Spurs thread 2014-2015

ifiwasarichfan said:
I always try to keep my powder dry when referencing young players. Ross Barkley has done enough ( although in our side god knows who he would replace and where he would fit in) and Raheem Sterling hasn't yet. Harry Kane though impresses me each time I see him but I just can't work out any comparison's for him.

Who do the posters think Harry Kane plays like ? I can't work out what sort of striker he is right now and what with a few more games under his belt he could become.

Sheringham with a better work rate.

Scenes from the New Year’s Battle of White Hart Lane
Mine is a lilywhite England,
Lit by freshly pick’d flowers,
Where all the world communes aloud
To celebrate the football;
Where the sport’s alive and rapid,
Shining like the window’d petals, and
Gentlemen dare, attack, and do,
Where victory’s echo booms and carries,
Long into the lore of trivia,
And the winding halls of humble-brag,
Flattening defeat and its goblin ears;
Mine is a lilywhite England!
The passes swift, the headers rare,
The dribbles nift’, the crosses deft as
They slice through air;
Here in God’s Northern London.
Look, over the mountain, beyond the Eye,
Eden the Hazard, he stoops to shimmy;
Swiftly does he draw and switch,
The minute blades beneath his boots,
Make swift incisions in the grass,
Where his wrath intends to pass,
Before Diego Costa outright loots,
The onion bags of lesser kingdoms;
Behold Eden the Hazard:
They craft him odes,
They raise him placards;
His ballet rattles heaven, hell.
Titans cower before the mighty Matic,
Disintegrate in the rocket launch of
Fabregas at spectral angles;
Terry is the dungeon keeper,
Mourinho master of the keys –
He parks the chariot, he oversees.
Eden the Hazard storms the pearly white
Gates of Tottenham Hotspur;
Leaves defenders in his yawning wake, before
Squaring it long for Oscar;
He takes a shot, he fancies it,
Costa tucks it, cool, away, to
Hand those ruthless Blues the lead;
Mine, always, forever, blindly,
My England shines a lilywhiteness,
A summer sun at witching hour,
A rebel flame in the quaint abyss of
One-nil to the champions elect;
The lilywhite faithful escalate
Their timeless chorus, willing
The trailing Spurs towards
Courtois’ densely guarded garrison;
The aerial assault intensifies,
Roses, Walkers, left and right as
Eriksen works his tender spells;
Bentaleb plays it sweet and short,
For the twinkle-toes of Harry Kane,
Gary Cahill storms out to greet him but
Evanesces in the Chingford thunder;
A flash of lightning exposes blunders as
Kane and his glistening halo
March into the Russian underworld,
Oblivious of those blue surroundings,
Shrugging at the prospect of legend,
Retrieving lilywhite glory, leveling it,
With a dagger that could cut through
Steel or a barricade of ice-cold dollars;
One-one, Blues, Lilywhites.
Found this in social media. I cried (laughing).

Kun Aguero said:
Defoe back to Spurs?

Just training with them for the close season was what I read.

Aha. Just like those people who go for a drink with an ex-girlfriend 'just to catch up'. Or so 'a friend' of mine said.

I'm keeping an eye on Spurs.

Not sure if their recent good form, and performance against Chelsea was the usual Spurs false dawn or a glimpse into the future

I have a feeling that Spurs are beginning to emerge as a top team.

If they beat Palace this weekend, the bandwagon will begin to roll. I am not sure whether that's good or not. I'd like someone to give Arsenal and Man Utd a bloody nose, but do I want to see a new rival to City? Obviously a lot of work to be done, but the Spurs wave is beginning to roll.

That performance against Chelsea was thrilling. And it comes at a period when Spurs are showing a bit more consistency. Now we have to see if it can be sustained.

Marvin said:

Not sure if their recent good form, and performance against Chelsea was the usual Spurs false dawn or a glimpse into the future

If they beat Palace this weekend, the bandwagon will begin to roll. I am not sure whether that's good or not. I'd like someone to give Arsenal and Man Utd a bloody nose, but do I want to see a new rival to City? Obviously a lot of work to be done, but the Spurs wave is beginning to roll.

That performance against Chelsea was thrilling. And it comes at a period when Spurs are showing a bit more consistency. Now we have to see if it can be sustained.

I watched Spurs V United and Chelsea. Spurs conceded lots of chances in each game, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost tonight

Blue Hefner said:
Marvin said:

I watched Spurs V United and Chelsea. Spurs conceded lots of chances in each game, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost tonight

I should have had a flutter on it!

Marvin said:

Nah, same old spurs.

TCIB said:
Marvin said:

Nah, same old spurs.
A blow for Spurs. I think they are still on an upward curve though. They need to go on another run. Sooner or later Arsenal are going to click, and Utd too, I'd much prefer one or both of Soton or Spurs to qualify over Arsenal and or Utd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.