Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Come on, let's have it clear, it's downright disrespectful to refer to any “lot”, and he fucking knows it. I'm not going to reply to him directly, since he is clearly in bad faith.

But now here's a little detail that many on here, I believe, will not be aware of. @paulchapo above says that he never posts on other fans's forums. I understand and respect that. It's his choice. Most fans don't, I suppose. Like him, I spend too much time on this forum. Probably, I need to get a life.
I've said on a previous post that I very occasionally post on a couple of other forums – Arsenal Mania and Knees Up Mother Brown. Maybe once or twice a year. It's usually when City are playing them, of course, although in the case of KUMB I think I opened the account mainly because I wanted to wish them well in beating United, two or three years back. I'm scrupulously respectful on the rare occasions I've posted, I once stepped over line by making the unwise decision to post on KUMB after we'd just beaten the Hammers heavily. Never a good move. My post came over as patronising, and I got duly flamed by all and sundry for it. On rereading it, I thought, fair enough, I got the wording of that wrong. You live and learn. In any case, wounds are still sore and open when you've just beaten a team, nothing that you can usefully say, probably, on their main forum.

Anyhow, here's the thing. Among other forums, I occasionally look in on Glory Glory, for one reason or another. Not often, I must say. It strikes me as an exceptionally unwelcoming forum for non-Spurs supporters, and it's striking that there are very rarely posts by other teams' supporters. It can get pretty salty on here — including towards blues — but we do at least have other supporters posting, even when they are being provocative (as this one is, but pretending not to know it: “Wot, me guv?”).
I had never even vaguely felt like posting on Glory Glory, but last spring, because I so much wanted the dippers to be beaten (anyone except Liverpool, in my book, and that almost extends to United, yep), I decided to log on and express my heartfelt wish that they beat the dippers. It was quite a fiddly business. It's simpler to open an account on here, it seems to me. One of the rubrics that you have to fill in is which team you support. Fair enough, I've got no problem with that (although correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me that it's not an absolute pre-requisite on BM for your account to be opened).

Now, bear with me… here's the good part. A considerable number of Spurs fans on Glory Glory — not all, but quite a groundswell — affect to refer to us, not by our proper name, but as Emirates Marketing Project! I mean by that, that never do they write, City, Man City, whatever, but always Emirates Marketing Project. It's a vicious, small-minded little habit, and it is of course expressly designed to be offensive.
I might as well refer to THFC as Israel Marketing Project or – why not? – as Occupied Territories Cosmetic Treatment Project. It would be about as pertinent. Indeed, I might go on Glory Glory or The Fighting Cock and post, “Of course, Levy only cares about THFC as a money making exercise. He doesn't care about getting any trophies” as if that were an established fact, known to all. In other words, a bit like (and I quote, with concentrated disgust): “The Champions League is all the Abu Dhabi lot want to be associated with anyway”.

I wouldn't do that, though, because I was brought up to be polite, especially when I'm in someone else's flat or house. Which, figuratively speaking, a club's main supporter forum is.

So o.k, I fill out the form, putting myself as a Manchester City supporter, naturally. I post my message, wishing them all the best against LFC (it was couched in stronger terms than that, but you get the gist) and log off. A couple of hours later, out of vague curiosity, I went back. And stone me if I don't discover that my “Manchester City” has been changed, either by their software, automatically, or by one of their mods, to “Emirates Marketing Project”!! I couldn't believe my eyes. Understand me rightly. It made it look as though I, a lifelong City fan, accepted and embraced their insulting term for us in my own post. And think about this: I repeat, either the software used for their forum or a mod changes our legitimate club name to an insult against us. There is no no other forum in the land that would have such arrogance. No, not even RAWK (although God knows there's a cartload of City-hating ayatollahs on there).
Serves you right, some of you might say. Well, I have not been back. And I will not be back.
Sorry to have been so long about this post, but I needed to give the details, because it does give quite some contrastive context to the ramblings of this Spurs fan on this — our — forum. In the past, I have been puzzled by the hatred some blues on here feel towards Spurs. Yes, I was at Wembley in 81, and it fucking hurt me as much as anyone.

Well, perhaps — just maybe — I'm starting to understand…

Come on, let's have it clear, it's downright disrespectful to refer to any “lot”, and he fucking knows it. I'm not going to reply to him directly, since he is clearly in bad faith.

But now here's a little detail that many on here, I believe, will not be aware of. @paulchapo above says that he never posts on other fans's forums. I understand and respect that. It's his choice. Most fans don't, I suppose. Like him, I spend too much time on this forum. Probably, I need to get a life.
I've said on a previous post that I very occasionally post on a couple of other forums – Arsenal Mania and Knees Up Mother Brown. Maybe once or twice a year. It's usually when City are playing them, of course, although in the case of KUMB I think I opened the account mainly because I wanted to wish them well in beating United, two or three years back. I'm scrupulously respectful on the rare occasions I've posted, I once stepped over line by making the unwise decision to post on KUMB after we'd just beaten the Hammers heavily. Never a good move. My post came over as patronising, and I got duly flamed by all and sundry for it. On rereading it, I thought, fair enough, I got the wording of that wrong. You live and learn. In any case, wounds are still sore and open when you've just beaten a team, nothing that you can usefully say, probably, on their main forum.

