Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Lucky lucky spurs.

You know in all the noise, this has got lost.

In terms of performance that ranked somewhere in the top 5 for me. Literally from the kick off, we were absolutely fucking brilliant.

Different circumstances but in a way it reminded of a game against the twats at Maine Road when we absolutely fuckin murdered them and Sergie Rebrov bagged with the last kick of the game.

Of all the teams in our recent history these cuñts have had more luck than anyone who has played against us.

Also on that day, Huckerby had a perfectly legit goal ruled out, from a corner if my memory serves me right.

Last edited:
Sports washing,state organised agenda and the Abu Dhabi lot? have some fucking respect,how do you know what our owner wants to win?he has taken us from nothing to the dominant club in the last 10yrs,he has wanted to win everything,i doubt very much he is having a strop because we are winning every domestic trophy and not the CL,as for VAR going to work in our favour lol,don't speak to what is going on with UEFA and us as you know fuck all about it,you are here to troll,haven't you got anything better to do?

Well when you're talking about alleged organised agendas against City, is it not fair to also discuss related counter arguments?

I know your owners want to win everything including the Champions League - but look at this quote from Pep,

"I said before that I know we will be judged at the end on whether we win the Champions League," said Guardiola, who twice conquered Europe as Barcelona coach.
"I know unless we do that it will not be enough."

All I really have to go by are quotes. Being a City fan makes you no closer to Pep or the owners than I am. All you can do is read what's put out in public too unless you are operating with inside information?

I'm curious now though about the penalty given against Danny Rose in the first leg in the Champions League. What is your (City fans) view on that? If like people are suggesting, VAR will only interfere to suit anti City agendas - why was that given? No one seems to discuss or reference it like they do the offside or the Llorente handball in the 2nd leg.
If the 'corrupt men in the VAR room' are making these calls, why would they call the ref over to look at that and give a pen?

Sorry karen7, it's honestly you that is trolling me. Try and keep your personal abuse towards me to a minimum please. I'm here to discuss and learn.

You know the Sheik and his associates well, then, do you? Can't you see how casual throwaway comments like this are bound to wind people up?

Refer to my point above with Peps quote. I don't know them personally, do you?
I'm not trying to wind people up actually, but this is clearly a very touchy subject given the responses. Nevertheless, I don't think it's one beyond discussing sensibly on a Man City forum. If I just talk and listen to fans of the other 19 clubs in the league, they won't be giving sympathetic responses on your behalf really. I'm actually prepared to be educated by people on here who will spend a lot more time than myself looking into these City specific matters.
Maybe give me a response about the subject matter? Or just block me and don't respond if you prefer - it's nothing personal.

You are completely ignorant on several counts

1) City are part owned by Sheikh Mansour. Not Abu Dhabi. (The other 15% is owned by Chinese Media Capital .)

2) City have said repeatedly that the Premier League is the priority. You must have seen that when we played you at the Tottenham Stadium last season when City clearly put out a side, and resorted to conservative tactics clearly reflecting the importance of the Premier League

3) How does Sportswashing work when if anything the UAE has come under much closer scrutiny because of links to City? I've never once seen Manchester City fans carrying UAE flags around with them promoting the UAE. City fans will reject propaganda, but promoting the UAE? Just does not happen. Have you seen any evidence of it whilst you've been on Bluemoon? I doubt it very much.

4) Re UEFA FFP. THe whole thing is a total farce. We all followed every little intricacy back in 2010 or whenever it was. City were set to fail FFP, but excape without a financial sanction, and then UEFA decided to change the assessment criteria for pre-existing players contracts which changed everything and suddenly City were in big trouble, and responded allegedly by Projects to increase self-sponsorship. We're not alone in sponsoring ourselves see King Power, Sports Direct etc. Loads of clubs do it. Are we expected to believe that the only club with financial skeletons are Manchester City? And yet it is always Manchester City who are being investigated. It's clearly highly political, and fairness does not come into it.

