Spurs thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. jimharri

jimharri

How do you make out that he was entitled? He's on a City forum. Taking the piss out of us, on our forum, will not go down well. If I went on a Spurs forum (fuck that), and started having pops at their club or players, it wouldn't go down too well.

2. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

Sticking it to City at there place, in what fantasy land does your mind say that " you were sticking it to City". If City hadn't been so profligate in front of goal a fair reflection of the score would have been 7- 2 to us, even Poch said you were a very distant second best, stop talking shit, next you'll be saying, at least we play attractive football it's not all about the trophies" oh wait.

Vienna_70 likes this.
  3. ballinio

ballinio

Pray tell what is Spurs identity ?

4. karen7

karen7

Because we are brilliant with the worlds best manager and real world class players

5. mat

mat

Involves bottles I believe?

mancityvstoke and Vienna_70 like this.
  6. JimB

JimB

I can't speak for JPBB. I often disagree with what he says. And sometimes how he says it.

But in this specific instance, I don't believe that his sarcasm was directed at your club or players. Nor was it directed at City fans in general. It was directed at one poster in particular. When someone dons the tin foil hat and makes risible claims about Spurs getting results only because they have friends in the right places, it deserves a scornful reply, IMO. I see Spurs fans spouting such bitter nonsense about other clubs, from time to time, and they are equally deserving of derision.

danielwood5 likes this.
  7. JPBB

JPBB

Team supported:
    Spurs
    Oh dear.

My attempt at irony and levity failed.

For the record and the avoidance of doubt, I don't really think Spurs stuck it to City. In fact, notwithstanding City's excellence on the day, I think it was one of the most pathetic Spurs performances of recent years. I did say this in the match thread and, frankly, I am deeply disappointed that all of you are not paying proper attention to all my comments.

However, some have implied that the performance invalidates all the good work Spurs have done on and off the field in recent years. I object to that. I am sure City will have bad performances this season (although i doubt that bad) but they will not invalidate City's goals, aims and plans whatever they may be. And that rubbish performance by Spurs does not change anything.

As for the accusations of bitterness and anger, I still don't feel it. Sorry.

8. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

You cannot tell that from the original post. So I don't know how you expect posters to react. Unless it's true and ALL Spurs' fans
    do indeed share the same brain cell, so you know for a fact.

mancityvstoke likes this.
  9. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

You initial post failed badly I'm afraid JPBB.

This one is better, not that you need my approval. I was disappointed and frustrated due to the VAR decision and performance of the referee , but not your team.

And it is not your teams fault that City missed so many bloody chances !

JimB likes this.
  10. keith's curle

keith's curle

TBH it's hardly the first time...

Would that include comments like "the Spurs players know they are as good as the City players... blah, blah and so on"? I read your posts (well, mostly) but if you think I or anyone else sits here piecing together the essence of your metaphorical waffle you're weirder than I gave you credit for. This is a football forum - complex points are difficult to make and basically only stand a chance when made by somebody who's posts are clear and succinct, ie not yours.
    Don't get me wrong, I like you as a poster, even though I sometimes skim through your more 'out there' ramblings, but if you have a point to make, make it in a way that gets the message across to your audience rather than demonstrating your eloquence and creative thinking, or you're writing it for other reasons and inviting abuse (which may be why you do it).
    Lets face it, you're going to get some level of abuse anyway (it's a football forum!) but the difference is whether you want to argue football or just argue.