Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for JPBB. I often disagree with what he says. And sometimes how he says it.

But in this specific instance, I don't believe that his sarcasm was directed at your club or players. Nor was it directed at City fans in general. It was directed at one poster in particular. When someone dons the tin foil hat and makes risible claims about Spurs getting results only because they have friends in the right places, it deserves a scornful reply, IMO. I see Spurs fans spouting such bitter nonsense about other clubs, from time to time, and they are equally deserving of derision.
If he wants to spout derision, let him go on a Spurs forum and do it. He's a visitor/guest on a City forum; he should try to remember that. You don't go round to your neighbour's house and shit on their nice Axminster.

Oh dear.

My attempt at irony and levity failed.

For the record and the avoidance of doubt, I don't really think Spurs stuck it to City. In fact, notwithstanding City's excellence on the day, I think it was one of the most pathetic Spurs performances of recent years. I did say this in the match thread and, frankly, I am deeply disappointed that all of you are not paying proper attention to all my comments.

However, some have implied that the performance invalidates all the good work Spurs have done on and off the field in recent years. I object to that. I am sure City will have bad performances this season (although i doubt that bad) but they will not invalidate City's goals, aims and plans whatever they may be. And that rubbish performance by Spurs does not change anything.

As for the accusations of bitterness and anger, I still don't feel it. Sorry.
Pretty high opinion of yourself!

Pretty high opinion of yourself!

Oh dear God. Really? For the record, I don't expect you or anyone to read my posts - past or present - or to take them seriously.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by how offended some people are by my posts which actually are not really offensive at all. I guess it is part of the Murdoch-isation of football - Sky, Talksport, Espn, etc - all telling us that football results really matter, winning is everything, that we should be angry, that brilliant footballers are not very good and should do more, we must despise other teams, managers don't know what they are doing, that we should demand more from everyone, and then they are righteously indignant when the knuckle draggers amongst us respond.

And for what purpose? To support their mates in the betting industry and drive a few more of us into debt and suicide.

I want to love football - win or lose. And to remember it does not matter at all.

Oh dear God. Really? For the record, I don't expect you or anyone to read my posts - past or present - or to take them seriously.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by how offended some people are by my posts which actually are not really offensive at all. I guess it is part of the Murdoch-isation of football - Sky, Talksport, Espn, etc - all telling us that football results really matter, winning is everything, that we should be angry, that brilliant footballers are not very good and should do more, we must despise other teams, managers don't know what they are doing, that we should demand more from everyone, and then they are righteously indignant when the knuckle draggers amongst us respond.

And for what purpose? To support their mates in the betting industry and drive a few more of us into debt and suicide.

I want to love football - win or lose. And to remember it does not matter at all.
Wow, that is some post and fair dos to you posting it on another supporter’s forum. There is definitely an element of truth in some of what you say and for the record some of us appreciate other fan’s posts, as long as they respect the site and are thick skinned.

Don't we all. Unfortunately for City fans, as soon as we achieved the greatest side British football has ever seen (by every reasonable metric), a cartel of rich clubs and the football establishment for whom money is everything and a compliant media dominated by ex-players and fans of those clubs decided that a love of football itself is the very last thing they are concerned with.

Then why are you posting? The purpose of a forum is engagement and discussion.

As for levity, humour is all about how it is received, not by how it is delivered. Are you making jokes for the reader or for yourself? That matters as the obvious follow up question is about who the joke is aimed at.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by how offended some people are by my posts...

He says, being both surprised and offended at somebody else's post... Maybe you should look at how you are rubbing some people up the wrong way (it's not all about you!).
But I have more than a sneaking suspicion you enjoy rubbing people up the wrong way, hiding behind flowery inanities wrapped in barbs. Maybe barbs is overdoing it, more like prickles; you're clearly more perverse than sadistic.

You wouldn't be the first Spur's fan on here to fit that description. At least you don't posts graphs though. I'm sure I've asked you before, do you have a relation in Israel?

Last edited:

Offended ha, jog on.

EC1MtUyXkAIvWax

they were bang average....lot of hustle and bustle but no real quality at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.