Spurs post match

MaineRoadBlue said:
Just back and during the journey I have been racking my brains trying to think of a more frustrating player EVER than Jesus Navas?

I'm not saying he's a bad player, in fact he is 85% brilliant but it's that 15% he fails to deliver that sends me bonkers.

He slows down when clear to let defenders recover.
He won't shoot when he should.
He seems unhappy to takes defenders on and his final pass selection is infuriating.

I like him, however if we had Hazard today rather than Navas we would have got double figures.

On the whole though with the exception of Hart, Milner and Aguero our performance was severely disjointed. In all honesty it could have been any score from a 5-2 defeat to a 12-1 win!

Agreed Navas as improved this year but he should leave his defender for dead and get the pass in sooner

Pleased where we are considering we have played Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs already.

Good game today thought Spurs contributed with decent play and for me Lloris is the best GK in the prem.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sagna simply isn't up to our level, and I'm not sure he is young enough to get there.

Kompany was literally forced to play right back throughout the game, such was Sagna's inability to get up and down and provide the overlap with Navas.

Navas had plenty of touches but again was busy but lacking. Good tracking back but offers far too little offensively due to poor decision making and not using his pace in a direct manner.

Been a big fan of Demichelis ever since he arrived and always backed him when there was the witch hunt of last season - he was not good today.

Fernando was well off it to be expected, although Fernandino again was everywhere.

Silva's worst game in a City shirt for me, poor passing, decision making, but has set the highest standards for himself.

A privilege to watch Sergio. Milner and Hart were also excellent.

Also thought Clichy had a decent game and I like it when he is aggressive and willing to get there first and go on the attack.

Plenty more to come from us!

You watched a different game to me mate. Sagna had a decent game today and was our best defender by a mile. Also disagree on the fernandinho front. Another who I thought was average at best until Yaya came on and he then started to show us his better form.

Game of opinions though but the sagna bashing is wrong.

Would of liked one of our youth players filling in at right back instead of getting Sagna! I don't get why we never just throw one of our youth players in the side especially when we have 10 other players on the pitch to encourage him, also it gives the crowd a buzz seeing a youngster start a game..

blue ranger said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sagna simply isn't up to our level, and I'm not sure he is young enough to get there.

Kompany was literally forced to play right back throughout the game, such was Sagna's inability to get up and down and provide the overlap with Navas.

Navas had plenty of touches but again was busy but lacking. Good tracking back but offers far too little offensively due to poor decision making and not using his pace in a direct manner.

Been a big fan of Demichelis ever since he arrived and always backed him when there was the witch hunt of last season - he was not good today.

Fernando was well off it to be expected, although Fernandino again was everywhere.

Silva's worst game in a City shirt for me, poor passing, decision making, but has set the highest standards for himself.

Also thought Clichy had a decent game and I like it when he is aggressive and willing to get there first and go on the attack.

You watched a different game to me mate. Sagna had a decent game today and was our best defender by a mile. Also disagree on the fernandinho front. Another who I thought was average at best until Yaya came on and he then started to show us his better form.

Wasn't looking forward to Sagna at RB today but he played well IMO

Thought MDM was very slow and complacent with giving Penalty away but the back 4 didn't seem to gel today probably down to tiredness from midweek internationals

It was weird game today. At times, especially first half, we looked woeful at the back. I thought Hart was excellent today, could easily have been MOTM for me. Joe made some crucial saves today when we could have let them back in the game. Milner was superb & Aguero was off the scale, his two finishes from open play were ridiculous.

I thought Lampard was playing well until he went off, hopefully he is not seriously injured.

I thought we deserved the win & I'm pleased with the 3 points. The game was quite entertaining but I hope we tighten up defensively. I though when Yaya came on we looked more steady, but we had pretty much put the game to bed by then as we scored just as he was about to come on.

The goat at half time was a bit surreal also.

How many goals have we scored against Spuds in the last 2.25 seasons?

The thing with Clichy is that he gets forward and into space but has zero delivery skills. He can't cross it low and hard and he can't cross it high. He can't shoot either.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
blue ranger said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Wasn't looking forward to Sagna at RB today but he played well IMO

Thought MDM was very slow and complacent with giving Penalty away but the back 4 didn't seem to gel today probably down to tiredness from midweek internationals

Totally agree - its disrespectful to say sagna isn't good enough. We are very fortunate at city to have one of the best RB's in the world in zabba. But Sagna is decent back up and with the exception of Chelsea (Ivanovic) I would say he is better than any other teams RB in the league. Anyone care to differ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.