I'm bored, but you get the picture.

1) Abu Dhabi Royal family > Mansour > Abu Dhabi United Group > City Football Group > the club sponsors. This isn't news. Who are you trying to fool - yourself? I don't care nor use it as a negative. We have Lewis > Tavistock > ENIC > Levy's, it's just the way it is.

2) Again I refer to Peps quote above. As for the first leg - It's very common in Europen football for the first leg to be quite cagey and conservative. It was the first big night in the new stadium, and I don't think being 1-0 down from the away leg is something you were worried about at the time. I was reading this forum back then, and there was a lot of confidence about going into the 2nd leg. I think both competitions were regarded as important for you to be honest. It's easy to say the Champions League wasn't important after getting knocked out, but I do believe Pep used your incredibly strong squad in a way that should have seen you get through were it not for an inspiring couple of early goals from Son.

3) How does sportswashing work you genuinely ask? You think it's all about City fans waving UAE flags or promoting the country themselves?

“The UAE’s enormous investment in Manchester City is one of football’s most brazen attempts to ‘sportswash’ a country’s deeply tarnished image through the glamour of the game,” said Amnesty International’s Gulf researcher Devin Kenney.

Involvement in Man City allows Abu Dhabi to reputation launder, explains Nick McGeehan, an independent human rights researcher working on the Gulf states. The aim is to create a new image – with Abu Dhabi most associated with one of the world’s best football clubs, not its torture record. “They seem to have been able to turn the association on and off as and when it suits them,” McGeehan observes.

CFG’s worth to Abu Dhabi runs much deeper. “It opens up other commercial investment opportunities,” says McGeehan. “Owning a football clubs allows them to develop close political and economic links with very important people.” It is no coincidence that Abu Dhabi’s investment in Man City, like the Qatari investment in Paris St-Germain, has come as Gulf economies try to diversify away from dwindling oil and gas reserves. Abu Dhabi’s investment has also strengthened ties with China – CMC, a Chinese consortium, bought a 13 per cent stake in CFG in 2015.

For their millions, Abu Dhabi have also got thousands of unpaid cheerleaders. Few UK cities have such a proud tradition of opposing injustice as Manchester, as the 200th anniversary of the Peterloo massacre is a reminder of. Yet Man City fans have spent far more time haranguing UEFA – booing their anthem on Champions League nights for UEFA’s temerity to impose mild sanctions for the club flagrantly contravening Financial Fair Play rules – than attacking the human rights abuses perpetrated by the state in which the owners of their club reside. The forces of tribalism have been manipulated to buttress a regime antithetical to basic standards of human rights.

This is what successful sportswashing looks like. “When sport washing works well, it positively impacts upon peoples’ cognition and behaviour,” says Simon Chadwick from the University of Salford. “We start thinking differently, our attitudes develop favourably, and then we begin behaving more positively towards the alleged sport washer.”

Source (November 2018): https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-city-abu-dhabi-uae-sports-washing/

Expect you will shoot the messenger on this one - but you literally asked and questioned it specifically.

For the record, I don't claim to know nor do I accuse. I'm only looking at evidence available to me and this point has been elaborated by City fans being defensive about it - whereas I was suggesting it's just part of the bigger discussion about corruption within the game.

4) The whole FFP thing does seem aimed at City and yes, lots of clubs do it albeit on a much smaller scale. I don't think any club should be getting special or unfair treatment - including City. But I too am bored of that discussion about FFP which I never even raised. I'm just being courteous - unlike some.

Well when you're talking about alleged organised agendas against City, is it not fair to also discuss related counter arguments?

I know your owners want to win everything including the Champions League - but look at this quote from Pep,

"I said before that I know we will be judged at the end on whether we win the Champions League," said Guardiola, who twice conquered Europe as Barcelona coach.
"I know unless we do that it will not be enough."

