Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Reminded me a bit of the Champions League Final. Slow build up ,looked like we were throwing popcorn at a plate glass window then sucker punched.
Just needed Kyle Walker putting in long throws to really complete the vibe! Some of the long balls into the box were infuriating yesterday given the size of their defence and the size of our forward line!

Poor all round key players were not 100% Conte turned them into an Italian team yesterday deep defending going down with fake injuries to break City momentum and waste time, footballing wise we battered them but no end product Conte negated Rodri with Kane doing a great job he was lucky that the recover from his horrendous back injury in the second half. Taylor was good in not falling for their diving but missed all the sly shirt pulls He allowed the time wasting, credit for adding time but it wasn't enough, but allowing it without taking action facilitates the momentum breaking. On 80mins he finally took action when booked Loris but it should have been the defender who was already on a booking IIRC. They targeted our left side and it worked well for them took the chances they created The third goal was really annoying as we are good at game management, should have settled for the point, the ball was with Walker who should have turned and passed it to Eddy but instead he passed the ball to a Spurs player and we didnt get the ball back until Eddy picked it out of the net It really summed up the game

Does this mean we get a 'bye' in 2 weeks time, when rags are supposed to roll up?
Seriously, though, I thought the same, defending like that would play right into rags and dippers hands, Kyle needs to hang much deeper (and in a rb position!) to provide pace to cover breaks, but also hopefully we used up most of our giving-the-ball-away-for-nowt moments for most of the rest of the season.
Ha, two weeks mate. Cheers

I dont disagree but if both teams play the same like spurs and rags.
That's say City set up on the edge of our penalty area and rags do the same. Now that would be boring City !.
One day against a team like the spuds or utd I would like City just to knock it around in our half to see what the park the bus teams would do. If they come into our half that leaves space for us. Would the bus team just stay in their half and we stay in ours lol

So we play into their plan but other choice do City have ?
We don't, but we have to be aware of counter attacks. We never seem to prepare for them, yesterday was obvious that Spurs would use that method but we looked totally clueless how to halt it. Something pep has to work on

They were always very big mate, as a few have been saying for a while.

Everton and United will play exactly the same way.

It's all about perception and Liverpool have the momentum right now.

I can't fathom why some thought games at Palace, Wolves, Leeds and Burnley won't be just as tough in this run-in?

They are real bastard fixtures at the business end.

I have a slight hope Leeds will get a result today and take that into getting something at Liverpool.

Win our next two games and our result yesterday will have clearly focused a few minds.

Agreed. I thought after their first goal our first half performance was largely excellent. We regularly sustained attacks and caused Spurs all manner of problems, finishing was the issue.

Second half we largely went to pieces, defensively we were so passive. I'm worried about Foden, he's so off the boil. Thought it was a mistake taking Sterling off and one of Gundo/Bernardo should have come off.

Still can't understand what Walker was thinking.

Well said, agree with all that. We'd lost that game when they scored after four minutes, I knew we wouldn't come back at that point
I always feel we need to get the first goal and quickly against teams who play with a back 5 and then a 3 sat just in front of them. I don't understand why we haven't worked out how to combat it yet.

Wingers were playing so high. Every ball to feet, with spurs defense able to keep it on front of them. Almost no overlaps or slip passes into the area where 18yd box meets end line. Have to get into those pockets against a low block. Have to pull them down and pass against the grain.

we’ve generally been much better about that this season, but for some reason not yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.