Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

As I have a season card and go to the matches, I don’t post on the match thread or usually read it. Having just got in from the game, I decided to have a look what comments had been made on there. Got to say that some of the posters on there really need to give their head a good wobble. Some of the comments about some of the players and Pep are beyond understanding and a disgrace.
We didn’t play that bad in the first half, but 2 bad mistakes led to us going 2 goals down. 2nd half was much better and after we got 1 back, Rodri encouraged the crowd to get behind the team and they duly obliged. Basically Spurs showed how frail they are and we took full advantage. Don’t agree with the booing at half time and I feel that some of our fans have got so used to us winning and playing outstanding football that they think that we have a right to have it every game.
It was good to see all of the players going round the whole stadium at full time to show their appreciation to the fans. Special word for young Rico. He was fantastic tonight and you could see what it meant to him to receive the applause he deserved.
Come on guys, get behind the team on Sunday!

Thanks for posting. I love the passion.

It reminds me of the All or Nothing documentary when he tells the players ''some of you play better when you hate me''. The bloke is a genius and he knows what he's doing.

He knows that Arsenal have that desire for a league title because its been so long for them. Motivation is different for them than it is for City, but that intensity is so important.

Side note, but glad to see he was pissed off we let Spurs kick Rico Lewis off the park and no one stepped in to back him up. Fernandinho would have cut Hojberg in two the first time he did it. Hopefully Dias can bring some leadership to the team, because we are too soft at the moment.
There was a corner to spurs in the first (before they scored) and it was frightening how little communication and talking was happening between the city players - not sure if it’s a lack of leadership or complacency as pep points out… agree something you’d hope Dias would bring back to us

Hojberg was niggling at him all game…. Giving him little digs as he ran past him

Yeah, I was following that and noticed Rico giving it back to him as well, which was good to see, but Hojberg was definitely looking for a reaction and trying to provoke him. It definitely needed a senior City player to step in and give Hojberg something back, but didn't happen unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.