Spurs Post Match Thread

jimharri said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Anyone mentioned the role Kolarov played in the goal yet? He was the one who deflected the ball back to Hart, and then he made an 80 yard run to overlap Silva, which caused the full-back to change his mind and follow Kolarov instead of closing down Silva (bad choice). Silva then had all the time in the world to play that sublime pass to Aguero's perfectly timed run.
That was Zabba, I'm fairly sure. It was highlighted on Sky post game (Thierry Henry, I think).
No it was Kolarov, Henry said that you would think it was Zabaleta because it was on the right side, but it was Kolarov who took the run :)

Probably the first time we've fielded a proper industrious midfield away to decent opposition since Roma, and hey presto it paid dividends again. Sorry to say it, but not having Toure ambling around in the engine room, abrogating responsibility at every opportunity, made a huge difference. Tottenham could probably argue they deserved a draw, but they created nothing through the middle, where the two Ferns were immense, and instead were reliant mostly on our ongoing and unfathomable ineptitude at dealing with corners and whipped inswinging free kicks (2 more again today where we all stood stock still on the edge of our own box vainly hoping for an offside flag that never came, leaving Hart alone to deal with a forward 5 yards out). By contrast I thought we might score again at any point. MotM was a toss up between Mangala and Kolarov, but truthfully the attitude of the whole team was first class. If we'd set up this way on our travels on a regular basis, Chelsea would not be champions.
Important to carry on winning now, to take a feel good factor into the summer

jimharri said:
Uj8c3ep.png

Tottenham head coach Mauricio Pochettino: "Joe Hart was brilliant today. He was the man of the match, and the difference between the teams.

"We had a chance to score from a corner, and there was a good counter attack from City and finish from Aguero. Our mentality is to attack the opposing goals. I think we were a little unlucky.

"Aguero is a brilliant player. The chance that he had, he scored. But we are disappointed."

Great result today. We look more composed in defense without Kompany at the moment. Hopefully after a rest over the summer we'll come back fighting next season.

pudge said:
jimharri said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Anyone mentioned the role Kolarov played in the goal yet? He was the one who deflected the ball back to Hart, and then he made an 80 yard run to overlap Silva, which caused the full-back to change his mind and follow Kolarov instead of closing down Silva (bad choice). Silva then had all the time in the world to play that sublime pass to Aguero's perfectly timed run.
That was Zabba, I'm fairly sure. It was highlighted on Sky post game (Thierry Henry, I think).
You should know by now that Henry talks utter bollocks.
There's worse on there; far worse. It seems to be a pre-requisite to get hired by them. I really should apply!

OB1 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
OB1 said:
Utter bollocks. You should always want the result that is best for City not the one that is worst for the Rags.

I would if it mattered but2nd or 3rd...can you explain how it benefits us one way or another other than a few quid.

Because staying in the top 2 for yet another season is a better achievement than dropping from champions to 3rd place. It is better for team morale and less so therefore for Arsenal's. United could easily lose to Arsenal and still not get caught by a Liverpool side that has to go to Chelsea, who may ease up a bit now but really won't want to drop points to the Scousers.

Absolutely right. I want to carry on winning now and generate some positivity amongst both the players and the fans. Small beer though it may be, I also think it's important that we continue to be seen as a force to reckoned with, rather than one that's on the wane. Full steam ahead for 2nd place!

Defensively we were superb, could've done with getting a second goal even though we looked in control for the majority of the second half but 3 points is 3 points! One more win at home I think and we can safely say we've got a top 3 spot on lock down.

jimharri said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Henry was wrong, it was definitely Kolorov.

1961_vintage said:
jimharri said:

Tottenham head coach Mauricio Pochettino: "Joe Hart was brilliant today. He was the man of the match, and the difference between the teams.

"We had a chance to score from a corner, and there was a good counter attack from City and finish from Aguero. Our mentality is to attack the opposing goals. I think we were a little unlucky.

"Aguero is a brilliant player. The chance that he had, he scored. But we are disappointed."
Am I thick or does that headline not match what was said? Great impartial reporting by the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.