Spurs Post Match Thread

A fantastic 'team' performance - every player giving their best,it was great to watch and one of my favourite performances this season.

I don't know what game some of you were watching but Manchester City FC were anything but superb today. The team just basically did what it has been doing all season; doing enough to get by against less than average opposition and holding on for the win. Alot of the players need to be shown the door asap and replaced with players that can play with a bit of sense (and urgency). I also get the feeling Mr. Pellegrini doesn't get it at this level either, it just seems like the only things he cares about are formation and attacking, he has even sacrificed the once formidable defense this team was known for.

To become a European elite you have to change the way the team plays, everytime I watch City these days it feels like something is off, almost like you have all the ingredients of a top team but for some reason aren't making it happen, I never could quite put my finger on it but now I think it has dawned on me. I came to the conclusion that City lacks two things: 1) the ability to retain possession and 2) the ability to press correctly. To rule Europe you have to know how to keep the ball and move it well, have quick interplay, penetrating runs, etc but everytime I see a City player with the ball he either holds the ball far too long and takes unnecessary touches or he tries a sexy hollywood pass to a teammate that's 25 yards away, but watch a Barcelona, Chelsea, or Bayern and see how quickly they move the ball around with short passes and not giving the opposing team time to regroup, when they do lose possession it doesn't take long for them to get it back because they press, which brings me to my next point.

The players you have leak the ball like a sieve and I don't understand why so many expensively priced players can't win a ball back from the opposition, there were times today I would see some of your players practically give up balls that were easily chase-able and would scream and ask myself "Why did he let that go?" "Why not press?" I don't know whether pressing is not emphasized with Pellegrini or whether the players are just lazy but without it you can never be a top tier team. I can now understand why the people at the top want to go for Pep (if the stories are true), he's not just a manager but a coach that will bring this style of play into the team at the same time stamping his authority.

Ducado said:
i8rags said:
Reeeesult, but be under no allusion if spuds had took their chances this board would be in meltdown, having said that great battling and team work, loved the team celebrating at the end, champions of Manchester

That's a bit nonsensical when you think about it, they did not score

Anyway like Hart said in his post match interview we did what has been done to us all season
Eh, I never said they did score, but the facts are in the first ten mins we could of been two down, it would of been a completely different game and result. But as I said, they didn't and it was a reeesult we deserved, the only nonsensical thing about any of the above was your reply. You even qoute hart saying as much. Bizzare.

Great performance today, battled for every ball, should've been a penalty for Aguero (cue Clattenberg and his "coming together" special footballer sign language!) regardless, fantastic finish for the goal.
Kolarov had a good game, and the 2 Ferns closed down The opponents in the middle, Milner ran his socks off again, Mangala looked pretty solid, let the opposition know he was there a couple of times too, and Hart was commanding for the most part. A good defensive display, looked far better than last week, all that was missing was that elusive 2nd goal, still, 3 wins on the bounce, and a renewed vigour through the team
Shame about Nasri....

Sir Knives said:
I don't know what game some of you were watching but Manchester City FC were anything but superb today. The team just basically did what it has been doing all season; doing enough to get by against less than average opposition and holding on for the win. Alot of the players need to be shown the door asap and replaced with players that can play with a bit of sense (and urgency). I also get the feeling Mr. Pellegrini doesn't get it at this level either, it just seems like the only things he cares about are formation and attacking, he has even sacrificed the once formidable defense this team was known for.

To become a European elite you have to change the way the team plays, everytime I watch City these days it feels like something is off, almost like you have all the ingredients of a top team but for some reason aren't making it happen, I never could quite put my finger on it but now I think it has dawned on me. I came to the conclusion that City lacks two things: 1) the ability to retain possession and 2) the ability to press correctly. To rule Europe you have to know how to keep the ball and move it well, have quick interplay, penetrating runs, etc but everytime I see a City player with the ball he either holds the ball far too long and takes unnecessary touches or he tries a sexy hollywood pass to a teammate that's 25 yards away, but watch a Barcelona, Chelsea, or Bayern and see how quickly they move the ball around with short passes and not giving the opposing team time to regroup, when they do lose possession it doesn't take long for them to get it back because they press, which brings me to my next point.

The players you have leak the ball like a sieve and I don't understand why so many expensively priced players can't win a ball back from the opposition, there were times today I would see some of your players practically give up balls that were easily chase-able and would scream and ask myself "Why did he let that go?" "Why not press?" I don't know whether pressing is not emphasized with Pellegrini or whether the players are just lazy but without it you can never be a top tier team. I can now understand why the people at the top want to go for Pep (if the stories are true), he's not just a manager but a coach that will bring this style of play into the team at the same time stamping his authority.
You were doing ok till you mentioned Chelsea have a style similar to Barca and Bayern, then I realised you were really just another dickhead, oh well

i8rags said:
Ducado said:
i8rags said:
Reeeesult, but be under no allusion if spuds had took their chances this board would be in meltdown, having said that great battling and team work, loved the team celebrating at the end, champions of Manchester

Anyway like Hart said in his post match interview we did what has been done to us all season
Eh, I never said they did score, but the facts are in the first ten mins we could of been two down, it would of been a completely different game and result. But as I said, they didn't and it was a reeesult we deserved, the only nonsensical thing about any of the above was your reply. You even qoute hart saying as much. Bizzare.
How can some thing that didn't happen be described as a fact?
How bizarre!

squirtyflower said:
i8rags said:
Ducado said:

How bizarre!

It's like living in a parallel universe on here sometimes

squirtyflower said:
i8rags said:
Ducado said:

How bizarre!
It's a fact we could of been two down. Simples unless your an idiot.

pudge said:
Is Negredo still outscoring Soldado in English football?

How Sergio isn't in the team of the year is beyond ridiculous.

Madness. And is it also true that Silva has never been in a top prem players XI? Could be wrong.
Certainly wasn't last year, and that was even further beyond beyond ridiculous. Like 2 miles away over the hill ridiculous.
Agenda anyone?

i8rags said:
squirtyflower said:
i8rags said:
How bizarre!
It's a fact we could of been two down. Simples unless your an idiot.

Is that the same as saying "could have"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.