Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 17 Aug 2019.

1. OB1

OB1

After last season, I'd be happy to walk the league and be able to give greater focus to also winning the UCL. There's no guarantee by the way that we will win anything this year.

I'd also like to see us set more records, including most consecutive English titles: it's fun.

Also, I hate losing but most of us can cope with that: we've had enough practice.

Ultimately, boring non-event after non-event title race is not a good thing but it's up to the rest to catch us and it's not our wealth that is putting us ahead now: it's how well we are managed. Therefore, other teams can challenge; plus, we will lose Pep one day (in two years as it stands) and that will inevitably take something away from us. Also, football goes in cycles so we just have to enjoy it while it's our turn to shine.

2. kinkysdribble

kinkysdribble

I've not seen or heard one single pundit say that the Rodri penalty incident shouldn't have been given, so what was Oliver actually looking at, come out and explain because if he says he didn't see it then VAR is wrong and we know that can't be the case because we are being told it's not VAR but the rules, or just plain incompetence

3. citizen_maine

citizen_maine

You're right, the Raz offside was the first time there was a close call. So there's nothing to compare it to yet.
    Similarly, with the handball incident, there has only been one other comparably incident (Wolves), and the officials gave exactly the same call as they did in our game. Now, if the rags/dippers 'get away' with similar incidents, you'll have a point, but they haven't (yet :-))

4. Yeah that's fair enough. I can only imagine what it's like winning so many trophies - but would expect with each one the celebrations are a little less extreme? The feeling from Aguero's last minute league winner could only be replicated by falling away for decades before coming back and pipping your city rivals - unless they manage to get themselves back in the Champions league elite and you do it to them in a final?

Regarding the wealth not putting you ahead - that's only true when comparing yourselves with other wealthy clubs. You are ahead of United because of management, but there's a good 14-16 other teams in the Premier league who I guess are irrelevant because they don't have that level of wealth to compete.
    Who knows what managers like Pochettino could do with such a highly talented squad. I expect we will find out within a few years when Madrid get bored of Zidane.

5. BlueLook

BlueLook

VAR and corners are Spurs best friends.

6. mick10

mick10

Team supported:
    City
    Put simply and perfectly, misty blue.

7. bellbuzzer

bellbuzzer

WHEN the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
    He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
    But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail.
    For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.
    :)

karen7 likes this.
  8. cookster

cookster

Lineker, Murphy, Shearer and Neville just of the top of my head.

9. domalino

domalino

This has probably been said but I was thinking about Pep's "one of our best games ever" comment and realised that we restricted Spurs, 3rd best team in the country and CL finalists to a 60 yard potshot out of frustration, a header from a 5'7" forward at a corner and a 25 yard shot on the break which should have been saved 99/100 times.

It was an incredible defensive performance let down by a freak goalkeeping error and a miscommunication about marking the least dangerous player at a corner.

And on the other side we created 30 opportunities to shoot.

It must be so frustrating for him.

10. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

As you were.

Thomas Hearns and HarrytheBlue like this.