Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what was said to dier ? Surely it was recorded/ caught on camera ?

anyway he probably deserved it

What's the "word on the street" with this Dier thing, Crouchy, Jim B ?

The trouble was in a corporate area just behind the dugouts. One fan (or corporate customer) shouted abuse at Dier - which itself was odd, since Dier had an excellent game at CB and scored the first penalty very well. Dier's brother was near to this "fan" and objected to what had been said. A bit of a scuffle followed and it was then that Dier himself got involved. He wasn't reacting to the abuse he received (that'll just be water off a duck's back). He was coming to his brother's defence. Probably still shouldn't have done it, I guess, but understandable and far more forgivable.

The trouble was in a corporate area just behind the dugouts. One fan (or corporate customer) shouted abuse at Dier - which itself was odd, since Dier had an excellent game at CB and scored the first penalty very well. Dier's brother was near to this "fan" and objected to what had been said. A bit of a scuffle followed and it was then that Dier himself got involved. He wasn't reacting to the abuse he received (that'll just be water off a duck's back). He was coming to his brother's defence. Probably still shouldn't have done it, I guess, but understandable and far more forgivable.
up the Spurs then :)

Stupid of Dier's brother. If he can't take fans expressing their views about his brother, he probably shouldn't be going to games. Dier himself shouldn't have got involved.

We all know what Delia is like when she’s spent a night on the sauce

Stupid of Dier's brother. If he can't take fans expressing their views about his brother, he probably shouldn't be going to games. Dier himself shouldn't have got involved.

We don't know what the abuse was, what Dier's brother said in return, or who kicked off the aggro first.

There's nothing wrong with Dier's brother objecting to abuse, depending on how he did so. And, if the "fan" was the one to attack his brother, Dier was justified in coming to his brother's defence. In fact, that constitutes self defence.

But, as I say, we don't know exactly what was said or done or how it all unfolded. So best to hang fire until the facts are established.

Cheers Jim, personally, I don't have a problem with that at all, people will say as a footballer, he's a role model etc etc, and should set an example, but for me, fundamentally, he's a human being, which brings it's own responsibilities, one of which being you protect and stand by your family, ergo he may not have acted correctly as a footballer, but he has as a decent human being in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.