Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

The way I read it is that since it starts with “if a PLAYER... gains possession/control AFTER the ball hitting his arm” it would mean that Laporte would have had to (accidentally) gain possession of the ball himself, not the team, but himself. I don’t know. I don’t think it’s particularly clear, and there are enough grey areas to allow goals for some teams and disallow them for others.

yeah i agree in someway but there was something said about the the fact that there has been a handball in part of the build up to the goal as well - i dont know if this is in the rules anywhere....or it may have been something someone wrote or said.....

Id love to hear the official explanation with the rules beig used to define the explanation.

IMO the law needs to be changed back to how it was, i.e. that if the ball hits your arm and there's **** all you can do about it, it is not handball.

The laws since the beginning of the game 100+ years ago were founded on the principle that you can control the ball with your feet, head, shoulders, arse, whatever... but not your hands.

If you haven't used you hands/arms to control the ball, then I think that should be fine.
I agree. We lost out at Wolves a year ago but I can’t say I was that aggrieved about it. The rule change seems to be a solution in search of a problem

You are a doormat and swallowed the line hook line and sinker

Hahaha...bollocks....Im just apable of seeing all sides and not afraid or brainwashed to see the fact that sometimes we dont get always what we think should happen...like someone else said...i wonder if city fans are becoming a little too entitled....?

you have to accept, you me and all the fans have no control over what goes on on the pitch in terms of ref's decisions and the rules.......mayeb get yourself down to PIGMOL head quarters, set up a tent and camp outside protesting to get a change to the rules eh...then i might respect your comments!

It is the correct decision . It's not a decision recently made up but a law that's been modified in the game to stop unfair advantages . There are a LOT of players out there that can manipulate that handball rule as it was . Accidental handball should result in a dropped ball . The speed of thought of the modern athlete mean they can practice 'accidental' looking handballs in training and take that out onto the field of play . You can't read a players mind so this is a fair rule .

As an amateur footballer when i was younger i would have apologised and said " sorry , that hit my hand" .Ball to hand but it was still the sporting thing to do - if it bounced away and possession went back to the other side then nothing needed to be said .

Perhaps sporting behaviour is being driven out of the game . It feels like having something that is right go against us and not be wrongly given as a goal is harder to accept than actually saying " you know what ? we'd have been mightily pissed off if that had been a winner allowed for spurs" .

Be aggrieved at not getting a penalty but don't be aggrieved at a correct decision .

Mods

Referees should come out after games and explain their decisions, cos if Oliver comes out and says he saw the Rodri/lamela incident and there was not enough in it to warrant a penalty then he shouldn't be a premier league referee, if he says he didn't/couldn't see it then he should have asked for assistance, both ways it was poor refereeing. VAR will kill football as we know it.

Referees now has a get out! He just went to is ear and shook is head like its nowt to do with me The Var men not let me know its a pen!

Hahaha...bollocks....Im just apable of seeing all sides and not afraid or brainwashed to see the fact that sometimes we dont get always what we think should happen...like someone else said...i wonder if city fans are becoming a little too entitled....?

you have to accept, you me and all the fans have no control over what goes on on the pitch in terms of ref's decisions and the rules.......mayeb get yourself down to PIGMOL head quarters, set up a tent and camp outside protesting to get a change to the rules eh...then i might respect your comments!
Too entitled is bollocks,this is literally nothing to do with that,i have a saying,a healthy mind questions everything,no other team has had this crap 2 weeks running so we have the right to complain,the more we complain the more it gets picked up in the media and whoever is using var to screw teams over gets a message,they need to rethink the rules and not just say it's here so suck it up which is what you are saying,when they stop experimenting on us and we see it being applied to every team then the better,they is not a chance in hell off that rugby tackle not being given to salad,mane or rashford,we are the dominant team so lets be anal about the odd mm or it maybe hiting an arm,if you want to roll over and take it then thats your right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.