Spurs post match

What an exhilarating but strange game that was.
Could have scored at least 8 goals and yet could easily have conceded 4.
On the plus side we looked good going forward but on the negative side we again looked so vulnerable on the break.
Poor game for Fernando and to a lesser degree Dinho, Kompany and Silva.
Navas was good first half but fell away in the second especially with his crosses on the break.
Kun was brilliant although being hypercritical should have overtaken Costa as PL top scorer.
Well done boys and hopefully we can go on a long winning run.

Rammy Blue said:
citykev28 said:
I'm absolutely gutted that the chance to create history with a double hat-trick was there for the taking and Sergio spurned it. Ruud van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Andy Cole, Tore Andre Flo, Hernan Crespo and Carlos Tevez simply wouldn't have passed up the opportunity.

I like Aguero but the coaching staff should have him in for a couple of hours each week to work on his finishing.

Fucking hell Kev, it's a huge fishathon. ;-)

Indeed, he caught a few as well

moomba said:
Aguero, Hart, excellent.

Milner, Navas, very good.

Clichy good.

Rest average

Fernando poor.

Not the best, but not going to complain about 4-1

Changed it to reflect how I interpreted it. Fernando needs a run of domestic games to get properly used to the tempo.

bulldogblue said:
What an exhilarating but strange game that was.
Could have scored at least 8 goals and yet could easily have conceded 4.
On the plus side we looked good going forward but on the negative side we again looked so vulnerable on the break.
Poor game for Fernando and to a lesser degree Dinho, Kompany and Silva.
Navas was good first half but fell away in the second especially with his crosses on the break.
Kun was brilliant although being hypercritical should have overtaken Costa as PL top scorer.
Well done boys and hopefully we can go on a long winning run.

Spurs had 19 attempts today which is at least 9 too many for me. It was just a good job our attack was on form and Aguero unplayable. They were very unlucky not to get back to 2-2 and to be fair at that point it would have been deserved.

Magnificent spectacle of attacking football

And some spectacular individual contributions

Even though we smashed spurs 4-1, our defending is a worry. The amount of times Fernando, Demichelis and Sanga gave away the ball is shocking. We lack communication, no one yells 'man on'. Even when clearing the ball, 3 players would be going for the ball at the same time. We can't have that in big games especially Champions league.

However, an outstanding performance by Milner(as usual), Navas, Aguero and Hart. Milner by far is the most underrated player in the league. He might not score but his defending is as good as his attacking. He was everywhere on the pitch, shame he didn't score that shot that hit the post.

Also credit goes to Manuel for right team selection and subs. Starting Navas was an excellent idea who had Rose on lock down. Starting Aguero alone and silva behind him was also good and hope to see more of it.

PS: Lampard and/or Toure are a must have in Midfield. Toure came on and controlled the midfield which shows fernandhino can never replace either.

PPS: welcome back JOVETIC :)

CTID all the way from the land down under

Navas, Milner quality, joe best game for a while, silva off the boil but not shit, Sergio magnificent. Fernado and ferdy together not good.

Ducado said:
Rammy Blue said:
citykev28 said:
I'm absolutely gutted that the chance to create history with a double hat-trick was there for the taking and Sergio spurned it. Ruud van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Andy Cole, Tore Andre Flo, Hernan Crespo and Carlos Tevez simply wouldn't have passed up the opportunity.

I like Aguero but the coaching staff should have him in for a couple of hours each week to work on his finishing.

Fucking hell Kev, it's a huge fishathon. ;-)

Indeed, he caught a few as well

Damn it! I knew the Tore Andre Flo comment would be my undoing.

Just back from the game slightly pissed.
Verdict - should have won it, did win it, tried our best to blow it.
Collectively Defensively we were poor and Fernando and De Mic had mares. Need to sort that out Uncle P.
Aguero's first goal sensational.
Their pen was outside the area, having said that our first pen was marginal.
Navas can be a luxury and strangely when they went down to ten he became less effective.
Off day for Spanish Dave.
Joe is my hero!

oakiecokie said:
Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:
Milner, Aguero, Hart, Navas, Clichy excellent.

Fernando, Demi, Silva poor.

Rest ok.

Not the best, but not going to complain about 4-1

Didn't see anything excellent from Clichy to be honest. Was it his defending or attacking that impressed you, because I thought he was dank.

Him and Sagna are about 0.01% as good as Kolarov and Zabba imho.

Sorry but I was there and people around were also singing the praises of Clichy,who had a good game and certainly was one of the top three players for City today,His interceptions and passes were top notch and you are doing him a dis-service by stating he only has a 0.01% rating against Kolarov.He is a far better defender than him and I admit that his crossing isn`t the best,neither was Navas today who really was piss poor.

Are you real? I thought Navas had a great game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.