Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Well, there is a huge Gundogan shaped hole in our team this year :(

I thought letting Chelsea off the hook was annoying, and Liverpool annoyed me too, but this Spurs game was the latest chapter in our midfield's inability to control games. HT we should have been out of sight, but hey ho we weren't, but to surrender control of the game and reduce it to a slogging match was never going to end well.

Doku is dangerous and Foden was alright. i still think Haaland plays ok even when he misses flipping sitters. For me Akanji is not Ake's level and Kovacic has no definition, Pep needs to hammer him into shape.

The ref's decision at the end was pathetic but there was still tonnes to do, it wasn't like he disallowed a goal, we seem to be getting a bit wrapped up in the ref here when our problems really are mostly with the team.
Your first line for me is so glaringly obvious at the moment. Our inability to control a game is hurting us so badly at the moment and teams just play through us easily. Rodri looks a shadow of himself and i put that down to him basically being abandoned in the middle. No suprise yesterday as soon as we brought Rico on in there to help him we gained some control back, but my god we need a fit John Stones back.

This talk is all well and good, but we have a different group of players this year. Think we're really missing the control and calmness of Gundogan. Its clear rodri cant do it all himself, and when he has a poor game theres no one to bail him out.

We can still do it, but i have reservations over the teams mentality this year compared to last. We need to bring more grit and resilience to the midfield and defence if we're going to have any chance.
We’re going to be in the mix come March onwards. Just like last year the talk of liverpool/arsenal winning the league and city being off it will reignite that spark again. KDB coming back will be like a new signing.

Think we took 12 points from them games last season too didn’t we? 3 from them this season. Think we need to start one of our runs soon.

Yep, won all 4 of them. First 17 games last season we drew two games (away at Newcastle and Villa) and lost away at Liverpool and at home to Brentford. 41/51 picked up before the World Cup break. 14 games in and we've already dropped more points than that. The reason this year doesn't feel as bad is because we're still only 3pts off top, but actually the signs are just as worrying as last season. We've had a tough run, but it's concerning that we were 0-0 late on at Arsenal before losing and were ahead going into the last 10/injury time against Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs and didn't manage to win any of those games.

The balance isn't there. We desperately need Stones back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.