Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Get off Eddie's back. One kicking error in a long long time. Alisson's making a howler most games for Liverpool - same was Lloris. We play risk and reward footy - we take the ball under pressure in and around our own box. Occasionally, it will go wrong.
I love Ederson, honestly i wouldn't change him for the world. He is perfect for City, there's not a GK in the world i would want above him. But i don't think you can deny that he has been off of late, in the department that he is the greatest in the world. Maybe that is a testament to how amazing he is at it, dropping off a tiny bit makes its glaring, but he def has and i'm sure he would admit it.

Very clever from Pep. It’s all starting to make more sense now. His previous comments about poor body language in training. I played the players the fans want. Definitely called out those three and Cancelo. It could be a very interesting Summer. Once a player has crossed the line with Pep, they will have to work very hard to get back. Criticising the home fans just bought him a cracking atmosphere against Wolves. He’s done it before. Pep’s right, when Rico was being fouled where were our players defending him and in the refs face. Where’s the nasty streak, we are way too nice, that was the flowers comment. We’ve all said that. There was also criticism of the board about their complacency. He used the word ‘organisation’. That’s the poor transfer window except for Haaland. His comments about Zinny and Jesus, it was very clear not his decision. Some might criticise Jack, but that lad has exactly the right attitude Pep wants. The way the players came over to the South Stand, that’s the players saying we want a proper home end. The club need to listen. My moment of the night, Haaland singing ‘City, tearing cockneys apart again’. He really is a fan!
Good post, spot on!

I was at the game so did not follow the matchday thread.

Oh' how it must have been a thing of beauty.

Until the second half ;-)

I'll take a look later.
Don't think some of the usual mardarses made it to the 2nd, it was like suicide watch.

Games like last night are what makes people love football. There's nothing better than coming back against the odds and overcoming the challenge. We have areas to improve on but It was a good game of football, expecially second half when we had to be more direct.

I expect the half time booing was aimed at the out of his depth Ref. Apart from Eddie's brain fart ( made up for in his assist for our final goal) the game seemed time to play out very much as did our win against Villa to secure yet another Premiership winning title. .... and that was a nice outcome!

Last night was a high pressure, must win game for us... We're 5 point behind Arsenal who have a game in hand.

We're also at the halfway stage & approaching the business end of the season. Every game from hereon in is a high pressure, must win game if we want to retain our title.

If Lewis continues to play this well, why would Pep drop him for our most crucial matches after the previous two weeks? The whole squad have proved who & what we currently are, & as it stands Pep is only 100% happy with Alvarez, Aké & Lewis.

Guardiola is "100% happy" based on one game??

Lewis nor Alvarez played the last game, did they? Based on your assessment Alvarez AND Lewis would have played non-stop this season if he thought like you... but he doesn't and that's what you don't seem to get!

Ask yourself why, in previous seasons when Foden has been in "top form", he never played every match? Guardiola, like it or not, has a system of game management not be overturned based a young player playing well over a short period of time.

Lewis, will have to gain the manager's trust over particular types of opponents. Spurs as "high pressure" is different than the teams I mentioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.