Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this "we unlike City" quotes, we heard you the first time, you've no need to repeat it 3 times, btw you beat our transfer record the other day, so your club isn't short of money as you make out.

To be fair, with no signings in 517 days, we had been saving up for quite some time!

Far too much is made of this, IMO.

It has one London overground station less than 5 minutes from the stadium; another that is 10 minutes away; one tube station that is 20 minutes from the stadium; and another that is 25 minutes. Not to mention countless buses.

In fact, there's a third overground station that has just opened at Meridian Water, no more than 15 minutes away.

Maybe not as good as some other London stadiums but hardly a "woman to get to".

I'am sure I am not alone but I measure accessibility to a ground from how long\easy it is to get to after getting of the train at the main station, The swamp 20 min on tram, Anfield/Goodison 10 mins taxi, St Marys, 10 min walk, St James 15 min walk, Etihad, 10-15 min walk, Carrow road 10 min walk, dean court 10 min shuttle bus.

So by comparison even allowing for the London factor the 60-90 mins on Match day from/to Euston and 2/3/4 changes plus some walking makes whl a relative woman to get to. I'll give that you probably have multiple alternatives for the locals but for away fans its got to rank as shite to get to and away from.
Hopefully I'll be doing the weekend in London thing for it this season and sky wont butcher the fixtures and move to Monday night.

I'am sure I am not alone but I measure accessibility to a ground from how long\easy it is to get to after getting of the train at the main station, The swamp 20 min on tram, Anfield/Goodison 10 mins taxi, St Marys, 10 min walk, St James 15 min walk, Etihad, 10-15 min walk, Carrow road 10 min walk, dean court 10 min shuttle bus.

So by comparison even allowing for the London factor the 60-90 mins on Match day from/to Euston and 2/3/4 changes plus some walking makes whl a relative woman to get to. I'll give that you probably have multiple alternatives for the locals but for away fans its got to rank as shite to get to and away from.
Hopefully I'll be doing the weekend in London thing for it this season and sky wont butcher the fixtures and move to Monday night.

60-90 minutes to get to White Hart Lane from Euston? What route are you taking?!! From Euston, it’s a mere 4-5 stops and 15-20 minutes up the Victoria Line to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale. A walk from the former is a further 25 minutes, or 20 minutes for the latter. Alternatively, change for the Overground at Seven Sisters and it’s max a 10 minute wait followed by a 5 minute ride to WHL.

CE Can be fantastic , but his corners are beyond shit he never beats his first man , his free kicks are pretty awful to9 . He scored against Everton on the last day of the season , the previous goal from a free-kick ,was away v Juve in the CL the previous season . He does however run a lot and create chances and we are better with him than without as he’s rarely injured .
It must be galling for him to be on only 70k a week when Lindgard is on over 100k and Ozil is on 350 ,Ramsey on over 200 and Hazzard 250+ .....all DO has to do is offer 150 k and back date for 2 years , and he’ll stay and will only cost 50m ish , which would be a bargain

Then why does he take corners and free kicks? Bizarre! Still, stranger things have happened. You'll definately miss him if he goes, and he won't be easy to replace. Not sure it's all about money though, I'd be surprised if he didn't think he's got a far better chance of winning things elsewhere.

Well we’ve got NDembele and Clarke and it’s pretty strong that we are getting the Sessengnon twins and possible Ceballos on loan , we unlike City can’t afford a buy out clause of 80m for Celso

Ndombele - yeah, looks like a good signing and big money spent.
Clarke - 18? and straight out on loan. Definitely not for this season. Probably not next.
Sessegnon - "pretty strong"? Ryan was in the prem last year and hardly set it alight. Could be a good player, but realistically anything other than squad player is optimistic in the short term.
Ceballos - "possible", "loan". I see a pattern emerging. Still not anything that says 'much better squad than last season'.
Celso - City have walked away from several deals that were silly money, and bought somebody else. Are you telling me there's nobody else to even consider?

