Spurs thread 2014-2015

Massive for us to re-sign Lloris. That said, he'll still be off in 12 months if we have another shit season.

I think it's his interest in playing for Pochettino that ultimately made him pull the trigger on signing the new contract: "The arrival of Mauricio Pochettino is important," Lloris told the club's website. "I have a good feeling with him. He is also ambitious."

Though I guess when you've just played for Tim Sherwood you'd be excited to play for just about anyone else....

[bigimg]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Xo7FyGbqoac/US9wMdsZlRI/AAAAAAAAAYg/t0tJiNFKhk0/s1600/BAR-CHART.PNG[/bigimg]

As you can see from the above, 2014/15 is likely to be a breakthrough season for Spurs, and I fully expect them to top the "Most successful Throw-Ins" table.

Again.

Carstairs said:
[bigimg]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Xo7FyGbqoac/US9wMdsZlRI/AAAAAAAAAYg/t0tJiNFKhk0/s1600/BAR-CHART.PNG[/bigimg]

As you can see from the above, 2014/15 is likely to be a breakthrough season for Spurs, and I fully expect them to top the "Most successful Throw-Ins" table.

Again.

At last someone with the foresight and clarification to bring it to the table.

Well done sir.

Marvin said:
Vertonghen had a great World Cup as a left wing back.

I must have been in the loo when he played well. I thought he was awful. I will never get the hype about him.

I remember having a discussion with some Blues on here who claimed he was so slow. I must admit that while I am no fan of Vertontghen, he is certainly not slow.

If I were Spurs I'd be looking to replace Kaboul. He was really out of his depth last season. He maybe no slower than Demichelis but somehow Demichelis rarely gets caught one on one

Kaboul is quick. Very quick for his size. I think you are right though, he does need replacing if Spurs have ambitions of getting top 4.

I think you are being very harsh on Kaboul. He'd become one of the best CB's in the country and had broken into the French squad before he got injured. He was brilliant in the 2011/12 season. But since then he's only started 12 games due to his injury and it was only at the end of last season he was able to get a short run of games. A player who has had a long term injury like him deserves at least a pre season and period without injury before being judged. You can't expect a player to miss so much football and then be back to his best after a couple of months. Often players need a whole season. They'd be crazy to let Kaboul go unless their Dr's think he'll struggle to regain full fitness. But I don't think that is true as I'm sure I saw him playing RB (or at least bursting down the right) towards the end of the season and his pace was definitely returning.

bluemiester said:
I think you are being very harsh on Kaboul. He'd become one of the best CB's in the country and had broken into the French squad before he got injured. He was brilliant in the 2011/12 season. But since then he's only started 12 games due to his injury and it was only at the end of last season he was able to get a short run of games. A player who has had a long term injury like him deserves at least a pre season and period without injury before being judged. You can't expect a player to miss so much football and then be back to his best after a couple of months. Often players need a whole season. They'd be crazy to let Kaboul go unless their Dr's think he'll struggle to regain full fitness. But I don't think that is true as I'm sure I saw him playing RB (or at least bursting down the right) towards the end of the season and his pace was definitely returning.

Kaboul 'brilliant' and 'one of the best CBs'.

You sound like a Spurs fan. Not a problem if you are as Ric welcomes fans of other teams.

bluemiester said:

I think Kaboul is decent too. What is it with spuds and perennially injured centre halves though?

I think they will finish 7th this coming season, behind Chelsea, City, Arsenal, rags, Liverpool and Everton.

I am in the Steffi back camp by the way, we need a good laugh again, those 'Magnificent 7' pics were great last season!

Kun Aguero said:
Apparently they want Micah.

Not sure what your source is but this would be a win/win in my view as I think he needs to play regularly and we cannot offer this to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.