Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Great performance all in all but I was fucking livid at half time.

You can play as well as you want but if you're going to keep throwing away cheap goals every game then we're not going to win anything.

That goes for everyone. Personally, Rodri is my player of the season and is the closest thing we have to a true captain on the pitch but the way he fannied into that challenge with Kane had me ready to brick his fucking windows.

Hopefully Pep's post match interview and press conference lit a fire under everyone's arse because there is no excuse to rest on your laurels when you've got so much talent and so much still to prove.

Fucking brilliant game and I'm actually hyped for Wolves on Sunday. Feels like it's been a while since I've been dying to watch us play again. Thanks Pep.
Anything happens to Rodri and we could be in serious lumber.

You have to remember that we're on our 3rd title in a row this year. The hunger maybe just isn't quite there compared to before. Arsenal are going to have the momentum as they're going to play every game like it's a title winner. We're meanwhile very likely to drop more points just because it's one of those blip seasons, look at Chelsea and Liverpool.

This is why though it probably makes sense for Pep to keep playing the new lads like Alvarez, Haaland and Lewis, because they're going to be hungry to play and win. It's mental to think that none of these 3 are over 22.

Neville and everyone else were wrong last night to say that we need to bring on KDB, Foden etc at half time as they're not all fit and whether they can be arsed or not is another matter. Had he done that and I think we would of lost last night.

They'll come good, especially when the Champions League comes back as that's the one they want. Mahrez was rubbish at the start of the year but now alongside Rodri he's our best player by a mile.
Pep had already alluded to a possible lack of hunger in the squad when referring to Lewis' introduction earlier in the season (when Walker was injured). Who knows what goes through a player's head when they've won the lot (barring the CL). Yes, we have a great squad full of extremely talented players but things can slip away so easily - look at Liverpool & Chelsea this season (different situations I know). That could be us if the nettle isn't grasped now. More importantly I think Pep realises this (at least I hope he does).

39d4e324550bc1b412d7a543114c949a.jpg

Somebody like this guy?
My first ever City away match was against Stoke at the victoria ground. When City scored it went crazy. Being smaller than those around us my friend and I didn't know who scored. I asked the person next to me who put the ball in the net and received the reply 'no idea but Gerry Gow got the goalie'.

Two Christmas presents for Spurs - who look average at best. Well played to the lads for stepping it up and showing 'em who's the better team. Was at the game but haven't seen the interview. Pep's 100 per cent right. He's a high energy guy and I was hoping we'd create a cauldron atmosphere last night for the team to feed off. I've been going since 1968 and the current long periods of silence in the stands are like a fecking church service - it's embarrassing.

We used to be known for having a crazily noisy home crowd - pre-Etihad. Now we're known for being quiet like Arsenal. Unfortunately, we now have a lot of middle class fans who can afford the tickets. Mr and Mrs Middle Class from Bramhall, Hale and Alderley Edge. They tilt their middle class heads to the side and smile a lot in their designer jeans, make no noise apart from chuntering amongst themselves and leave early. Two years ago, I moved from the North/Family Stand to the East stand to sit with my mate. Jeez, I feel like I've moved to a library. In the North Stand I was nowhere near being the noisiest, but in the East Stand I am. Where I sit now, if I stand up and make some noise, Mr and Mrs Middle Class look at me as though it's 'Sit down, you're embarrassing us.'

We need to start making some noise or Pep will be off sooner than we think. The players feed off crowd energy.

Pep had already alluded to a possible lack of hunger in the squad when referring to Lewis' introduction earlier in the season (when Walker was injured). Who knows what goes through a player's head when they've won the lot (barring the CL). Yes, we have a great squad full of extremely talented players but things can slip away so easily - look at Liverpool & Chelsea this season (different situations I know). That could be us if the nettle isn't grasped now. More importantly I think Pep realises this (at least I hope he does).
Yep, with Liverpool they're now a team of past it, over the hill, elderly old git players. We're a much younger team.

I have never looked back at a match-day thread but have just done so. My god, the calling out of players and Pep, calling for Raz, saying Grealish and Mahrez are not feared by anyone. What has happened to us as fans, seriously?

Last night, I couldn't believe what I was reading at half time so I posted this:

Some strange stuff here, as always. We have played decently, and were the better team, until 2 mistakes in two minutes. We can come back into this. I understand the emotion, but many don't speak like fans.

We are second in the league in what is a very strange season, with more players from City at the World Cup than any team in world football, with DIas, Walker, Stones and Laporte out for a chunk of the season and some seasoned professionals having left us, with replacements brand new to the PL. I stand by what I said: start acting like supporters who understand the club and football - it is not a given to win - and nearly every single supporter in the country would be very damn grateful for what we have, and have had.
Correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.