Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

think grealish would know 1 booking and miss villa game
You'd think Rodri would know the same. But I see you're not digging him out. In fact, as per usual (YAAAWWWWNNN), Grealish getting different treatment than other players in criticism here. It's beyond tedious and transparent.

Heaven forbid anyone point out that at least a few of Grealish's yellows were super soft cards from refs people could see were taking the piss out of City (except when it came to Grealish's cards, obviously, which must have been entirely fair, even if City fans would criticise everything else the ref did). *eye roll*

Sickening watching this game back just like Chelsea & Liverpool. All 3 games should have been won comfortably.

Missing big chances is costing us more than midfield & defence tactics

It's not yet a crisis but there are causes for real concern. City have played a number of "top teams" in the recent past and our results have not been encouraging. Admittedly, the only defeat was at the Emirates but we did not win at Chelsea and we have drawn home games with Liverpool and, now, Spurs. We did beat Brighton and United (a top team?). In the games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs we led until late on but conceded very late on. At the Emirates it was in the 86th minute (the 101st in the community shield), at Chelsea it was in the 95th, against Liverpool the 80th and Spurs equalised in the 90th. In the defeat to Wolves their winner came relatively early (in the 66th) and Brighton scored in the 73rd after City had had a two gold lead for an hour. There seem to be two undesirable forces at work: City seem to have done enough to have won the game, relax thinking the job is done and then stop a sucker punch AND/OR we simply cannot defend a reasonably quick counter. At Molyneux both their goals resulted from quick breaks, Spurs capitalised on a counter when we gave the ball away in midfield and even Brighton broke when a City attack broke down and took advantage of out defensive disarray. There does seem to me to be a link between these two failings but we have to get both sorted - and quick. Then even a lousy referee couldn't stop us.

Your first line for me is so glaringly obvious at the moment. Our inability to control a game is hurting us so badly at the moment and teams just play through us easily. Rodri looks a shadow of himself and i put that down to him basically being abandoned in the middle. No suprise yesterday as soon as we brought Rico on in there to help him we gained some control back, but my god we need a fit John Stones back.
You're asking for a miracle there. Stonesy just cant get a run of games going. The intensity of games now makes that even harder.

We have, contrary to popular belief, a small squad.

We are currently missing KDB and John Stones, both of whom are key players.
Everyone on this forum knows we have a small squad.
Pep wants a small squad to work with so a high number of suspensions and injuries affect us more than other teams.
The likes of Doyle, THB, Kabore, McAtee were all allowed out on loan and some of these could have been used as back up.

All teams are allowed the same number of squad players and backed up with younger home grown players.

We try to play a very aggressive game with Alvarez behind Haaland and two wingers, but we get tired in the 2nd half. Thus we got dominated by Liverpool and Spurs for significant periods in the 2nd halves, the energy from the 1st halves wasn't there.

I'm very optimistic, my only worry is about our energy levels and injuries. We may need to adopt a more pragmatic and energy saving approach, especially when the squad depth isn't there.

Wow great minds and all that!! I was just coming on to ask what on earth they were wearing and what colour it was supposed to be!! It was horrendous you are quite correct, in fact I’d go so far as to say it should be banned and the match either awarded to us or declared null and void!! ;-)

I’ve only just watched MOTD2 so only just seen it.
I thought it was brown but the wife says pink

Not sure why he even should be last man. They are a countering team, we are susceptible on the counter, but we persistently have 9-10 players in the final third for set pieces
Bang on. Why the fuck leave one back on set pieces, especially against a team primed for the counter attack? Schoolboy error and Pep needs a bollocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.