Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Pep is the best coach i have ever seen but even the best make mistakes and for me the mistakes were made in the semi final v brighton where IMO a 2nd choice team would have got the job done leaving us with the chance to blitz spurs in the 1st leg with a full strength team and we could have played a mixed team last night on the break and been relativley fresh for saturday where as know the players looked out on there feet last night and anything but maximum points from next 2 games could see us surender our title. All ifs and maybes and to be fair we shouldnt be conceding 3 at home in 1 game when we had only conceded 3 in our last 11 at home. Last point is that after seeing the lorente goal and the hearing the ref was not shown the view of it hitting his arm just clarifies how bent uefa are i wont be attending uefa games again im not spending over £1000 again to watch us be mugged by the tw###.

Working away in Edinburgh and so Bluemoon advise was to watch City in the 3 Sisters bar. Thinking it was a place where City fans from the area would go. Fucking rammed with Liverpool fans !! Not great when you celebrate like a Loony when Sterling bags the winner only for hundreds in the pub to go mental when VAR was given offside. Horrible night, great game but can’t help but believe UEFA are bent !!
Will be even sweeter if/when we lift the PL,mate..

Reflecting back after very little sleep and my thoughts are what I said after the first leg, we missed a big opportunity with our team selection and obviously the result in that game.

Last night after four minutes we are level but Spurs know for every goal they score we effectively have to score two. It is a huge ask. To our credit we rallied but ultimately we are out because of it. The time to be bold is the away leg, without being reckless of course.

Analyzing last nights game in the cold light of day and as harsh as it is two players were pretty poor and cost us. Laporte had an absolute nightmare, at fault for all three goals. Ederson just as in the first leg should have saved Son's first and was flapping all over the place for their third, resulting in the sustained pressure they finally scored from.

In midfield Gundogan became worse as the game wore on and David Silva was totally anonymous. It really pains me to say it but he is being picked on past reputation at the moment, in the hope the magician will find his wand once more. Let's hope he does.

Three players were outstanding and deserved to still be in the competition. Sterling, De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva. What games they had.

Going forward our defence has to be looked at. Laporte might, last night aside, play some great passes, but defensively he is weak, especially in the air. Vinny is coming to the end and Stones is either out of favour or just not fit, not sure which it is but he can't get into the side. Mendy's fitness is a worry as is Eddie's shot stopping and his ability to deal with crosses. It absolutely pains me to say this but the 75 million the dippers spent on VVD was a bargain. A rock and a leader. It doesn't matter how fantastic our inventive and forward players are if we can't defend under pressure we are back in the Keegan style of having to score four to have a chance of winning a game. We get away with it against most of the premier league but at the top level we won't and often don't.

Spur's are a bit similar to us, not bad going forward but weak at the back. Last night we just had a more "Spurs'y" night than them defensively.

It still hurts today and that will only ease if we get six points from our next two games and go onto win the title and cup. I just hope the players can lift themselves physically and mentally for what is now a six game season.

I think I am not too bitter because I am now used to being cheated by UEFA. A part people are not talking about is that Ederson got fouled before the goal and the referee let it stand.

As soon as the referee was going to check the VAR screen, I just knew the people in the VAR room will not show the referee that angle that was quite clear that Llorente used his elbow.

It is time we get this Champions League knockout phases right. If we are not blowing our opponents away, we will get cheated.

Goalkeeper goes up to catch the ball and is buffeted. Foul all day long, but was it a City defender who buffeted him? Also , the initial corner where Eddie came tear-arsing out to beat the Spurs player? The guy was two yards offside, right in front of the lino. I think I haven't got incidents confused!!

Your anger is misplaced, I feel. Yes, again we were on the end of some tough decisions, but we have a knack of putting ourselves in the position of requiring assistance from the system and need to learn to control games better. Once we do that, we will win it. Maybe even next year.

There's still an UNPRECEDENTED domestic treble there for us if we want it.

Yes and I'll be going all in for it , however I believe that organisation is completely corrupt from top to bottom and needs disbanding, and that's after a nights sleep, i don't give a f**k about it anymore, admittedly, i'm in Australia now but never miss a game even 3am start and work the next day, that's the last game chumps I'll watch until it changes, hope City pay 200 mill for Mbappe and pay him 400k a week same go's for De Ligt and whoever else, giving FFP and UEFA the big finger
C'mon City f**k em

The good news is our attacking players were on fire. It was an unfortunate night of defending. The manner of the loss is the worst part. Actually being level on goals over two legs and being slowly tortured by VAR. I can't see it not having a psychological impact. Hopefully Pep can show his mettle now and raise their spirits by weekend. A win on Saturday will be a huge moment.

As usual a high percentage of opposition chances end up as goals. There is a reason for that. When the chances come we are light at the back due to our style of play.
In the PL the majority of sides can't hurt us. But at the business end of the CL players like Son, given acres of room will score.
We will win it one day but it will be a different manager who does it.

Pep is the best coach i have ever seen but even the best make mistakes and for me the mistakes were made in the semi final v brighton where IMO a 2nd choice team would have got the job done leaving us with the chance to blitz spurs in the 1st leg with a full strength team and we could have played a mixed team last night on the break and been relativley fresh for saturday where as know the players looked out on there feet last night and anything but maximum points from next 2 games could see us surender our title. All ifs and maybes and to be fair we shouldnt be conceding 3 at home in 1 game when we had only conceded 3 in our last 11 at home. Last point is that after seeing the lorente goal and the hearing the ref was not shown the view of it hitting his arm just clarifies how bent uefa are i wont be attending uefa games again im not spending over £1000 again to watch us be mugged by the tw###.

Half agree but by our stabdasta we were poor against Brighton ( who are ddeadrea) because we played with the handbrake on just like away to Spurs.

Wow what a night - I went over and over the game and could not sleep.
A few things struck me
You don’t miss penalties
Aymeric has been amazing the whole season and sadly he saved up a few howlers for one match - he will learn and get better
KDB was immense
WE WON last night in the result but also as an advert for entertainment- no one does it like City
The offside rule needs looking at - using a slide rule to see if a player is ‘offside ‘ is not actually what the offside rule is about - it is not in the spirit of the game- he was not getting an advantage here with such a marginal call- I’d give you offside if he was a foot or even a yard but , what, a few millimetres that should never be classed as ‘ offside ‘ but thanks to tv punditry and several overweight asses in a studio we now analyse these things to see ‘ if it was a close call’ - it’s truly not right but hey we move on
City bring me such satisfaction and sadness but I love them and will be there Saturday having travelled three hours t get there and will cheer them with all my effort
Come on City let’s show the country WE DESERVE to be CHAMPIONS,
CTID
Yes, I know that offside was not about slide rules but where do you draw the line? We have a clear line on goal line decisions, throwings, corners. If we leave it open to interpretation you leave it open to controversy and corruption.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.