Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Just in from the game after drowning my sorrows in town afterwards.

Haven’t watched any highlights back but thought the entire back four was piss poor tonight, though not helped by some shite covering of their wingbacks by our forwards.

Mahrez needed bringing on but sterling going off was bizarre, far more effective than Foden was at any point in the game. Felt like a flashback to some of those dodgy home games a couple of seasons back where we spent 90 mins lashing crosses in to nobody.

Onto the next one but scouse right on our arses now. Desperately need some form from Foden imo and a permanent return to the side for Stones.

I’m very confident we will beat the wall pushers at home so no need to panic. Yes, a bad day at the office but I’d rather be in our position than the sewer rats.

Just got in and only just watched the goals back. Back 4 were poor today, not sure what Cancelo was doing for any of the goals. Walker should have been stronger for their last one. After it got to 1-1 I could only see us winning the game but then they created 4 chances in the second half, put 3 of them in the net (one offside) and only a really good save stopped the other one.

Criminal that we got it back to 2-2 then fucked it up at the end. You win some you lose some though. Kane has had his game of the season, Spuds will probably get beat in their next game.

Onwards & upwards!

Never said we are bottling it. I said it might be our turn to bottle it. Always read the question before answering.
I’d say there is a fine line with the interpretation when looking at both our recent history; the reality is both will probably go sub 90pts and I’d say that is hardly ‘bottling it’…. Dippers will undoubtedly feel the momentum is with them, following our phenomenal run and staying in touching distance, however, I’d still rather be sat where we are and in our hands!

I love Dias, Kaporte and Stones but I wish we had a CB with more pace, especially because of the way we play. The only way we seem to get caught out is on the counter. Walker is our only quick player at the back, if he gets caught upfield we are found out by quick forwards.
Agreed pacy centre back needed
So play stones lapirte or stones dias.

Just got in and only just watched the goals back. Back 4 were poor today, not sure what Cancelo was doing for any of the goals. Walker should have been stronger for their last one. After it got to 1-1 I could only see us winning the game but then they created 4 chances in the second half, put 3 of them in the net (one offside) and only a really good save stopped the other one.

Criminal that we got it back to 2-2 then fucked it up at the end. You win some you lose some though. Kane has had his game of the season, Spuds will probably get beat in their next game.

Onwards & upwards!
Defence needs some pace there also we need a engine alongside rodders to keep us tight.

We barely created any chances. We played well in the first half, and for the first ten minutes in the 2nd and then we went to pieces.
But we did create more chances. Finishing them off is a different matter. We were clinical on Tuesday, but not so today.

It doesn't matter how many chances you get if you don't put them away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.