Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

You're asking for a miracle there. Stonesy just cant get a run of games going. The intensity of games now makes that even harder.
Yeah i know, its such a big loss for us. Imagine if we'd had a fit Stones and Kev for most of this season, we'd be running away with it. Reality is, we are still in a decent position if we can get them both back for the second half of the season and get through this rocky spell which has been by far our toughest run of fixtures.

Yeah i know, its such a big loss for us. Imagine if we'd had a fit Stones and Kev for most of this season, we'd be running away with it. Reality is, we are still in a decent position if we can get them both back for the second half of the season and get through this rocky spell which has been by far our toughest run of fixtures.
Johnny Stones is getting a lot of praise for the way he "steps" into midfield. I wonder whether we should flip it round and learn from the way he steps back into defence.

Another week of that stadium announcer being a complete embarrassment. How have we just accepted that shite at our ground?

worst of this draw is how many players they missed.

Maddison had a fantastic start as a new signing scoring or assisting every game for them, out injured.
their strongest CB pair Romero-van De Ven both out. Sarr out. some subs like Bentacur, Perisic , Solomon, Sessegnon, Dier etc out. Richarlison just got fit enough to be a 5 minute sub.

they clearly paid for these many missing players after their great start having lost 3 games in a row.

Villa went to their place and came away with a win a week ago.

then they turn up at Etihad and we dont kill them off and let them come back in to on top of that. then top it off with Hooper blunder.

Spurs-WHU their next fixture, have a feeling dinosaur Moyes with a basic tactics will surprise them.

Accommodating Alvarez has cost us, we need the extra midfielder.
Not read through the thread I was to pissed off from yesterday and although no doubt there are other issues the complete lack of 2 supporting midfielders is the main one. Alvarez up top and Bernie all over the place leaves Rodri on his own and let’s be honest as brilliant as he is he’s slower than me.

Finally someone talking sense
Today's dropped points was down to poor finishing in the first half just as much as the defence or the referee.
Watch that first half again. We are downright good. We play our usual game, against a team that are no mugs these days (got to give credit to Spurs, who are playing differently to anything I've seen from them for years). We saw that they were going to play at a high tempo, so we upped our game to an even higher one. Haaland misses a chance that literally anybody on the pitch could have put in, and missed another clear chance that was not quite so easy, but the likes of which he was scoring in his sleep last season. Bar and post from others with the keeper completely beaten. That really could and should have been 4-1, even 5-1 at half-time, and game over. We wouldn't even have been debating anything about the second half.
What I am starting to find tiresome is a lack of discipline in the team, in terms of yellows and reds. And I'll stick my neck out and say the Haaland full time reaction and then the tweet were both pretty stupid, frankly. Yes, we were all angry. Older heads in the team need to have a word with him about that.
And Pep really needs to give the whole team a stern talking-to in the dressing room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.