Spurs (H) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sane doesn't start, I can see him handing in a transfer request in the Summer.

Hope Fernandinho starts as our defence is exposed without him.

I see Mahrez is the scapegoat for any potential failure this season.
Unbelievably harsh
Mahrez is not a scapegoat for failure!! It’s a slight coincidence that we are very below par when mahrez plays. A lot of our attack comes down the RW. So he’s always in the spotlight when he plays. Every game he’s played for us, not once have I ever seen him battle for anything! We need players that show passion. He stands out because every other player we have shows passion when needed. He doesn’t. Just falls over and looks at the ref. Hopefully next season he’s better. But it’s quite embarrassing labelling him as our record signing.

If Pep selects Mahrez and he doesn’t deliver a blistering performance in the first half, he should be taken off immediately. He needs to be going balls out at Bernardo’s pace all game, but saunters around doing step overs and being predictable. IMO he is stealing a wage and doesn’t look remotely bothered. Shame we wasted so much money on him. He’s got talent, just not enough for our team. Also he’s got PL experience, so it’s not like he’s come from a European team and in at the deep end.
Would like to see
Eddy, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy (or Zinch)
, Gundog,Ferni KDB, Bernardo,
Razza, Kun

Swap out Gundog for Leroy if we are comfortable and move Berni inside.
We should be looking for vengeance for Wednesdays game.
I don’t believe Eric will make those mistakes again.
I really want to see the desire from the team to put them to the sword without mercy.
Shut the smug cünts Trippier and Rose up and embarrass them.
Totally agree with you, especially the mahrez statement.

A spurs weakness is their full backs when having to switch inside on their weaker foot, both tripper and rose struggled on Wednesday night.

Personally I'd be tempted to bring in sane and stones for David Silva and kompany, but have a feeling mahrez may get the nod and bringing in sane means we don't see that coming inside advantage on one flank at least. Still, trust Leroy to skin anyone.

Pep may even line up with Jesus in place of David, or gundongan pushed further forward and Fernandinho in. Their threat is clearly on the break, mainly son, and llorente's hand of course.

Also zinchenko in for Mendy, if fit, and need to alwstch our discipline.

Must win. Sick of those red scouse arrogant gits, been giving it since December that the league is theirs and then bricking themselves every time someone actually shows them the league table. You'd think they were serial winners with a god given right to success.

Had the 'pleasure' of being dipperside this morning and many seem to think that spurs knocking us out of the champions league means they have won the premier league by default, Cardiff are irrelevant and Rafa will bend over and smile to help out his true love. Let's give them a huge reminder tomorrow that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that they can do to stop us winning it this year. No amount of dives, offside goals or bricks can get them any higher than 97 points, and 97 points or less this year gets you the wooden spoon and candle set.

Feeling confident for once. Lunchtime kick-off, glorious weather (I hope), players with everything to prove and hungry for revenge. Pep focused on the league. De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero- the big game players all fit and raring to go. I have a feeling we'll demolish them like we did Chelsea a few months ago and Liverpool last September.

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Laporte
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Sterling
Aguero
Sané

Go for goals, goals, goals. Their fullbacks are their weakness. Rest Kompany and Mendy for the derby. Keep Walker with one eye on Son.

Starting to feel much more positive about tomorrow, I think if we can start with a high tempo and get an early goal we could cruise. The Spurs full backs are there to be got at, glaring weaknesses in my opinion if Pep sacrifices Mendy and plays Sane (I dont think he wants them playing together) we could get real joy. Keep Son/Erikssen under wraps and they really dont have anything else at the moment. City 4-1
I would love to see them played together at some point. Mendys performances this season vs Liverpool A, Palace A & Spurs H CL have been extremely disciplined & when instructed he holds back on his overlap. Walker & Sterling both right footers on the right worked very well last season & Walker was able to overlap & I think given a chance this partnership could develop.

Mahrez is not a scapegoat for failure!! It’s a slight coincidence that we are very below par when mahrez plays. A lot of our attack comes down the RW. So he’s always in the spotlight when he plays. Every game he’s played for us, not once have I ever seen him battle for anything! We need players that show passion. He stands out because every other player we have shows passion when needed. He doesn’t. Just falls over and looks at the ref. Hopefully next season he’s better. But it’s quite embarrassing labelling him as our record signing.
Don’t shoot me but I believe they when you start Mahrez you are playing with 9 outfield players... he’s one dimensional and was clearly a big fish in a small pond at Leicester

Don’t shoot me but I believe they when you start Mahrez you are playing with 9 outfield players... he’s one dimensional and was clearly a big fish in a small pond at Leicester

He just doesn't fit into our system at all and if he plays our forward play drops by at least 30%. Too slow and predictable, his one trick seems to be cut inside and blaze the ball over. He can deliver some good low whipped in crosses that are hard to defend but he rarely does. Some players are just a mistake for a club and he is ours. Hopefully we can part exchange him close season for an upgrade.

If Pochettino were to take a stray pass to the swingers it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.