Spurs post match

blackley27 said:
Who are the half time guys? That Feed the Goat thing was hilarious!! A bit near the knuckle, but, very funny

Half time entertainment was Funny with Mike Mcclean, the goat and him putting them off them taking pens, then that older chubby guy smashes one in that was piss funny with the pile on....

Ric said:
Wouldn't say we're weak at full back though; with Zabaleta, Sagna, Kolarov and Clichy I think we're stronger in that position than any other team in the league.
You're right we're not weak at fullback, but I think its still our weakest position, especially if Sagna and Clichy both play at the same time. I'd rotate one, but not both personally, and I wouldn't rotate a centre back at the same time as well, its no surprise that 3 changes in a back 4 made us look poor at the back for much of the game, especially when there were changes in the cover in front of the back 4.

We won 4-1, so I'm not overly fussed, but it could easily have been a very different result.

Sagna first job is defending and he did it very well today for me.

Some very timely covers and interceptions.

All about individual perceptions

ManCityX said:
The thing with Clichy is that he gets forward and into space but has zero delivery skills. He can't cross it low and hard and he can't cross it high. He can't shoot either.

Agree, and his poor headed clearance forced Demichelis non penalty; quite similar to Vinnie's mistake when the candlefucks won to title, it came from poor Clichy defending.

Also there is an urgent need to clone Pablo Zabaleta, the bar is set too high for Sagna.

cleavers said:
Great result, Aguero, Hart, and Milner were superb, others not so great for me, very strange game though, we could have scored 10, Spurs maybe 5 or 6, some of our defending today was amateurish. I love our "we'll score more than you" attitude, but better teams than Spurs would have exploited it, and while good going forwards Spurs are pretty poor in midfield, and frankly w@nk in defence.

I don't want to be kidded by that result that we were better than we were, some of out football was very good, but we wasted a lot of it with poor decisions, and poor passing.

For me we made too many changes (again), I understand the need for rotation, and we have a key game midweek, but three changes in defence is too many, especially when we make (effectively) 3 in midfield too.

Ultimately it worked, so I won't criticise MP, but despite Aguero's goals and performance, Joe Hart was our key player (2 key saves at a very crucial moments), added to some idiocy from the Spurs defender, we still might not have won that game. James Milner too, put in so much energy, and effort, that he was dead on his feet by the end, yet we will need him midweek, and he can't keep performing at this tempo, no footballer can.

This might seem a negative post, its not meant to be, as I'm very proud of a lot about the way we played today, but it wasn't perfect, and we can be better than that (hopefully in the next home league game).

My ratings....

Hart - 9
Clichy - 6
Sanga - 6
Kompany - 7
Demechellis - 6
Navas - 6
Fernando - 5
Lampard - 6
Milner - 8
Silvas twin - 6
Aguero - 9.5

Fernandhino - 7
Jovetic - 5
Toure - 6

That's a very shrewd assessment but the phrase " a better side than Spurs" ?

Spurs are hoping for a Champions League spot, I don't think they will get it but they will come very close come May. Therefore, their aren't many better sides in the Premiership than Spurs and we won easily with a shoddy defensive performance, players missing and being very wasteful in front of goal.

Another point; how weird is this split opinion on Sagna - half seem to think he played very well and the other half think he was gash.

I sat on the edge of my seat for the entire game. It was a thrilling game where either team could have scored on multiple occasions. Credit to Spuds for coming to play. I don't think we will see that very often this season, and it had shades of the 6-3 game against Arsenal last season.

Kun was on fire and that made a huge difference. Jimmy and Joe played exceptionally and I thought 'Dinho made a huge difference when he came on.

Onwards now to the silent stadium in Russia. That is going to be very strange. And then West Ham away. They are a different team this season and will take some beating at home.

Strange game, overall we wasn't at our best yet we could of been celebrating a southampton kind of win on another day. Have to say it was a fantastic game of end to end eventful football. Not seen one like that for a while since most teams just play with 10 men behind the ball and we've been lacking tempo. Was very pleased to hear before kick off we were playing 4-5-1 and not 4-4-2. I realise we have some outstanding strikers but the sooner Pelegrini settles on a 4-5-1 regular formation the better. It provides our midfield with the ability to move and interchange fluidly which we often sorely lack in a more rigid 4-4-2. Silva had a poor game today granted, but he'll flourish even more playing behind the striker (needs to learn when to shoot mind as he'll be expecting to chip in with a few more goals, that return pass he tried with aguero from about 10 yards out early on at 0-0 drove me mental) and we'll be a lot more solid on that weak left hand side that opposition teams are targeting with somebody like Milner positioned there.

Interesting to see so much praise for navas, I thought he was piss poor today, I thought his inability to drive with the ball and take on a man and unusually poor decision making was going to cost us when they got the penalty. Navas is quite lucky in that he's a unique player within our squad. The only real out and out winger with any real pace. If we had an alternative to him, i think he would of been brought off very early on in the second half.

Also thought Sagna was good today despite some comments. He's not Zabba and we should probably get our heads around that sooner rather than later. He doesn't offer you what Zab does going forward, he will however always be there in support, his main attribute going forward is his ability to whip a decent ball in but that's almost redundant in our team of midgets unless Dzeko plays. Today he was very solid doing what he does best, defending. Made some crucial interceptions early on and reads the game very well.

Bluekiwi said:
MeatHunterrr said:
citykev28 said:
Aguero simply cannot continue to miss easy chances like his penalty and the rebound today. It'll haunt us if he does.
no matter how good you are, players some times miss easy chances. Even Messi has missed couple of pens in short period of time.
The penalty miss was down to arrogance but boy did it give him a wake-up call. Absolutely delighted that he will be with us for years to come.
Dont think was arrogance but nerves as he was on hat trick...but glad he got 4:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.