Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Interesting stat on commentary that we had the most players at the World Cup…16

Maybe that’s affecting us. Good to hear Pep put a rocket up everyone.

I have never looked back at a match-day thread but have just done so. My god, the calling out of players and Pep, calling for Raz, saying Grealish and Mahrez are not feared by anyone. What has happened to us as fans, seriously?

Last night, I couldn't believe what I was reading at half time so I posted this:

Some strange stuff here, as always. We have played decently, and were the better team, until 2 mistakes in two minutes. We can come back into this. I understand the emotion, but many don't speak like fans.

We are second in the league in what is a very strange season, with more players from City at the World Cup than any team in world football, with DIas, Walker, Stones and Laporte out for a chunk of the season and some seasoned professionals having left us, with replacements brand new to the PL. I stand by what I said: start acting like supporters who understand the club and football - it is not a given to win - and nearly every single supporter in the country would be very damn grateful for what we have, and have had.

There was only me and thee talking sense and not plopping our knickers on there last night mate.

I actually enjoyed the game more than I should I guess, I thought we were the far batter team in the first half apart from the two silly mistakes that gifted them the goals, the 2nd half all I can say is wow I doubt many teams could have resisted that kind of pressure, plus the equaliser threw the Spurs game plan in the bin, they did not know what to do

Hopefully this will kickstart the season again

Who would you buy to improve our team then?
Ok, some players are out of sorts, but they are professionals and will recover their form.
I think Bellingham would be a good signing for us, but who else could improve/strengthen the squad?
It's not only about the quality. It's the hunger and desire that is missing. That's why Pep said that he knows how good these players are. It's the motivation within them that he is trying to get back.

How many of you were getting texts from scummy rags at HT , I waited till FT with my riposte ,
' It’s a funny old game’ haven’t heard anything back yet : )

In another interview he said Mahrez was "on holiday" in the first part of the season but now has his levels back again.
I agree with him 100%. Mahrez looked a different player, particularly in the 2nd half last night. After his 2nd goal he went back for more and was trying to get a third. Amazing what confidence and attitude can do!!

Ederson, 4 - Sloppy for both goals, especially the first

Lewis, 9 - They grow up fast, don't they?
Stones, 6 - Not really at fault for anything but was asked to do a lot and wasn't always on it
Akanji, 6 - a mixed night, some good, some bad, in a weird run of form
Ake, 8 - got caught out once but was otherwise great

Rodri, 7 - not his fault for the first goal, his usual self second half
Gundogan, 7 - always steady and controlled
Grealish, 7 - played at a good tempo I thought, could have had a bit more cutting edge

Alvarez, 8 - always active and pesky, great finish for his goal
Haaland, 8 - did what he's there to do, score big goals
Mahrez, 10 - take a bow, mate.

I agree with him 100%. Mahrez looked a different player, particularly in the 2nd half last night. After his 2nd goal he went back for more and was trying to get a third. Amazing what confidence and attitude can do!!
Players have dips in form, and we go to the well again and again. He has been in good form for several games now, after a poor start to the season.

Great performance all in all but I was fucking livid at half time.

You can play as well as you want but if you're going to keep throwing away cheap goals every game then we're not going to win anything.

That goes for everyone. Personally, Rodri is my player of the season and is the closest thing we have to a true captain on the pitch but the way he fannied into that challenge with Kane had me ready to brick his fucking windows.

Hopefully Pep's post match interview and press conference lit a fire under everyone's arse because there is no excuse to rest on your laurels when you've got so much talent and so much still to prove.

Fucking brilliant game and I'm actually hyped for Wolves on Sunday. Feels like it's been a while since I've been dying to watch us play again. Thanks Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.