All I really have to go by are quotes. Being a City fan makes you no closer to Pep or the owners than I am. All you can do is read what's put out in public too unless you are operating with inside information?

I'm curious now though about the penalty given against Danny Rose in the first leg in the Champions League. What is your (City fans) view on that? If like people are suggesting, VAR will only interfere to suit anti City agendas - why was that given? No one seems to discuss or reference it like they do the offside or the Llorente handball in the 2nd leg.
If the 'corrupt men in the VAR room' are making these calls, why would they call the ref over to look at that and give a pen?

Sorry karen7, it's honestly you that is trolling me. Try and keep your personal abuse towards me to a minimum please. I'm here to discuss and learn.

Refer to my point above with Peps quote. I don't know them personally, do you?
I'm not trying to wind people up actually, but this is clearly a very touchy subject given the responses. Nevertheless, I don't think it's one beyond discussing sensibly on a Man City forum. If I just talk and listen to fans of the other 19 clubs in the league, they won't be giving sympathetic responses on your behalf really. I'm actually prepared to be educated by people on here who will spend a lot more time than myself looking into these City specific matters.
Maybe give me a response about the subject matter? Or just block me and don't respond if you prefer - it's nothing personal.

1) Abu Dhabi Royal family > Mansour > Abu Dhabi United Group > City Football Group > the club sponsors. This isn't news. Who are you trying to fool - yourself? I don't care nor use it as a negative. We have Lewis > Tavistock > ENIC > Levy's, it's just the way it is.

2) Again I refer to Peps quote above. As for the first leg - It's very common in Europen football for the first leg to be quite cagey and conservative. It was the first big night in the new stadium, and I don't think being 1-0 down from the away leg is something you were worried about at the time. I was reading this forum back then, and there was a lot of confidence about going into the 2nd leg. I think both competitions were regarded as important for you to be honest. It's easy to say the Champions League wasn't important after getting knocked out, but I do believe Pep used your incredibly strong squad in a way that should have seen you get through were it not for an inspiring couple of early goals from Son.

3) How does sportswashing work you genuinely ask? You think it's all about City fans waving UAE flags or promoting the country themselves?

Source (November 2018): https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-city-abu-dhabi-uae-sports-washing/

Expect you will shoot the messenger on this one - but you literally asked and questioned it specifically.

For the record, I don't claim to know nor do I accuse. I'm only looking at evidence available to me and this point has been elaborated by City fans being defensive about it - whereas I was suggesting it's just part of the bigger discussion about corruption within the game.

4) The whole FFP thing does seem aimed at City and yes, lots of clubs do it albeit on a much smaller scale. I don't think any club should be getting special or unfair treatment - including City. But I too am bored of that discussion about FFP which I never even raised. I'm just being courteous - unlike some.
Sheikh Mansour is one member of an enormous ruling family. The history of UAE prior to the British was tribal. There was no state. It was tribal, so the dominant family was handed power. Sheikh Mansour is not the Emir of the UAE he is just another Sheikh.

What would happen if A cousin of his bought Newcastle. Would you think the UAE state owned Newcastle?

If one of the minor British royals acquires some company, or property, would you call that state-owned)

As for Peps comment, he says how he will be judged, not how he wants to be judged.

VAR has the opportunity to be a great tool if it’s used correctly, like in rugby and cricket and tennis.

This is what I completely agree with.
As I have posted previously, I think that each team should be given 1-2 VAR reviews to use as they wish each half or something similar.
I believe it keeps power with the referees, would create interesting debate about wasted use or missed opportunities for example, and evens the playing field.
Would also help with preventing these anxious post goal scored moments, but wouldn't deny the crazy unexpected celebrations that can happen from a late successful review like the ones Spurs fans have seen recently.

