Spurs supporters

Ducado said:
jimharri said:
You still haven't answered this question yid (your choice of username). How sad is it when a fan of a club has to resort to joining a rival club's forum to try to have snidey little digs?

He is now banned
No great loss, although it was fun picking holes in his ''logic''!

16-Apr-86 Division 1 9,359 H Birmingham City
19-Apr-86 Division 1 32,357 H Manchester United

The loyal supporters of the Mighty Tottingham must have forgot that they had a game against Birmingham...

Rubyappeal said:
LongsightM13 said:
Like any club, City included, Spurs have their decent fans and their bell ends.
Big Gay Justin from their forum last year was a classic comedy cockernee tool, but marcspurs who sometimes posts on here seems like a decent lad and posted good advice on Wembley routes when the M1 thing happened.
I would say, though, that when northerners think of a stereotypical smug, flash, loud, brash Londoner, all Frank Butcher Argos gold bracelets and garish shirts, this does seem to correspond more with Spurs fans than the proper respected working class fans like West Ham or QPR, or the pretentious Islington-type Arses, the Happy Shopper home counties hard men of Chavski or the teachers and social workers at Fulham.
Ridiculous stereotypes I know, but that's how I've always weighed it up.

Bang on the money fella.

They've won less top league titles than Sunderland,achieved next to nothing in Europe for such a "huge club" and yet the way they seem to perceive themselves as some kind of "Real Madrid of London" is just laughable.
And in my experiece,whenever I've met them on holiday and got chatting football,without fail it's always delivered with a patronising arrogance and aloofness that you just don't seem to get with fans of other London clubs.
They seem to have an in-built superiority complex and seem utterly deluded as to their place in the grand scheme of things...and a little bit like the blue dippers,thier "glorious history" is far more important and worth knowing about than yours.
Add to that the London media's obsession with turning renta a quote 'Arry-a man who has achieved virtually nothing of real note in a 30 year managerial career,a man who thinks tac-tics are a brand of mints-and sporting one trophy to his name-into some kind of English footballing "messiah"... and it's no wonder that the likes of us are sick and tired of listening about how spuds win the FA cup with the "year ending in a one," how they have "a million fans on the waiting list" and endless re-runs of Ricky Villa.....beating them to the CL would feel almost as good as knocking out the rags.

Both great posts beat spurs then win the cup in the same week, they can delete the ricky villa re runs for ever!

Ducado said:
jimharri said:
You still haven't answered this question yid (your choice of username). How sad is it when a fan of a club has to resort to joining a rival club's forum to try to have snidey little digs?

He is now banned

Purely in my opinion,he shouldn't have been.
Far worse abuse came his way than anything he gave back,yet no Bluemoon regulars were banned.
So he talked out of his starfish - we all do from time to time,myself included,but this,in itself,doesn't warrant a banning.
If it did,the forum would be deserted within minutes.
I just think that unfair bias,and unfair banning such as this diminishes the forum.
We can't have one code of conduct for fans of other clubs,and another one for fellow blues,or else we end up looking foolish,and banter with others will become obsolete.

Rubyappeal said:
LongsightM13 said:
Like any club, City included, Spurs have their decent fans and their bell ends.
Big Gay Justin from their forum last year was a classic comedy cockernee tool, but marcspurs who sometimes posts on here seems like a decent lad and posted good advice on Wembley routes when the M1 thing happened.
I would say, though, that when northerners think of a stereotypical smug, flash, loud, brash Londoner, all Frank Butcher Argos gold bracelets and garish shirts, this does seem to correspond more with Spurs fans than the proper respected working class fans like West Ham or QPR, or the pretentious Islington-type Arses, the Happy Shopper home counties hard men of Chavski or the teachers and social workers at Fulham.
Ridiculous stereotypes I know, but that's how I've always weighed it up.

Bang on the money fella.

They've won less top league titles than Sunderland,achieved next to nothing in Europe for such a "huge club" and yet the way they seem to perceive themselves as some kind of "Real Madrid of London" is just laughable.
And in my experiece,whenever I've met them on holiday and got chatting football,without fail it's always delivered with a patronising arrogance and aloofness that you just don't seem to get with fans of other London clubs.
They seem to have an in-built superiority complex and seem utterly deluded as to their place in the grand scheme of things...and a little bit like the blue dippers,thier "glorious history" is far more important and worth knowing about than yours.

Add to that the London media's obsession with turning renta a quote 'Arry-a man who has achieved virtually nothing of real note in a 30 year managerial career,a man who thinks tac-tics are a brand of mints-and sporting one trophy to his name-into some kind of English footballing "messiah"... and it's no wonder that the likes of us are sick and tired of listening about how spuds win the FA cup with the "year ending in a one," how they have "a million fans on the waiting list" and endless re-runs of Ricky Villa.....beating them to the CL would feel almost as good as knocking out the rags.

In bold is my experience of them to a tee, I don`t normally like to tar every fan with the same brush but every now and then you get an anomaly where no matter how you try and think about it logically, the evidence just isn`t there to back up said logic, like you I`ve met 100`s of Spurs fans and I haven`t met one who doesn`t fit the above description and wasn`t a self righteous little tw@.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Ducado said:
He is now banned

Purely in my opinion,he shouldn't have been.
Far worse abuse came his way than anything he gave back,yet no Bluemoon regulars were banned.
So he talked out of his starfish - we all do from time to time,myself included,but this,in itself,doesn't warrant a banning.
If it did,the forum would be deserted within minutes.
I just think that unfair bias,and unfair banning such as this diminishes the forum.
We can't have one code of conduct for fans of other clubs,and another one for fellow blues,or else we end up looking foolish,and banter with others will become obsolete.

good post.

Re: Spurs supporters, wankers the lot of them....

Marvin said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Just seen one of them comment on 606 that we are one of the most defensive teams in the league and we would embarrass the PL in the UCL next year.... Oh yeah very defensive, considering we have scored more goals than that lot this year?? And oh yeah what about that fucking flogging they for from Madrid, lot of pride in that game.... Fucking pricks cant stand them, especially after this week and that little fucking beanstalk Crouch gobbing off about us...
This from a team who can't win games at home. If the reef had done his job against WBA, they would have left with no points.

Spurs fans forget that when teams play against City they defend and put 10 behind the ball. When the same team plays Spurs they attack them because they think they can get at Spurs defence.

I hope Liverpool get 5th

100% agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.