Spurs post match

Great result especially with players being rested after international duty. Thought we looked brilliant going forward at times but pretty shambolic at the back. DeMichelis looked back to his irresponsible worst yesterday, repeatedly unnecessarily diving in high up the pitch and leaving us exposed, I thought he'd left that shit behind, hopefully just a blip for him. Fernando a bit up and down, did some good stuff but gave up possession a few times in bad areas which led to problems. I thought Hart, Aguero and Milner were all fantastic.

Very entertaining game of football that. Even the candlefuckraggish Norwegian pundits had to fish out some superlatives. Over all a good team effort but our defence has been dodgy all of this season I think. No matter who plays. But not having Yaya carelessly loosing the ball in midfield half a dozen times helps. Well, Fernando stepped in there and had a somewhat lousy match.

Clichy seems to have lost confidence or having some other troubles. Was a much better player 3-4 years ago. Hart - what a keeper he is on his day. No more questions about who is our number one, but maybe being sidelined a couple of matches this year as well has spurred his motivation. He was my MotM until Agueros fourth. The little one - ahhh, imagine a whole injury free season. He could bag close to 40 PL goals I'm certain.

How the fuck David Silva walked off the pitch with both his ankles and achilles intact I'll never know. The fucking ref could have sent any one of three of their players off for their planned assaults on him. I seriously worry how long his ankles can stand up to this game after game. Good job he's a tough little fucker. I reckon Pellers should start doing a Fergie and highlighting this all the time. See if it makes a difference.

don't understand all the shite about sagna,he is not zab going forward or doesn't have his engine (other than milner who does),but he defended better than both the centre halves ,both who gave away numerous needless free kicks around the box diving in too soon.we will need him big style this season ,zab looked on his arse at the end of last season due to lack of competition for his spot,he will need periods of rest.unless we get 6 points v cska ,we could end up with more games in the europa league.i've more concerns with the consistency in the left back spot where either could go from class to shit on a game by game basis.

DruntBlunt said:
Very entertaining game of football that. Even the candlefuckraggish Norwegian pundits had to fish out some superlatives. Over all a good team effort but our defence has been dodgy all of this season I think. No matter who plays. But not having Yaya carelessly loosing the ball in midfield half a dozen times helps. Well, Fernando stepped in there and had a somewhat lousy match.

Clichy seems to have lost confidence or having some other troubles. Was a much better player 3-4 years ago. Hart - what a keeper he is on his day. No more questions about who is our number one, but maybe being sidelined a couple of matches this year as well has spurred his motivation. He was my MotM until Agueros fourth. The little one - ahhh, imagine a whole injury free season. He could bag close to 40 PL goals I'm certain.

Wouldn't call it lousy, but on a couple of occasions raised the collective heart beat for the worse. Against Hull it was The Mangler to have a couple of bad moments, yesterday it was Fernando's turn. Against Villa it was generally held that he turned the game. Wonder what City would do if everyone put in their best performance of the season. Hope they save it for the derby!

ifiwasarichfan said:
That's a very shrewd assessment but the phrase " a better side than Spurs" ?

Spurs are hoping for a Champions League spot, I don't think they will get it but they will come very close come May. Therefore, their aren't many better sides in the Premiership than Spurs and we won easily with a shoddy defensive performance, players missing and being very wasteful in front of goal.

Another point; how weird is this split opinion on Sagna - half seem to think he played very well and the other half think he was gash.
My "better side than Spurs" comment relates to how they are currently playing, nothing more, and they're not playing very well. They may well be hoping for a CL spot, but as things stand Southampton and West Ham have about as much hope imho.

As for Sagna, I've no idea why such a split, he was nothing more or less than average yesterday, what I'm not keen on, is having both him and Clichy playing at the same time rotate one, but not both, plus a centre back, 3 changes in a back 4 is dangerous especially against one of the allegedly stronger sides.

Biggest issue for me playing both Clichy and Sagna at the same time is not any huge defensive issue, it's the fact they offer us fuck all going forward.

Rotate the full backs by all means but always try and have at least one of Zabba or AK out there for me.

ifiwasarichfan said:
cleavers said:
Great result, Aguero, Hart, and Milner were superb, others not so great for me, very strange game though, we could have scored 10, Spurs maybe 5 or 6, some of our defending today was amateurish. I love our "we'll score more than you" attitude, but better teams than Spurs would have exploited it, and while good going forwards Spurs are pretty poor in midfield, and frankly w@nk in defence.

I don't want to be kidded by that result that we were better than we were, some of out football was very good, but we wasted a lot of it with poor decisions, and poor passing.

For me we made too many changes (again), I understand the need for rotation, and we have a key game midweek, but three changes in defence is too many, especially when we make (effectively) 3 in midfield too.

Ultimately it worked, so I won't criticise MP, but despite Aguero's goals and performance, Joe Hart was our key player (2 key saves at a very crucial moments), added to some idiocy from the Spurs defender, we still might not have won that game. James Milner too, put in so much energy, and effort, that he was dead on his feet by the end, yet we will need him midweek, and he can't keep performing at this tempo, no footballer can.

This might seem a negative post, its not meant to be, as I'm very proud of a lot about the way we played today, but it wasn't perfect, and we can be better than that (hopefully in the next home league game).

My ratings....

Hart - 9
Clichy - 6
Sanga - 6
Kompany - 7
Demechellis - 6
Navas - 6
Fernando - 5
Lampard - 6
Milner - 8
Silvas twin - 6
Aguero - 9.5

Fernandhino - 7
Jovetic - 5
Toure - 6

That's a very shrewd assessment but the phrase " a better side than Spurs" ?

Spurs are hoping for a Champions League spot, I don't think they will get it but they will come very close come May. Therefore, their aren't many better sides in the Premiership than Spurs and we won easily with a shoddy defensive performance, players missing and being very wasteful in front of goal.

Another point; how weird is this split opinion on Sagna - half seem to think he played very well and the other half think he was gash.

He played well, but he's gash compared to our Zaba.

I don't think we played that well really. Navas had a shocker and our defending should have been punished more as it was very poor at times. Sanga Kompany Demichelis Clichy and Fernando all had poor games. Some of them looked pissed up at times.

And even though I think all that, we won 4-1!

Bizarre game.

Hart Milner and Agüero were phenomenal though!

KippaxCitizen said:
I don't think we played that well really. Navas had a shocker and our defending should have been punished more as it was very poor at times. Sanga Kompany Demichelis Clichy and Fernando all had poor games. Some of them looked pissed up at times.

And even though I think all that, we won 4-1!

Bizarre game.

Hart Milner and Agüero were phenomenal though!

Navas had a shocker lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.