Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Sorry? You think losing tonight will make winning the league more difficult? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
I think he’s referring to the psychological effect of tonight, especially in relation the manner of losing. I think he’s probably wrong, we’ve got a strong group of players, but I can’t discount the suggestion out of hand. Some of our players looked broken at the end.

Big game Saturday.

Kev sterling and Bernardo have to play. Spurs were shit scared of them. Perm any of the rest but hopefully sane over mahrez.

It was one of those “I was there” moments, the Sterling disallowed goal. Real blood and thunder football
game. Great atmosphere too. The roar when the “winner” went in was as loud as I’ve heard at the Etihad since 93:20. Games like that are what it’s all about and underlines why football can be such an incredible sporting spectacle.

Devastated at the end, but that soon passed; the quadruple was a big ask. I was starting to believe that it might happen, but that was just my innate optimism overwhelming reality again!

So want to win this fucking premier league. This could still be an incredible season. No need for blues to be despondent at this stage.

If we had won it I would say it was probably the craziest and best game I had attended in my life. Losing it just makes it the craziest.

We have to pick ourselves up now. I just hope we are not mentally shot after that, to play so well and give everything and still lose can be damaging. Hopefully Pep will tell them we have proved we can run Spur's ragged, just cut out the mistakes and defend better and we should be okay Saturday. It will probably finish 0-0, that would be typical City!

I think he’s referring to the psychological effect of tonight, especially in relation the manner of losing. I think he’s probably wrong, we’ve got a strong group of players, but I can’t discount the suggestion out of hand. Some of our players looked broken at the end.

Big game Saturday.

Ok. I think he’s wrong. Professionals at the very top of their game with enormous self belief and mental strength

They may have been broken tonight but they and the coaches will channel that pain right and come Saturday we’ll be straining at the leash !!!

Heart breaking end to a crazy game. We lost the tie last week with such a negative approach.
But nights like this remind me why I support our club. Fans were brilliant. Players faught to the end. Manager was a class act in defeat.
We'll go again on Saturday and can still end the season with the treble.
And let's face it, when you've seen us lose away at places like Bradford and scrape a 0-0 at Tranmere Rovers, you can survive a quarter final exit from the Champions' League.
CTID

Ok. I think he’s wrong. Professionals at the very top of their game with enormous self belief and mental strength

They may have been broken tonight but they and the coaches will channel that pain right and come Saturday we’ll be straining at the leash !!!
Yeah, I think Saturday could be another classic, with us possibly walloping them. Don’t often make outlandish claims on the outcome of a single game, but we’re more than capable, mentally as well as skill wise.

We should be fine. Fucking hope so, anyway!

Absolutely shattered after that, waking up 3.30 in the morning to get set for the game.

Thought with the early Sterling cracker we'd romp it in, didn't have time to think and Spurs scored two. The fight to get back so quickly after that was great to see. Thought we were more then good enough over two legs to take the tie, but the fine margins cost us. The missed penalty, Laporte's mistakes, and then the winner being chalked off. That's what Pep was saying about the Champions League, the fine margins cost us.

Credit to you all who went, the atmosphere was amazing on Tele, couldn't imagine the emotion in the stadium after the last minute. On Tele it seemed the VAR call was coming.

Onto Saturday now, hopefully can turn them over and charge towards the domestic treble.

Absolutely shattered after that, waking up 3.30 in the morning to get set for the game.

Thought with the early Sterling cracker we'd romp it in, didn't have time to think and Spurs scored two. The fight to get back so quickly after that was great to see. Thought we were more then good enough over two legs to take the tie, but the fine margins cost us. The missed penalty, Laporte's mistakes, and then the winner being chalked off. That's what Pep was saying about the Champions League, the fine margins cost us.

Credit to you all who went, the atmosphere was amazing on Tele, couldn't imagine the emotion in the stadium after the last minute. On Tele it seemed the VAR call was coming.

Onto Saturday now, hopefully can turn them over and charge towards the domestic treble.

Best atmosphere in years at the ground. The place went absolutely mental when the disallowed fifth went in. Cruel doesn't cut it.

Thats as far as they will get. Without Son and Kane they are bang average. Ajax will crush them home and away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.