This is what I completely agree with.
As I have posted previously, I think that each team should be given 1-2 VAR reviews to use as they wish each half or something similar.
I believe it keeps power with the referees, would create interesting debate about wasted use or missed opportunities for example, and evens the playing field.
Would also help with preventing these anxious post goal scored moments, but wouldn't deny the crazy unexpected celebrations that can happen from a late successful review like the ones Spurs fans have seen recently.
It.can work when the technology is quick enough.

You know damn well you'd be absolutely gutted in our shoes, and surely that is the point. It messes with fans emotions to an unacceptable level

@MampiTHFC
I'm trolling you lol,the COC stops me saying what i want to say
You quote pep selectively,he knows we get no credit for what we have done in domestic competition,he was saying we'll get no credit unless we win it as well,,he has been asked several times what is more important and he says the league every time
Agenda against us has fuck all to do with sportswashing but you keep saying it and quoting geehan lol,educate yourself and not repeating the crap you are fed
As for who owns us,i think we know better than you,you are taking the piss telling a blue he is kidding himself
You are not learning you are trolling,i don't give a fuck what you think

Sheikh Mansour is one member of an enormous ruling family. The history of UAE prior to the British was tribal. There was no state. It was tribal, so the dominant family was handed power. Sheikh Mansour is not the Emir of the UAE he is just another Sheikh.

What would happen if A cousin of his bought Newcastle. Would you think the UAE state owned Newcastle?

As for Peps comment, he says how he will be judged, not how he wants to be judged.

Woah - hold your horses.
I never said that City is state owned. Involvement between the UAE and City goes beyond 1 guy though is all I mentioned - looking at groups, funding and sponsorship involved with the club.

Peps comment is ideal because it's how he will be judged, not how he wants to be judged. I don't get your point here? This was in reference to me saying 'the Abu Dhali lot' want you to win the Champions league which was contested/denied - with people telling me it's just domestic honours they want to prioritise. I apologise for using the term 'Abu Dhabi lot' though - I should have said something like 'those with direct links between City and Abu Dhabi' or something similar if that was regarded as offensive. That wasn't my intention.

Woah - hold your horses.
I never said that City is state owned. Involvement between the UAE and City goes beyond 1 guy though is all I mentioned - looking at groups, funding and sponsorship involved with the club.

Peps comment is ideal because it's how he will be judged, not how he wants to be judged. I don't get your point here? This was in reference to me saying 'the Abu Dhali lot' want you to win the Champions league which was contested/denied - with people telling me it's just domestic honours they want to prioritise. I apologise for using the term 'Abu Dhabi lot' though - I should have said something like 'those with direct links between City and Abu Dhabi' or something similar if that was regarded as offensive. That wasn't my intention.
I am on a train at the moment so apologies if not following your argument.

On Pep he has repeatedly said the PL is City's main target and he will not sacrifice it for CL because it will be a lottery in latter stages.

On how he will be judged that is by the media...not City fans. They said he failed at Bayern before he came to City. They are biased.

Woah - hold your horses.

The problem with you saying the 'Abu Dhabi lot' is that nobody knows who you mean. As far as I k ow Shiekh Mansour has never said 'we want to win the Champions League and that is our absolute priority' or anything even approaching those lines. Another member of the 'Abu Dhabi lot' you refer to may have been Khaldoon Al Mubarak, the City chairman/CEO ( it sure what is actual job title is) who again has said nothing about prioritising the Champions League, he's only said that we try to win everything we enter but the league is the priority which is exactly what Pep says whenever he's asked about it too.
Unless you know of any more members of the 'Abu Dhabi lot' connected to City who have said anything otherwise then I hope this has helped your education here in some small way.

I'll give MampTHFC kudos for persistence. I don't go on other fan's forums and it wouldn't interest me, I have no idea why people do.

I probably waste far too much time on here as it is but at least I am passionate and interested in City. I don't care about other club's enough to get into protracted arguments about them they just don't interest me.

Aside from hoping certain club's fail due to their insufferable fan bases and media fawning, unless we are playing them I couldn't give a flying what they are up to. It's a funny old world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.