Spurs post match

I don't think enough people are factoring in the international break and the stop start early season we have had a very tough start as well, given all that I can forgive the sloppy play and the occasional poor passing

Can I just say that the WIFI was poor today

Some cracking performances today from Milner, Aguero and Jesus. But the heart beat of this City team is YAYA TOURE!

Not seen us that sloppy so many times in a game for ages. Fernando had a woeful first half and Silva looked off colour all game. Vinnie shaky and lacking composure. Maybe we are so used to City playing so well that when they slip it seems a massive drop off.

Good thing then that we had 3 players who really stepped up today: Aguero, Milner and Hart. Aguero got the match ball but Milner was incredible all game, skill, energy, aggression and desire. Hart's penalty save was a probable turning point in the game.

Thought Sagna was solid today. Navas buzzed about all game. Both worth a 7.

citykev28 said:
I'm absolutely gutted that the chance to create history with a double hat-trick was there for the taking and Sergio spurned it. Ruud van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Andy Cole, Tore Andre Flo, Hernan Crespo and Carlos Tevez simply wouldn't have passed up the opportunity.

I like Aguero but the coaching staff should have him in for a couple of hours each week to work on his finishing.

Haha, I've just read that and Herman Munster popped in to my mind ;)

citykev28 said:
I'm absolutely gutted that the chance to create history with a double hat-trick was there for the taking and Sergio spurned it. Ruud van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Andy Cole, Tore Andre Flo, Hernan Crespo and Carlos Tevez simply wouldn't have passed up the opportunity.

I like Aguero but the coaching staff should have him in for a couple of hours each week to work on his finishing.
Wonderful place the internet for allowing people to make complete fools of themselves

Just back and during the journey I have been racking my brains trying to think of a more frustrating player EVER than Jesus Navas?

I'm not saying he's a bad player, in fact he is 85% brilliant but it's that 15% he fails to deliver that sends me bonkers.

He slows down when clear to let defenders recover.
He won't shoot when he should.
He seems unhappy to takes defenders on and his final pass selection is infuriating.

I like him, however if we had Hazard today rather than Navas we would have got double figures.

On the whole though with the exception of Hart, Milner and Aguero our performance was severely disjointed. In all honesty it could have been any score from a 5-2 defeat to a 12-1 win!

The really scary thing is the team haven't even got out of second gear all season so far and we just put 4 past a Spuds team that was doing well so far this season. I can't wait until everything clicks and we just steamroll teams.

RandomJ said:
The really scary thing is the team haven't even got out of second gear all season so far and we just put 4 past a Spuds team that was doing well so far this season. I can't wait until everything clicks and we just steamroll teams.

There are only two teams in this title race.

Won't be easy getting past a solid looking Chelsea but we will be right up there with them. No other team comes close from what I have seen so far. How pissed off would you be as an arsenal fan. 2 wins in 8 games. Absolute crap form from them. Worse than the rags.

citykev28 said:

Fair play, you've bagged more than I expected with some of your comments.

First of all a great and very important win today and would just like to mention a few points here
1# when a team is filled with international stars a lethargic start after the break is very much expected
2#Toure is often flabbergasted for being lazy,slow in midfield but his absence showed today how vital his presence is in our midfield even from the defensive point of view
3#it would be early to pass a judgment on dino and nando pairing but should be something we need to work on
4#Zabaletta has set the standard of our rb position very high and that's why he's worldclass and it won't be fair to expect sagna to do the same who had a pretty decent game I think,and he is a squad player whose job is to support zabba and not be as good as him
5#Joe Hart is top class keeper and hopefully will be our number one for a long long time
6#Aguero is Aguero,simply world class,but would like to see him have enough rest especially when the game is done and dusted,he was in top form last year but was overplayed on occasions when it was not needed and got injured,with jovetic fragile injury record and being one striker less this season we should be more careful
7# Milner is improving every game or so it seems the confidence in his game is visable and its great for us as nasri will have to push an extra level to replace him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.