Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

The engine room is broken, just like with the dippers, Rodri apart the players in the midfield are a shadow of themselves.

Big summer coming up for recruitment and I hope Khaldoon will blow the doors off the Sheiks safe, Arsenal have over taken us in recruitment, signing top quality, hungry, technical players, something we used to do.
The key word is hunger. It's affected us all, as even many fans have become entitled & just expect things will be alright come May. They won't!

Bernardo wants out. Well he can fuck off. Gundog is 33 this year. Kev is 32. Walker will be 33 soon & Mahrez will be 33 early next year.

Players physically wane as they get older, but whether 23 or 33, if you don't have the heart, desire & will to succeed, natural talent alone will never bridge that divide.

I see KDB like Gerrard. Brilliant players, but what made them special was their lung-busting effort. Take that away from their games at the highest level, & we're left relying on moments of sheer genius, instead of a concerted effect across 90 minutes.

After what Guardiola said last night, only one manager in the world has the status, experience & respect to rip into our underperforming Superstars, tearing them & our fans a new arsehole, & that's Pep. And when talking about our fans, I include myself too.

The key word is hunger. It's affected us all, as even many fans have become entitled & just expect things will be alright come May. They won't!

Bernardo wants out. Well he can fuck off. Gundog is 33 this year. Kev is 32. Walker will be 33 soon & Mahrez will be 33 early next year.

Players physically wane as they get older, but whether 23 or 33, if you don't have the heart, desire & will to succeed, natural talent alone will never bridge that divide.

I see KDB like Gerrard. Brilliant players, but what made them special was their lung-busting effort. Take that away from their games at the highest level, & we're left relying on moments of sheer genius, instead of a concerted effect across 90 minutes.

After what Guardiola said last night, only one manager in the world has the status, experience & respect to rip into our underperforming Superstars, tearing them & our fans a new arsehole, & that's Pep. And when talking about our fans, I include myself too.
100% correct.

I have never got player worship, they come and they go, some become heroes, a tiny minority lifetime legends but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is Manchester City FC and their continued dominance of the game.

I never want to go back to the laughing stock we were before the takeover, never, maybe one day it will happen but not for a long , long time and with Pep here with this owner we still have so much more to win.

You're not seeing my point. I'm not saying Lewis doesn't "deserve" to play, I'm saying he's not going to be picked for high pressure games at this stage of his career.

Put it this way, he will stay in the team from now on, on merit, if you're right and I'm wrong. But that's not how it works under Guardiola.

I'm convinced Walker will play ahead of Lewis in the Arsenal game, barring injury and terrible run of form, which he's not in.

But, we'll see.
Last night was a high pressure, must win game for us... We're 5 point behind Arsenal who have a game in hand.

We're also at the halfway stage & approaching the business end of the season. Every game from hereon in is a high pressure, must win game if we want to retain our title.

If Lewis continues to play this well, why would Pep drop him for our most crucial matches after the previous two weeks? The whole squad have proved who & what we currently are, & as it stands Pep is only 100% happy with Alvarez, Aké & Lewis.

I really like Izzy's insight into the game.

Miles ahead of Spitty and Micah.

However, Spit's opinion on Alvarez exactly matches my thoughts before the game.
Eddie's shit kicking and yet got an assist (if you ignore the defenders touch)
i wasn’t fussed over the kick, as you say that’s what he is looking to do all the time, start from the back, but god that shot seemed to go straight through him, it was very close to him, and I think he should have at least got a hand to it, the player almost gave him a second chance with the shot

So he went full on public last night, do you think a coach of his stature would do that before speaking with them in private?

FFS
So you don’t have any basis on him calling them out in private.
I’ve not seen him specifically call out KDB or Foden in public either.

So you don’t have any basis on him calling them out in private.
I’ve not seen him specifically call out KDB or Foden in public either.
Think what you want, if your doubting anything that's been discussed after last night's Pep rant, the bench and the first half performance then your beyond reasoning.

Think what you want, if your doubting anything that's been discussed after last night's Pep rant, the bench and the first half performance then your beyond reasoning.
I think you’re hearing imaginary conversations in your own mind claiming stuff as fact that doesn’t exist.
I’ll leave you to your own bullshit. Onto ignore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.