My point was I'm not seeing the big changes the new stadium was supposed to herald. I'm sticking to that. This all looks like normal, low level, straightforward season on season stuff to me. And weren't you told no big signings the last few years because of the upcoming stadium? There are dozens of ways the stadium could have been paid for without so much austerity, they chose the one that put football as the least important factor if you ask me, which is what they always seemed to do when you were trying to break into the top 4. I know you can say 'ah, but we got in the top 4', but was it because of what the Spurs board did, or despite it? If Arsenal and United hadn't turned to shit would you be in the top 4?

In many ways it doesn't matter to me; although I don't mind Spurs (I'd probably choose them over any of the other remaining 'top 6') I'm not going to lose sleep over what I perceive to be Spur's fans getting shafted by the owners, but I'm surprised there isn't more skepticism. Maybe you should look at the discussion in the Arsenal thread (yes, I know, Arsenal) about their finances and reflect on what they were told for years.

60-90 minutes to get to White Hart Lane from Euston? What route are you taking?!! From Euston, it’s a mere 4-5 stops and 15-20 minutes up the Victoria Line to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale. A walk from the former is a further 25 minutes, or 20 minutes for the latter. Alternatively, change for the Overground at Seven Sisters and it’s max a 10 minute wait followed by a 5 minute ride to WHL.

Euston to seven sisters on the Victoria line usually, as you've said its 15-20 minutes once your on a tube, usually you get on the 2/3rd one which takes it to 25-30 mins. The walk by your clubs own website is then 30 mins and 3000 steps (odd info to include ;-) ) I don't mind the walk but its difficult to get a decent pace on this one with the crowds and plod standing in stupid places to prevent decent pedestrian flow. So that can easily take an hour in total. Getting away tends to be worse with the queues to get on the tube. I am sure to could easily do in sub 40 mins when spurs aren't playing though.

In many ways it doesn't matter to me; although I don't mind Spurs (I'd probably choose them over any of the other remaining 'top 6') I'm not going to lose sleep over what I perceive to be Spur's fans getting shafted by the owners, but I'm surprised there isn't more skepticism. Maybe you should look at the discussion in the Arsenal thread (yes, I know, Arsenal) about their finances and reflect on what they were told for years.

Difference is that, unlike Arsenal fans, we’re not being sold the lie that the new stadium will limit Spurs’ ability to operate in the transfer market. The promise and expectation is that the club can now kick on and show greater ambition. I don’t think many people have cottoned on to what a game changer the new stadium is for Spurs. This is not a bog standard new stadium. From a financial perspective, it is cast from an altogether different mould. It will generate in excess of £100m more per annum than the old stadium generated. I would estimate that that is at least double the likely annual interest and repayment costs.

Difference is that, unlike Arsenal fans, we’re not being sold the lie that the new stadium will limit Spurs’ ability to operate in the transfer market. The promise and expectation is that the club can now kick on and show greater ambition. I don’t think many people have cottoned on to what a game changer the new stadium is for Spurs. This is not a bog standard new stadium. From a financial perspective, it is cast from an altogether different mould. It will generate in excess of £100m more per annum than the old stadium generated. I would estimate that that is at least double the likely annual interest and repayment costs.

So there will be no excuse for Levy to come out with the usual reasons why you haven’t bought any players?

Please tell me you didn't award whl or nwhl if that's really what you're calling it many points for ease of access, its a fucking woman to get to, by far the worse stadium in London to get to. Perhaps Palace could give it a run for most fans, but even that's relatively easy for me. :-)
It's a piece of piss getting to WHL. As JimB says there are a multitude of tube/overground stations in the area. Not as quick as Arsenal sure, but it's not difficult at all.

And as for Palace you can get a fast train to Norwood Juntion from London Bridge that takes 10 minutes, then 5 minute walk to ground. London wise I'd say Fulham is the worst for transport imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.