Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Mendy was awful last night. Laporte was punished for 2 mistakes. He's been solid all season though. Kev and Sterling were on another level. Sadly I think we have seen the best of David Silva. He's lost his magic. We've been blessed to have him here for so long.

The first leg cost us ultimately. Aguero puts that pen away and we are talking about a semi final. Not blaming Aguero at all but Pep needs to look at the team selection and how we played that night.

Don't think we'll ever win this competition. The God's are against us. Last season with VAR we'd of gone through and this season without it we'd have gone through.

Gutted. But lt can be forgotten when we bring home the treble.

Mendy wasn't terrible at all. All things considered getting thrown into one or the fastest paced Champions Lesgue knockout games in history with only a game or two back from 18 months out he was bloody exceptional.

He dealt with Moura and every single time he got 1v1 he made the tackle. He put in fewer dangerous crosses than normal but he was very noticeably tucking in to midfield for the first half and not getting on the overlap, still played one very nice through ball to put sterling through.

Honestly if your take away from that game was that Mendy was a problem, i feel sorry for you.

Also Laporte made 3 mistakes and was punished for all 3.

Yeah he'd have been onside if Bernardo hadn't touched it but I think Bernardo's touch actually diverted the ball to him.
I can cope with that one - offside for definite. Spurs are through and they'll enjoy it, but everyone's talking about us being screwed over.

Working away in Edinburgh and so Bluemoon advise was to watch City in the 3 Sisters bar. Thinking it was a place where City fans from the area would go. Fucking rammed with Liverpool fans !! Not great when you celebrate like a Loony when Sterling bags the winner only for hundreds in the pub to go mental when VAR was given offside. Horrible night, great game but can’t help but believe UEFA are bent !!

I can imagine! What a nightmare moment that must have been! Bad enough at the game but to be surrounded by scousers.....

I think this highlights the issue with VAR, the angles they chose to use, the ‘line’ they draw etc.

I also think the ‘thought process’ the officials in the VAR box use should be broadcast. They should supplement this by explaining which law(s) they are using to form their decision and the decision should be a ‘majority’ one made by a panel of 3.

IF they’re going to use it, at least do it properly and transparently.

However, if it were my choice I’d fuck it off.

It very clearly takes the emotion out of the game. It will get to a point where the crowd will be forced to stifle their automatic response to ‘go mad’ when a goal goes in, and have to ‘wait’ for VAR to say ok crack on and celebrate now.

Dangerous that imo. It takes the essence and excitement out of the game.

Bang on Rose. I was there for my first live game with var and have to say all my fears about the system were laid bare in front of my eyes. I will not be going to another one. After shelling out around 80 notes on the day it seems that i'd have been better informed sat at home in front of a telly. I've not watched any of the incidents yet so have no idea if the calls were 'correct' or not. What i do know is the whole experience was ruined by the desire to make football a robotic, no doubt, game that we all have to watch in slow motion.

Just got to take it on the chins and move on. No extra motivation needed now, there is no way we can let those twats from Murkyside win the league and that is the main focus.

Mendy wasn't terrible at all. All things considered getting thrown into one or the fastest paced Champions Lesgue knockout games in history with only a game or two back from 18 months out he was bloody exceptional.

He dealt with Moura and every single time he got 1v1 he made the tackle. He put in fewer dangerous crosses than normal but he was very noticeably tucking in to midfield for the first half and not getting on the overlap, still played one very nice through ball to put sterling through.

Honestly if your take away from that game was that Mendy was a problem, i feel sorry for you.

Also Laporte made 3 mistakes and was punished for all 3.

I thought he looked a little bit sluggish at times but only to be expected. Other than that he was ok. Nothing out of the ordinary but a decent game.

Laporte and Ederson were terrible. They were the reason we went out and Delph last week.

Poor defending in both legs and Spurs capitalised.

Fair play to Spurs, at least they play the game the right way. I would have Son off them in a heartbeat. Great player.

VAR made the correct call, his arm was in a natural position and he didn't move his arm towards the ball. Would it have gone in if it didn't hit is arm though? maybe not the fact it hit his arm probably helped direct it goalwards but it did come off his hip last. For me VAR made the correct decision but I do think they got it wrong with the offside and the ref should have taken a look himself which he didn't. No consistency again.

Aguero was offside, I’ve no complaints about that. Offside is a matter of fact. However, Llorente scored with his arm

Just seen a comment online where a rag has said its swings and roundabouts. You got the decisions at Swansea and your luck can't last forever! Jesus wept!

Revel in that comment mate....it means the most enjoyment the rags get in football nowadays is when the main team in Manchester (and surrounding areas) have a disappointing result. It helps deflect them from their tortuous run of 2 wins in 7 (seven) and recognition that they were second best in the two games they won.

It’s also a bit of bravado ahead of them getting absolutely SPANKED next Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.