Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

This will be repeated in three weeks time when the scum roll up. We'll play right in to utd's arms and get picked off on the break. We know they're crap but they will have a plan make no mistake about it

We'll win that game comfortably, imo. Quote me in 3 weeks.

Not that I am looking for excuses but we looked tired and off the pace from kick off. Rodri looked especially out of sorts and kept getting caught in possession. our players got back to Liverpool airport after being diverted from Manchester in the early hours of Thursday, they then played again pretty much 48 hours later. Even then we should have won, Spurs we’re highly cynical, aided and abetted by Alty twat who recorded a double over us. But, once the dust settles, it’s still our hands. When we lost at home to Palace we went on an amazing run, wouldn’t be surprised if that happens again.

This will be repeated in three weeks time when the scum roll up.
Does this mean we get a 'bye' in 2 weeks time, when rags are supposed to roll up?
Seriously, though, I thought the same, defending like that would play right into rags and dippers hands, Kyle needs to hang much deeper (and in a rb position!) to provide pace to cover breaks, but also hopefully we used up most of our giving-the-ball-away-for-nowt moments for most of the rest of the season.

This will be repeated in three weeks time when the scum roll up. We'll play right in to utd's arms and get picked off on the break. We know they're crap but they will have a plan make no mistake about it
I dont disagree but if both teams play the same like spurs and rags.
That's say City set up on the edge of our penalty area and rags do the same. Now that would be boring City !.
One day against a team like the spuds or utd I would like City just to knock it around in our half to see what the park the bus teams would do. If they come into our half that leaves space for us. Would the bus team just stay in their half and we stay in ours lol

So we play into their plan but other choice do City have ?

I think everyone has already highlighted the issues in defence.

But one thing I really didn’t get, what was the harm in throwing Delap on for the last 20 minutes?! The amount of times De Bruyne kept standing it up to the back post aimlessly with only Foden in the middle - just made no sense whatsoever.

I think even Laporte ended up up-front for the last 10? when we had a striker on the bench with abit of instinct about him.

The defence was our problem yesterday (obvs). 9 times out of 10 we win that by a couple of goals, but fuck me the kamikaze stuff was back yesterday with a vengeance. Suicidal high lines, half arsed tackling, shocking stuff.

Get Stones back in there, back 4 just looks calmer with him in it.
That back four played like they had just been introduced to each other in the tunnel. Loads of little warning signs from Spurs as well that went unheeded. Their 3rd was criminal from us, schoolboy stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.