Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this same argument for years now with various Spurs fans (mostly relatives). They tell me I'm wrong about Kane(pen) and that he works really hard for the team, etc. They say it's because I've not seen him play live all that often, that MotD and others never show his full work rate because of the editing they have to do for a game. I accept these are both plausible reasons as to why I think he's a lazy fucker, but I point out to them that I am not alone in thinking what I do, and in fact many other football fans have seen him for what I think he is - an overated, work-shy egotist.

Maureen will not drop him for fear of alienating himself from the fans even more than he already has, but someone somewhere has got to stand up and say it's time he was dropped.

I don't think you need to tell a City fan what football is about these days do you?

I didn't say he was a goal hanger but he's hardly Carlos Tevez when it comes to pressing defenders is he? Alongside Oleg Salenko, he's probably the most disappointing of the World Cup golden boot winners in my lifetime.

What is a goal hanger if he isn’t someone who “loiters around, waiting for chances to come”? Different words. Same meaning.

What is a goal hanger if he isn’t someone who “loiters around, waiting for chances to come”? Different words. Same meaning.
I haven't ever called a professional footballer a goal hanger so wouldn't know. I haven't used the term since the school playground when, due to the lack of match officials, we didn't use the offside law.

Ederson comes out of the box very often and is extremely good with his feet but I wouldn't say that City play "Fly Goalie" either.

I haven't ever called a professional footballer a goal hanger so wouldn't know. I haven't used the term since the school playground when, due to the lack of match officials, we didn't use the offside law.

Ederson comes out of the box very often and is extremely good with his feet but I wouldn't say that City play "Fly Goalie" either.

Okay, fella. Best leave it at that, then. I’m happy to discuss further the substance of what you wrote in your original post but I’d rather not get bogged down in semantics.

I’m pretty sure that Kane and Sterling enjoy playing together. They both create chances for each other.
What a novel concept of Kane creating chances for someone else. I shall watch out for it.
I sometimes think that Kane follows the attitudes pushed out by the Sun about Raz's abilities and might have led the sub committee of players who got Raz dropped for his little incident with that big girl's blouse from Anfield.

The good news for Tottenham is that with the players that they have and the stadium they have, a season like this where they're marginally behind the pace for European places is as bad as it'll get for a long time.

He was the same in Euro 2016 and things have not changed 4 years later. I dont think l am biased that Kanes constant wanting the ball was detrimental to Raz and the England squad when Raz had used his speed and movement to get into good positions. But of course it was made out to be Sterling's fault
Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.