Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Both of these contributed much defensively tonight too, not something they are noted for, I think it's clear who his targets were tonight, and they mostly didn't get on the pitch, perhaps a couple did near the end.

I think he is spot on with his criticism of some after recent games, but they'll find their form and/or mojo at some point hopefully.

Ederson is another worry for me, he's not been great in recent games, even before the first goal tonight, he'd been suspect with a number of his passes out from goal, his pass to Rodri was to the wrong side, and it put him in trouble, the other side and he would have been comfortable, and his reaction showed he knew it.
Agreed. It was a suicide pass to Rodri as it was too far to his right. The best he could do was stab at the ball in the hope it fell to one of our players. It didn't! :-(

There's a lot wrong this season, from the dressing room, tactically & players' attitudes on the pitch. The difference between the first & second half was purely attitude & desire.

It's looking like a major shakeup is required & on the cards. Something's happened within the squad. I've never seen Pep so tetchy about our squad, & all season he's been alluding to something being wrong.

Yeah, I was following that and noticed Rico giving it back to him as well, which was good to see, but Hojberg was definitely looking for a reaction and trying to provoke him. It definitely needed a senior City player to step in and give Hojberg something back, but didn't happen unfortunately.
Who was it that went straight through Lewis? Dirty as fck.

It's looking like a major shakeup is required & on the cards. Something's happened within the squad. I've never seen Pep so tetchy about our squad, & all season he's been alluding to something being wrong.
I don't agree with this, I think he's quite annoyed with some of them, but we don't need major changes, some of the changes are already happening, we've already transitioned to players who have won "less", quite telling that team tonight, especially those that didn't get on.

The whole world wanted major changes at half time, but he left them to it, and they responded, to be fair though, we had a decent first half until the final 2 minutes, it wasn't our best, but it was far better than the last 2 games, then we had the mad 2 minutes.

I thought they were excellent second half, and the changes were wise to control the end of the game at 3-2, we only got the 4th at 90 minutes to make it safe, but we largely game managed the last 25 minutes.

We all need to remember this is a very unusual season with the WC, and some players having a mid season holiday, the two players who seems to have benefitted most, Alverez a WC winner, and Mahrez from the holiday, others seem to have come back lacking badly. I'm sure it'll work itself out eventually.

Kane is massively over rated and over hyped .
You might catch a few with that mate :), i’ll give you my personal thoughts though… kane is a fantastic player who would’ve been a huge success for us if wed’ve signed him, we couldn’t for obvious reasons, instead we got erling :) happy days indeed

I don't agree with this, I think he's quite annoyed with some of them, but we don't need major changes, some of the changes are already happening, we've already transitioned to players who have won "less", quite telling that team tonight, especially those that didn't get on.

The whole world wanted major changes at half time, but he left them to it, and they responded, to be fair though, we had a decent first half until the final 2 minutes, it wasn't our best, but it was far better than the last 2 games, then we had the mad 2 minutes.

I thought they were excellent second half, and the changes were wise to control the end of the game at 3-2, we only got the 4th at 90 minutes to make it safe, but we largely game managed the last 25 minutes.

We all need to remember this is a very unusual season with the WC, and some players having a mid season holiday, the two players who seems to have benefitted most, Alverez a WC winner, and Mahrez from the holiday, others seem to have come back lacking badly. I'm sure it'll work itself out eventually.
I think you are underestimating Peps post match comments. To play such a crucial game vs Spurs without Laporte, Walker, Cancelo, Bernardo, KDB and Foden is a huge signal. It explains why many of them have barely played since the world cup. And it explains for example why Foden has played much less since mid october. If those on the bench dont step up in the next few weeks after these comments by Pep they will be gone. He sold Deco and Ronaldinho at Barca remember. If they lack the hunger he will be merciless.

I think you are underestimating Peps post match comments. To play such a crucial game vs Spurs without Laporte, Walker, Cancelo, Bernardo, KDB and Foden is a huge signal. It explains why many of them have barely played since the world cup. And it explains for example why Foden has played much less since mid october. If those on the bench dont step up in the next few weeks after these comments by Pep they will be gone. He sold Ronaldinho and Eto’o at Barca remember. If they lack the hunger he will be merciless.
No I don't think I have, basically he's telling them they need to step up, his team selection tonight was key, and though he brought on a few at the end to manage the game, I think it was very telling who he didn't bring on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.