Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

At the last moment, was he calling out KDB, Foden and Bernardo? Or did I misunderstand?
Wow!!!! That is some interview. Certainly very interesting and he makes some very valid points. It was good that he points out the efforts and passion of Ake and Lewis. Think he is certainly have a go at some of the players who were not involved.

If he's good enough, he's old enough...

Still needs to practice his role.

Why would anyone just chuck a young kid into such a high pressured situation?

Guardiola's never done that in this league and won't start now.

He'll get Lewis used to the high pressure against better teams by playing him in lower graded oppo games, first. He did well in some situations tonight and only just scraped through on others.

Tactically a upgrade on Walker, defensively not. Guardiola should (and would) pick experience in those situations until Lewis has better experience.

Maybe, just maybe, charging £68 and £45 for kids, is the root cause of a less than frantic atmosphere.

Regular Joe and his singing kids are sat at home shouting at the TV, whilst Roger from Hale Barns sits on his bands watching his kids chatting excitedly about their new pony.

Sort the pricing out, change the demographic.

Up the fucking Blues.

I did feel the atmosphere was a bit flat on kick off and ironically I don't know if the light show helps. I think that hype needs to be saved for the proper big games now and I think there was still plenty of people in the concourse. We are all a bit anxious as well which doesn't help.

The team were playing ok - the passing through the midfield was better than recently for me but we were still far from peak City. Ref was terrible and my half time boos were definitely directed at him. Goals were stupid.

Second half obviously things changed because we were more aggressive in the play. Grealish also was getting a bit of space and Alvarez was coming deeper, turning and running. It was a lot of fun.

Rico Lewis is an absolute joy to watch. He's so smart and takes up great positions to receive and play the ball. Spurs tried to bully him but he was more than up to the challenge. But what a bunch of idiots they were. Fellow professionals trying to kick a kid out of the game. Ref could have got him seriously injured today

At the last moment, was he calling out KDB, Foden and Bernardo? Or did I misunderstand?
He's calling out the whole squad bar Aké, Alvarez & Lewis. It's fuckin sobering, but nothing this squad don't deserve to hear.

Perhaps Guardiola will also compromise by allowing Riyad & Jack to play the attacking football we know they can, even if it means ceding possession on occasions.

If we don't attack, we're relying on opposition mistakes or worldies to score. This isn't how Pep got us to where we are.

We need a mixtures of control & unpredictable jeopardy in our play. This season all I've seen is an obsession with not losing possession, & it's costing us further up the pitch as we keep playing the ball sideways, or backwards...

Didnt see that one coming. Great 2nd half but unless we play a full 90 minutes like that we wont win the PL. Just hoping its a turning point.

Still needs to practice his role.

Why would anyone just chuck a young kid into such a high pressured situation?

Guardiola's never done that in this league and won't start now.

He'll get Lewis used to the high pressure against better teams by playing him in lower graded oppo games, first. He did well in some situations tonight and only just scraped through on others.

Tactically a upgrade on Walker, defensively not. Guardiola should (and would) pick experience in those situations until Lewis has better experience.
Mate as it stands, Lewis deserves to play. I think today will make Guardiola & our squad seriously reflect on our patchy season so far.

If Lewis is playing exactly as Pep wants & excelling at it, that's good enough for a starting slot for me. We need to pick players based on form & as far as I'm concerned, I've seen little from Lewis to suggest he'd crumble in a big match.

Tonight was a BIG match against a team who seem to have the hex over us, & Lewis acquitted himself better than most.

Booing the team at half time is not on! No matter what. We have been sensational for years. Well beyond our dreams.

Fantastic response from the lads and proves we are far better when we play aggressive, forward attacking football.
I honestly believe they were booing the ref. I think the media turned it into booing the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.