Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Why would anyone just chuck a young kid into such a high pressured situation?

Guardiola's never done that in this league and won't start now.
He did it tonight, we've just lost 2 on the spin, so he put him back where he's looked very good, and it's not a great surprise he looked good again.

He's 18, he's bound to have dips in form, but at the moment he's on top of his game, and his role helps give us control, so I would extend his time in the time and see how it goes.

Thanks for posting. I love the passion.

It reminds me of the All or Nothing documentary when he tells the players ''some of you play better when you hate me''. The bloke is a genius and he knows what he's doing.

He knows that Arsenal have that desire for a league title because its been so long for them. Motivation is different for them than it is for City, but that intensity is so important.

Side note, but glad to see he was pissed off we let Spurs kick Rico Lewis off the park and no one stepped in to back him up. Fernandinho would have cut Hojberg in two the first time he did it. Hopefully Dias can bring some leadership to the team, because we are too soft at the moment.

Perhaps Guardiola will also compromise by allowing Riyad & Jack to play the attacking football we know they can, even if it means ceding possession on occasions.
Both of these contributed much defensively tonight too, not something they are noted for, I think it's clear who his targets were tonight, and they mostly didn't get on the pitch, perhaps a couple did near the end.

I think he is spot on with his criticism of some after recent games, but they'll find their form and/or mojo at some point hopefully.

Ederson is another worry for me, he's not been great in recent games, even before the first goal tonight, he'd been suspect with a number of his passes out from goal, his pass to Rodri was to the wrong side, and it put him in trouble, the other side and he would have been comfortable, and his reaction showed he knew it.

Well...glad I only popped into the matchday forum for a couple of minutes - thought I'd been redirected to the 'Loose Women' or 'Mumsnet' website. Heaps of praise should be given to the team tonight. 2-0 down at halftime, ok, not good - first goal was an Ederson brainfart and he needs to stop being too nonchalant with the ball. A keeper's job is done best when either he doesn't have to do anything, or he makes saves that are something special. Don't have your team-mates chase the game just because you were being over-confident. He didn't contribute to the team's victory today - and he need's to sharpen up.

That aside, my glass was still half-full at the start of the second half, as I fully expected us to play at a faster tempo after the break, as we seem to be doing quite a few times this season. I don't really get this though, as we're more than capable of forcing the game during the first half by playing in this fashion and could probably kill most games off by half-time. For some reason we don't appear to be doing this in the current season. It's as if we've got to play a sort of 'chess-game', feeling the other team out for 45 minutes - by which time we can end up chasing the game. I don't think we need to combat other teams strengths, but rather play to our own strengths, and let the other teams try and find a way to deal with us. That's what's made us successful over the past few years, and not playing to our strengths is the biggest change that I have noticed this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.