Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

3 goals at home not acceptable. Laporte made 2 huge mistakes for their first 2 goals and Kompany should have got his head on their corner for the Lorente goal. 3 very poor mistakes from professionals who should know better and the fact that our back 4 has been changed so much throughout the season. IMO, I think this result will entirely crush the players and can see mistakes coming in the next 2 games that will scupper the premiership. I hope I am wrong, but this was a truly terrible result psychologically.
And can someone please tell me Gundo started, despite Fern being fit. Gundo was shite tonight - apart from 1 good pass. He seems incapable of finding space for himself and cannot defend. He also seems to be incapable of making a shot on target.
Gundogan was shite? What utter bollocks, he had a decent game tonight, check out Edderson if you want to start pointing the finger

I’m in the CB stand next to the family stand. When the mayhem was erupting after “that” goal, I had a great view of the ensuing drama, Spuds players were done and distraught, Pep was flying down the wing, the players were going bonkers, apart from Bernardo, he was just below my view, had both hands on his head looking seriously worried, it stopped my own celebration. Did anyone else see it and I wonder if he just knew he touched the ball whilst Sergio was “offside”
I’ve not seen any replay
But when the ball spun to Aguero I thought instantly he was offside, but went mad when we scored but also clocked the ref put his hand to his ear and saw Bernado put his hands on his head
I was hoping the ball came of a Spurs player last

We weren't shite in the first leg but played different tactics. Mistakes have put us out all their goals should have been prevented. Son's shot tonight was a good goal but he was given loads of space. We play a high line and risky football and it almost paid off. We weren't shit but a couple of individuals were at key moments.

Well, I watched the first leg with a bunch of City fans. The consensus was that we were shite. Sorry, but that is where we threw it away. Yes, I understand the fact that we had a difficult game away to Palace in the league, and had had less time to prepare than Spurs - but we were shite. Personally, Paul, I would much rather have the PL title than this over-hyped bunch of bollocks every day of the week. However, I do not want to fall out with a fellow City fan. I think we took some risks, and it failed to pay off. So be it. Win the league, and I couldn't care less.

Felt genuinely honoured to have been at such an epic game. A true footballing occasion. It’s the principal reason why I love City being a leading club. You get more moments of high drama following a successful club. More quarters and semi finals to the dozen in all competitions, for a start.
Of a similar mindset, with some time since that final few minutes. Wish I could have been there, even given the outcome.

I still feel gutted by that result.

EmbellishedNewClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

We made mistakes, but I don't want to take anything away from any players on the night. They fought like warriors and deserved to win. I don't even want to take anything away from Pep on the night because he got it mostly right.

We bottled it in the first match. Missed penalty, failure to score an away goal, poor team selection from Pep and... Delph... FKing Delph.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.