Anyhow, here's the thing. Among other forums, I occasionally look in on Glory Glory, for one reason or another. Not often, I must say. It strikes me as an exceptionally unwelcoming forum for non-Spurs supporters, and it's striking that there are very rarely posts by other teams' supporters. It can get pretty salty on here — including towards blues — but we do at least have other supporters posting, even when they are being provocative (as this one is, but pretending not to know it: “Wot, me guv?”).
I had never even vaguely felt like posting on Glory Glory, but last spring, because I so much wanted the dippers to be beaten (anyone except Liverpool, in my book, and that almost extends to United, yep), I decided to log on and express my heartfelt wish that they beat the dippers. It was quite a fiddly business. It's simpler to open an account on here, it seems to me. One of the rubrics that you have to fill in is which team you support. Fair enough, I've got no problem with that (although correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me that it's not an absolute pre-requisite on BM for your account to be opened).

Now, bear with me… here's the good part. A considerable number of Spurs fans on Glory Glory — not all, but quite a groundswell — affect to refer to us, not by our proper name, but as Emirates Marketing Project! I mean by that, that never do they write, City, Man City, whatever, but always Emirates Marketing Project. It's a vicious, small-minded little habit, and it is of course expressly designed to be offensive.
I might as well refer to THFC as Israel Marketing Project or – why not? – as Occupied Territories Cosmetic Treatment Project. It would be about as pertinent. Indeed, I might go on Glory Glory or The Fighting Cock and post, “Of course, Levy only cares about THFC as a money making exercise. He doesn't care about getting any trophies” as if that were an established fact, known to all. In other words, a bit like (and I quote, with concentrated disgust): “The Champions League is all the Abu Dhabi lot want to be associated with anyway”.

I wouldn't do that, though, because I was brought up to be polite, especially when I'm in someone else's flat or house. Which, figuratively speaking, a club's main supporter forum is.

So o.k, I fill out the form, putting myself as a Manchester City supporter, naturally. I post my message, wishing them all the best against LFC (it was couched in stronger terms than that, but you get the gist) and log off. A couple of hours later, out of vague curiosity, I went back. And stone me if I don't discover that my “Manchester City” has been changed, either by their software, automatically, or by one of their mods, to “Emirates Marketing Project”!! I couldn't believe my eyes. Understand me rightly. It made it look as though I, a lifelong City fan, accepted and embraced their insulting term for us in my own post. And think about this: I repeat, either the software used for their forum or a mod changes our legitimate club name to an insult against us. There is no no other forum in the land that would have such arrogance. No, not even RAWK (although God knows there's a cartload of City-hating ayatollahs on there).
Serves you right, some of you might say. Well, I have not been back. And I will not be back.
Sorry to have been so long about this post, but I needed to give the details, because it does give quite some contrastive context to the ramblings of this Spurs fan on this — our — forum. In the past, I have been puzzled by the hatred some blues on here feel towards Spurs. Yes, I was at Wembley in 81, and it fucking hurt me as much as anyone.

What have City got to do with Emirates marketing?

Just asking like?

Not sure why you think it's the same to call Spurs the 'Israel Marketing Project or the Occupied Territories Cosmetic Treatment Project' just because some of their fans call us the Emirates Marketing Project. Our owner is from a country that forms part of the Emirates, the owner of Spurs is ENIC which is owned by British born Joe Lewis. It's bordering on the anti semitic and there is no such place as the occupied territories so that comment is plain stupid

Not sure why you think it's the same to call Spurs the 'Israel Marketing Project or the Occupied Territories Cosmetic Treatment Project' just because some of their fans call us the Emirates Marketing Project. Our owner is from a country that forms part of the Emirates, the owner of Spurs is ENIC which is owned by British born Joe Lewis. It's bordering on the anti semitic and there is no such place as the occupied territories so that comment is plain stupid

Oh, right.
If you say so.
PMSL.

Come back when you win something as little as a tray. Truth be told, Spurs aint winning anything in the forseeable future. Even clubs like Leicester can be proud of winning silverware recently. For Spurs it will always be "nearly" all of the time. You do many nice things but when it counts the most, you chicken out.

I can't think of any team that bottles title/trophy challenges like Spurs and I'm being sincere about that. Which team would finish third in a two-horse race? Your guess is just as good as mine.
They have played three matches in the PL so far.
  • Villa (H) - Losing for much of the game and only two very late goals won it for them
  • City (A) - Got a draw despite being 2nd best and City being denied a late winner beacause of ridiculous VAR decision.
  • Newcastle (H) - Lost to a breakaway goal by the visitors and barely created a chance all game.
So all in all a less than impressive start can not see them in the top 4 this season.

I was born down south and believe you me, Spurs are the biggest wankers you will ever come across.
As a teen travelling alone to games never had a problem with anyone, Millwall, West ham and Chelsea included.
But these fucking tarts don't give a fuck about your age or that you're outnumbered. You ain't Spurs so you deserve a smack.
My post cannot even begin to explain how I hate these fuckers. I've put 99% of them on ignore else I'd be the one getting banned.

Heard it mentioned at the weekend how Delph put Kane out of action for a month.....repeat the lie often enough it becomes the truth. My favourite is Liverpool were well on top before Mane got sent off....despite being 1 nil down, was still being repeated before we played them in January.
The best one I saw was on Rawk, claiming that Eddy headed Manes boot as part of a plan to get him sent off, and, of course, Eddy wasn't really hurt.

Having watched the game 3 times now there’s one other ‘mad’ refereeing call that I’m not sure has been mentioned yet.

There’s one passage of play where Bernardo does some real ‘playground rips’ to completely take liberties with 3 spurs players. Literally rinses the fuck out of them.

One of them the completely clatters him (out of anger by the look of it) almost knocking his head off.

Oliver gives a foul.

To Spurs.

It’s fucking mind blowing.

It’s like the voice in his ear has said ‘fuck these ****s taking the piss, stamp all over it now and give a foul against him’.

It’s even worse than the Rodrigo incident.
And there are folk like @Thomas Hearns blunndering about the forum asking how corruption shows itself in football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.