Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal seemed to get some success with playing balls into channels/space behind Spurs' defence. Not sure that space would be afforded to us unfortunately.

Watched Arsenal in the 1st half with quick high tempo passes, that was us last few season, now we are too slow & predictable. We need to be tighter at the back especially when we go ahead and see teams off. Not sure it will be a quick fix until players confidence returns and we find a way to supply Haaland with some chances. Rodri has been carrying the team lately with good contributions from Jack, Ake and Rico. The rest seem to be playing it safe.

I'm as bad as anyone when we suffer a poor result, the worlds caving in, we're finished etc etc. We weren't that bad on Saturday especially in the 2nd half when we were pretty comfortable and bossing it, less said the better about the disgrace that followed.
I can even accept defeat against Spurs as long as I see we've given it a right go, no problem with that at all. But what I don't want to see here is another pedestrian start, where we can't pass a ball forwards and our first 15 mins of 80% possession has been in our own half. I will be fuming if that happens and there's only one way the result will be.
Quick tempo, blow the twats away, why can it be so bloody difficult

A-fucking-men, brother. Over to you, Mr Guardiola.

I'm as bad as anyone when we suffer a poor result, the worlds caving in, we're finished etc etc. We weren't that bad on Saturday especially in the 2nd half when we were pretty comfortable and bossing it, less said the better about the disgrace that followed.
I can even accept defeat against Spurs as long as I see we've given it a right go, no problem with that at all. But what I don't want to see here is another pedestrian start, where we can't pass a ball forwards and our first 15 mins of 80% possession has been in our own half. I will be fuming if that happens and there's only one way the result will be.
Quick tempo, blow the twats away, why can it be so bloody difficult
We were in charge but that possession we had wasnt really doing much (the one goal aside) - we created very little of nothing other than that....
You are right about the tempo - we are way to slow in our passing and running/movement.

At this stage of the season 2018/19 we lost away at Newcastle, our 4th defeat of the season, I personally thought the league was over. We won our next league game, Liverpool drew theirs, the rest is history.

Liverpool 19 were a formidable opponent, Arsenal are not, we were the best footballing team ever to grace the premier league, now we struggle to create chances for a world-class striker, our season is in the balance, if we lose more ground to Arsenal our morale will sink further.

Somethings not right, we're not playing bad (bar the first 45mins vs Chelsea) but we're not flowing either. We played well enough to beat Everton and should have beat utd except corruption.

Im eagerly awaiting Peps pre match interview, it should indicate what changes if any he plans to make to the system/personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.