Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Watch that first half again. We are downright good. We play our usual game, against a team that are no mugs these days (got to give credit to Spurs, who are playing differently to anything I've seen from them for years). We saw that they were going to play at a high tempo, so we upped our game to an even higher one. Haaland misses a chance that literally anybody on the pitch could have put in, and missed another clear chance that was not quite so easy, but the likes of which he was scoring in his sleep last season. Bar and post from others with the keeper completely beaten. That really could and should have been 4-1, even 5-1 at half-time, and game over. We wouldn't even have been debating anything about the second half.
What I am starting to find tiresome is a lack of discipline in the team, in terms of yellows and reds. And I'll stick my neck out and say the Haaland full time reaction and then the tweet were both pretty stupid, frankly. Yes, we were all angry. Older heads in the team need to have a word with him about that.
And Pep really needs to give the whole team a stern talking-to in the dressing room.

yeah the Hooper thing is really taking away from important conversations about the midfield issues and the growing discipline issues.

Accommodating Alvarez has cost us, we need the extra midfielder.
Nothing to do with Alvarez, Pep has been obviously using 4-1-4-1 that becomes 3-2-4-1 when Stones/Akanji moves into MF. Alvarez is obviously among our best players alongside Foden and now Rico to operate in-between the lines. With no Alvarez, that formation doesn't function unless you mean Rico start playing all the games. Playing with one of two Ms is inconclusive so far.
With no Mahrez the right side is pretty dead, with no Kevin there are no those crazy passes Haaland can run onto, so he needs to overload somewhere, otherwise we ll turn into Mourinho Chelsea, and I am not sure he knows or wants to to play like that.

It is Haaland we are actually accommodating and both him and Doku are actually nowhere close to Pep's standards defensively, but nobody is ready to talk about it yet. Riyad for example was looking like Walker compared to those two when tracking back.

I thought we put in a decent shift yesterday, to be honest. We miss Stones and KdB, and there were a couple of defensive mistakes and a huge mistake by the ref that cost us. Still a lot to play for, a busy part of the season, under-strength and approaching a busy period, but still plenty of time for Pep and his mechanics to fine-tune the team, if Stones and Kev get back to full fitness, Gvardiol becomes more consistent and we don’t suffer any more long-time injuries, we are capable of winning all the comps we are still in. Just enjoy it, I was a City fan before the Holy Trinity, and lived through the Peter Swales glory years. It is worth getting things in perspective. Look at Bury, who we lost against to go down to the third tier, not so long ago, I was there.

The discipline has been poor, not just City to be honest , all teams, I mention it some weeks ago.

It's like the players have heard rumours about how the refs and VAR etc is being used. It sounds far fetched I know but all teams have acted worst this season, even managers.

Up until this season I thought it was anti City, now I'm not sure it is. So many clubs have been screwed this season. Something seems a miss.

Manchester City get charged.

Simon Hooper gets a Premier League midweek game to referee.

OK.

This is a victory of sorts, they wanted Haaland to get what van Dijk got a few months back. There was an orchestrated pile on across the whole of the mainstream sports media today, with the sole purpose of pressuring the FA to single Haaland out, the Echo was particularly shocked!

Erling Haaland to be fined and suspended - otherwise Liverpool should ask questions

Erling Haaland must be punished for his behaviour towards Simon Hooper and Liverpool know why

Erling learnt a valuable lesson today, he needs to remember the names of these fuckers.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.