Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see some posts earlier saying players were assassinated on the pitch, I think the modern day fan either is losing the plot or the game is

Most football fans exaggerate to to a certain extent: a team wins a game 3-0 and they say "We slaughtered 'em!" A team doesn't get a penalty and they say "The whole world knew it was a pen!" We're all guilty of it. But the point being made was that you have a serial offender in your team but you can't seem to accept that fact.

I remember a discussion I had with karen a year or so back about those fouls by Kane and Alli on your players. When I cited Sergio Aguero’s two red cards for two bad tackles on David Luiz by way of arguing that City players weren’t always angels themselves, the response was along the lines that Aguero had been provoked on both occasions. I didn’t feel the need to describe Aguero as an animal or talk ominously about his “dark side”. Nor did I assert that he would only do it more if karen continued to make excuses for him.

But each to their own, mate.
Show me where I called your players animals. You said that he’s your least dirty player. I responded by saying that if a player who has kicked and shoved a player to the floor, has ran 50 yards to foul a player and who has kicked a player in his stomach with both feet within 21 league matches is your least dirty player, you must have some animals.

I couldn’t care less about the response you got about Agüero from Karen as that wasn’t me and I can’t be held to account for the ramblings of other posters. I know full well that Agüero has lost his temper with Luiz on more than one occasion. That’s twice in 10 years that I can recall though.

By citing Son’s “dark side”, I’m merely pointing out that his temper has got him into trouble on three occasions now in little over half a season. It’s becoming a habit but he does funny handshakes so he can’t be that sort of player.

It's not really nasty mate, I think if this was any other team no body would make a comment. It's a bit of petulance perhaps. Posters are making out he's a Vinnie Jones meets Roy Keane. We see some posts earlier saying players were assassinated on the pitch, I think the modern day fan either is losing the plot or the game is
I haven’t seen the posts likening him to Keane or Jones and as I haven’t done so myself, couldn’t give a fuck what others post.

As I’ve pointed out to Jim B, it’s becoming a regular habit of his to lash out.

Most football fans exaggerate to to a certain extent: a team wins a game 3-0 and they say "We slaughtered 'em!" A team doesn't get a penalty and they say "The whole world knew it was a pen!" We're all guilty of it. But the point being made was that you have a serial offender in your team but you can't seem to accept that fact.
He has offended, yes, but most of it was petulant. I think its going overboard to be honest mate, we have far worse players and on board and far worse in the past. I just feel if this was a West Ham thread sod all would be said. If Spurs had these allegations like your club had against you there would be 100 pages foaming at the mouth, yet in reality there is 1500 pages defending your club. We will always defend our own

I haven’t seen the posts likening him to Keane or Jones and as I haven’t done so myself, couldn’t give a fuck what others post.

As I’ve pointed out to Jim B, it’s becoming a regular habit of his to lash out.
Fair enough mate, two of them nothing in it for me, but the game has changed somewhat

“Animals”, “Lost it”,“His dark side”.......arf! Very dramatic!

He pushed Lerma. He tripped Gomes. He aimed a slight kick out at Rudiger. Not exactly a very dark “dark side”, is it?

In each case, he had been fouled or provoked immediately beforehand. Lerma kicked the ball out of his hands after the whistle had blown. Gomes caught him in the face with an elbow. And Rudiger had given him a sly, little punch in the ribs. Lerma and Rudiger went down as if poleaxed. Oscar worthy performances. Gomes, very unluckily, collided with Aurier immediately after the trip and suffered a bad injury. Thankfully, he has recovered sooner than expected.
Gomes has got a broken leg thanks to son getting retrabution,without his cowardly take down from behind the other player doesn't come into play and the leg is not broken

Gomes has got a broken leg thanks to son getting retrabution,without his cowardly take down from behind the other player doesn't come into play and the leg is not broken
It wasn't cowardly and from behind, again Karen more shit about Spurs. It was innocuous. Were you saying the same when De Jong broke Ben Arfas leg!? Just out of curiosity

It wasn't cowardly and from behind, again Karen more shit about Spurs. It was innocuous. Were you saying the same when De Jong broke Ben Arfas leg!? Just out of curiosity

How are you comparing a geuine attempt for the ball from the side to a sprint and snidey lunge from behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.