Spurs post match

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Just back and during the journey I have been racking my brains trying to think of a more frustrating player EVER than Jesus Navas?

I'm not saying he's a bad player, in fact he is 85% brilliant but it's that 15% he fails to deliver that sends me bonkers.

He slows down when clear to let defenders recover.
He won't shoot when he should.
He seems unhappy to takes defenders on and his final pass selection is infuriating.

I like him, however if we had Hazard today rather than Navas we would have got double figures.

On the whole though with the exception of Hart, Milner and Aguero our performance was severely disjointed. In all honesty it could have been any score from a 5-2 defeat to a 12-1 win!

Agreed Navas as improved this year but he should leave his defender for dead and get the pass in sooner

Pleased where we are considering we have played Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs already.

Good game today thought Spurs contributed with decent play and for me Lloris is the best GK in the prem.

Navas needs to go on a decision making course. He just seems to dither.

Navas was doing the right thing he was getting his head up looking for the right option, but Spurs were packing the area and it was very hard to find a target, his pass to Aguero looked like it would of been scored from but he gets no credit for that as it was a foul and red card

ManCityX said:
The thing with Clichy is that he gets forward and into space but has zero delivery skills. He can't cross it low and hard and he can't cross it high. He can't shoot either.
This. Quite good defensively, good at getting forwards to overlap, but cannot actually see the point of it other than as a decoy for Milner, as when he does get the ball he slows it down due to his complete lack of ability or confidence to deliver a simple pulled back low cross that isn't near the keeper.

On Milner, the guy is in fire right now - you can see it in t eh way way he is taking people on and beating them with a bit of dribbling skill. Even before that he was creating chances due to his positional awareness, but now he seems to have gone up a gear. This willingness is the sort of thing that while it doesn't come off every time does cause openings and movement among the back line, meaning opportunities for others.

Fernando was doing a good Javi Garcia impression today - though I think pointing this out will resolve the problem for future games.

We need to get a little more direct on the break. Kun's last goal showed what happens when we do, but the others need to have a few shots at goal when the opportunity presents itself. Even if blocked, it will create all manner of rebounds for everyone else, and some will go in.

They seem to think Kun is the only one who should be trusted with shooting, but he doesn't need extra help on that front anyway, so let's share the responsibility for creating panic and watch the oppo go to pieces.

navas played well today but he seems to go back with the ball to turn 99per cent of the time in affect he he does a square route every time he gets the ball.however on a plus side he rarely looses possesion as he uses his pace to get him out of trouble.

Sagna will never be a Zabba but I fail to see what negativity many have with this guy.To be intend on him becoming the new whipping boy at this stage is unfair to say the least . Zabba needed competition which Richards wasn't up to, and the tendency was to overplay the Argentinian which will eventually show in his performances at the age he is now IMHO Sagna will turn out to a shrewd move to give Zabs the rest while not weakening us in his position I worry more with Clichy whos decision making has started to let him down and Kolorov seems to offer us more especially going forward ,Finally I hope Dzeko doesn't go on a sulk after not being selected against his favourite team

aguerooooo said:
Sagna will never be a Zabba but I fail to see what negativity many have with this guy.To be intend on him becoming the new whipping boy at this stage is unfair to say the least . Zabba needed competition which Richards wasn't up to, and the tendency was to overplay the Argentinian which will eventually show in his performances at the age he is now IMHO Sagna will turn out to a shrewd move to give Zabs the rest while not weakening us in his position I worry more with Clichy whos decision making has started to let him down and Kolorov seems to offer us more especially going forward ,Finally I hope Dzeko doesn't go on a sulk after not being selected against his favourite team

THIS ^^^^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.