Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Been a real issue all season our corners be it attacking or defending them

Talk Bollox was saying the other day that the stats for scoring directly from corners was like 1 in 100 which surprised me a bit but guess that depends on having a lot of 6ft+ players through the team which clearly we don’t , so our stats are probably lower then the 100 + average they mentioned ( which is not checked so could be total bollox anyway )
I’m surprised that somebody as revolutionary as pep hasn’t come up with some other options of corner kicks that doesn’t eventually end with the ball being lumped I’m the box being from direct corner or short corner.
Not a criticism but if anybody can change the norm then I’d guess pep could come up with something

Some people would rather pretend we weren't robbed because it's easier to forget then but I'm having none of that.

Yes Laporte's two were gifts for Spurs, well taken by Son to be fair but we kept at it, in the true spirit of the game as a team should but we weren't rewarded for our efforts.

It was handball it shouldn't have stood. The only argument that stands is it wasn't clear and obvious and the ref wasn't given the angle those who were watching the TNT stream could see. Who's fault is that, if the TV studios are getting better angles than the refs?

If you are using the clear and obvious get out clause, then neither was the offside clear and obvious, as the ball was played by a Spurs player off Bernardo. I don't think many Spurs fans could have complained had it stood.

We were the better team by a distance and someone should have been in the refs ear to let that goal at the end stand. It would have been justice for letting their goal stand. But City will never get a fair shake when things are that close it seems to be. I just find the argument that "it's City's fault for even letting it be that close" ridiculous and unrealistic, there's always going to be those games no matter how good we are.

When we have a corner its usually wasted or they counter from it and we have trouble. Look at first half corner David Silva passes out on the goal line omg.

And look at their final goal how that corner was delivered into the danger area with pace.

These things are so basic yet can decide big games like this.

I love Pep, but we are out because Pochettino was braver in the away leg than we were.
But pochettino was at home in our away leg and had a one goal cushion and the knowledge that we had no away goal in their away leg?

That reasoning is nonsense. It's not about bravery - Spurs actually had a simple task tonight really in terms of bravery or not

Can't give away 3 goals at home at this stage of the CL and expect to qualify. Some brilliant performances tonight but David Silva was the proverbial chocolate teapot again and Laporte cost us 2 of those goals & didn't cover himself in glory for the third.

Simple fact is that we weren't brave enough in the first leg. Liverpool scored 4 tonight in Porto when they could have sat back. Ajax went to Madrid & Turin and were true to their footballing beliefs. We lost that game at White Hart Lane.

Are you for real? The ball comes of Llorentes elbow, nothing else. Laporte has got nothing to do with Llorente scoring with his elbow. The fact that the VAR replay didn’t show the angle which it clearly showed he scored with his elbow is fucking annoying.

You are seeing what you want to see pal.

Llorante’s arm made zero movement and if anyrhing he’s put off by Laporte pushing the arm.

I’m more annoyed at Ederson not even attempting to save it than anything the ref or Var did.

Get over it.

Over 2 legs by our standards we were poor in a lot of ways. Selection in first leg, tactics and a shit penalty meant we took nothing away from the first leg. And tonight our back 4 just werent good enough. Is it me or do we not look and play nervous in CL matches especially at latter stages. Pass completion % piss poor. Spurs were there for the taking. And as for Var. Ref shouldnt be making those decisions - he looked rushed, then shrugged his shoulders cos he couldnt make his mind up ?? He lead with his arm and it fucking hit it ! Bloody blind pew walton says it hit his knee, then thigh then hip and hes sat in front of 5 fucking plasmas. Gutted, fucking gutted....
Oh piss off. You only come on here when the chips are down. Fuck off .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.