Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Yet again shafted by the ref, some terrible decisions again last night. Lewis got kicked like a goverment mule.
Holjberg should have been sent off for a couple of things.

Number 1 because he's a cheating little twat.
Number 2 because he's a ****.
Number 3 because he stamped on Rico twice and to the best of my knowledge VAR wasn't the slightest bit bothered about it.

But the Ref was shocking, totally lost the plot and forgot what he was there for. A couple of soft fouls came and went but leaving the foot in and shoves in the back are fouls.

Open you eyes and look at our bench last night, why were 4 high class players sat there?

They have let their standards drop, that's why.

There can be NO sentiment in top class sport, NONE.
We have a wealth of talent and you can’t play a player for every single game. Are you seriously suggesting that we move out KDB and Foden?

Holjberg should have been sent off for a couple of things.

Number 1 because he's a cheating little twat.
Number 2 because he's a ****.
Number 3 because he stamped on Rico twice and to the best of my knowledge VAR wasn't the slightest bit bothered about it.

But the Ref was shocking, totally lost the plot and forgot what he was there for. A couple of soft fouls came and went but leaving the foot in and shoves in the back are fouls.
Bang on

We have a wealth of talent and you can’t play a player for every single game. Are you seriously suggesting that we move out KDB and Foden?
Both have dropped off the cliff in terms of form, why?

At this club you have to perform, have to be motivated, do you want to go back to the dark old days?

We have players at the club who no longer want to be here (Bernardo, Cancelo and probably Gundo) move them on, we simply can't have that.

Never be complacent.

At the last moment, was he calling out KDB, Foden and Bernardo? Or did I misunderstand?
Very clever from Pep. It’s all starting to make more sense now. His previous comments about poor body language in training. I played the players the fans want. Definitely called out those three and Cancelo. It could be a very interesting Summer. Once a player has crossed the line with Pep, they will have to work very hard to get back. Criticising the home fans just bought him a cracking atmosphere against Wolves. He’s done it before. Pep’s right, when Rico was being fouled where were our players defending him and in the refs face. Where’s the nasty streak, we are way too nice, that was the flowers comment. We’ve all said that. There was also criticism of the board about their complacency. He used the word ‘organisation’. That’s the poor transfer window except for Haaland. His comments about Zinny and Jesus, it was very clear not his decision. Some might criticise Jack, but that lad has exactly the right attitude Pep wants. The way the players came over to the South Stand, that’s the players saying we want a proper home end. The club need to listen. My moment of the night, Haaland singing ‘City, tearing cockneys apart again’. He really is a fan!

Last edited:
I thought the booing was aimed at the Ref because of the tackles they got away with on Rico. But thats not good press is it.

To me last nights second half was like the awakening of a Lion who realises his kingdom is under threat and he needs to reaffirm his status as King of the Jungle. The apex predator realised it was hungry and it had spent to long starving on scraps of Haaland.

It was perhaps the wake up call we needed and how we reacted was simply superb. We have been short of confidence of late, things have gone against us at vital times, in the second half the belief flooded back, the luck changed (Rico onto the bar) and we overwhelmed them with the sort of performance we have come to expect in recent seasons.

I am sure the dressing room at Half Time was interesting. No subs said to me, it was decided you got us in this hole. now you dig us out. And my how did they dig.

From looking like League challenge over, its now very much game on. Other teams know we are capable of sustained winning runs and if I was an Arsenal fan last night, i would have thought "fuck they have woken up"

Both have dropped off the cliff in terms of form, why?

At this club you have to perform, have to be motivated, do you want to go back to the dark old days?

We have players at the club who no longer want to be here (Bernardo, Cancelo and probably Gundo) move them on, we simply can't have that.

Never be complacent.

That was Fergusons speciality.

No player was bigger than the club,the minute he thought they were taking the piss.....off they were fucked.

As you say,in this team.....we cant have complacency,we cant carry passengers,and we cant afford individuals.

That was Fergusons speciality.

No player was bigger than the club,the minute he thought they were taking the piss.....off they were fucked.

As you say,in this team.....we cant have complacency,we cant carry passengers,and we cant afford individuals.
IF Foden has attitude issues, he needs to sort them out and quickly and IF he does not change, even he is not big enough to be moved on.

Fergusson was sadly hugely successful for 20 years for a reason, he was a ruthless bastard, same with Shankly, Paisley, Clough etc.

We have too many passengers in the squad at this moment, Pep has clearly seen enough and we witnessed the results on the bench last night.

Got away with 1 last night we didn't play well most attacks were laboured slow and predictable. The fight was there tho especially 2nd half need to improve 10fold to have any title chance.
Here's a word - balderdash!
To win when you are not playing well is the sign of champions someone once said.
To me the difference between the 2 halves was night and day and we didn't play that badly in the 1st half.
The 2nd half, nobody could have lived with us. We were magnificent!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.