Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Watched Pep's post match interview. I don't know how anyone can disagree. The players and supporters need to show fight to win the league. You win leagues by treating every single game like it's do or die. The crowd was muted, the players were muted. Let's hope this kickstarts something.
Yep. He knows we can’t be muted against teams who play to make us mute - if that makes sense. Everton, spurs, rags - it’s a variation on park the bus. Professional fouls, slow the pace, kill the spectacle. Working with the refs who unthinkable sub-consciously try and level it up.

Too slow first half, same shit that has plagued us for a while.

Anyone booing at the end of the first half can fuck off.

But a great comeback second half. Proper entertainment, high tempo, loads of energy, pressing, sharp passing, positive forward passing. It was like the proper City turned up for the first time in ages.
And balls over the top for Haaland to run onto aswell second half. Causing havoc in Spurs defence. Much more direct.

Crucial time to turn a game around in the season like that and i hope we can follow on now and push on, what worries me is that we are very jekyll and Hyde with performances so im hoping it isn't a false dawn.

The first half was just lacklustre again, but we’ve been worse than that recently. A very poor individual mistake for their first and the same feeling sorry for ourselves moment just like Saturday for their 2nd where we just don’t deal with it. I thought Grealish and Rico looked decent in the first half.

2nd half was much better but again, I still think we had periods where we looked a bit half-arsed. That said, great to get back into it and then never looked like we’d let it go again once we were level.

Rico is a very, very good footballer. Shows maturity, calmness, desire and knowledge beyond his years. He’s not a gamble at all now and I’m wanting to see him start most games. Nothing against walker either, we’re now blessed in the right back department.

Grealish really showing how valuable he is now. Can’t wait for his confidence to pick up in front of goal. Hopefully he’ll back himself and shoot a bit more.

Solid from Ake again on the whole, our most consistent defender this season.

When we press and move the ball forwards quickly we will rip anyone a new one. Frustrating when we make 400 sideways and backwards passes because nobody wants to drive it.

Let’s hope we take confidence from that and push on now. We all know we can do it. Same team again on Sunday for me with the only change I’d think about being Dias for Akanji.

Ref wasn’t good enough again but that’s no surprise.

Oh, finally, fuck off Tottenham you horrible, boring southern cunts.
All of that.

Ake was immense. Our most consistent player this season.
I agree he was good but there's some tactical issue going on because it's far too easy to get in behind him currently with two passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.