Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, given the risibly bitter and baseless post to which he was responding, JPBB was entitled to lay the sarcasm on quite thick.
How do you make out that he was entitled? He's on a City forum. Taking the piss out of us, on our forum, will not go down well. If I went on a Spurs forum (fuck that), and started having pops at their club or players, it wouldn't go down too well.

Ah yes bitterness.

In football it feels as if it has a unique meaning which I have never quite understood. I guess it is some sort of generic football insult?

But I don't really feel it. I love what my club is doing. I am watching some of the best players in the World, in an incredible stadium, we are often finishing above Arsenal for the first time in years, we are playing in the Champions League final, we are sticking it to the City at their place. Why would I be bitter? We all have so much to be grateful for. It is not as if we have to go away and win at Wimbledon to avoid relegation or we are battling it out in League One.

This week I am going to see QPR v Portsmouth in the second round of the league cup - two clubs close to my heart. There won't be many people there. The football will be dire. And they have little chance of any real success this season The fans of these once great and successful clubs have every reason to be bitter. Will they be? No chance. They will be happy, fun and grateful. I guess it is down to expectation.

Liverpool expect to win - they are bitter that they get 90 points and still don't win. Spurs never win. I have no expectations that they win. I do expect Spurs to entertain. To have skilful players. To try and play on the front foot. To charm. To have an identity. And I think Spurs do that every day. And so I am not bitter. Quite the opposite I am very happy.

So, in short, smug I'd accept. Bitter? No.
Sticking it to City at there place, in what fantasy land does your mind say that " you were sticking it to City". If City hadn't been so profligate in front of goal a fair reflection of the score would have been 7- 2 to us, even Poch said you were a very distant second best, stop talking shit, next you'll be saying, at least we play attractive football it's not all about the trophies" oh wait.

Ah yes bitterness.

In football it feels as if it has a unique meaning which I have never quite understood. I guess it is some sort of generic football insult?

But I don't really feel it. I love what my club is doing. I am watching some of the best players in the World, in an incredible stadium, we are often finishing above Arsenal for the first time in years, we are playing in the Champions League final, we are sticking it to the City at their place. Why would I be bitter? We all have so much to be grateful for. It is not as if we have to go away and win at Wimbledon to avoid relegation or we are battling it out in League One.

This week I am going to see QPR v Portsmouth in the second round of the league cup - two clubs close to my heart. There won't be many people there. The football will be dire. And they have little chance of any real success this season The fans of these once great and successful clubs have every reason to be bitter. Will they be? No chance. They will be happy, fun and grateful. I guess it is down to expectation.

Liverpool expect to win - they are bitter that they get 90 points and still don't win. Spurs never win. I have no expectations that they win. I do expect Spurs to entertain. To have skilful players. To try and play on the front foot. To charm. To have an identity. And I think Spurs do that every day. And so I am not bitter. Quite the opposite I am very happy.

So, in short, smug I'd accept. Bitter? No.
Pray tell what is Spurs identity ?

Which just proves what matters in this World is who you know not how much cash you have.

Although it is odd that despite having friends in all the right places we still have not won anything. City on the other hand have no friends. Yet you appear to have won loads.

Oh well...
Because we are brilliant with the worlds best manager and real world class players

How do you make out that he was entitled? He's on a City forum. Taking the piss out of us, on our forum, will not go down well. If I went on a Spurs forum (fuck that), and started having pops at their club or players, it wouldn't go down too well.

I can't speak for JPBB. I often disagree with what he says. And sometimes how he says it.

But in this specific instance, I don't believe that his sarcasm was directed at your club or players. Nor was it directed at City fans in general. It was directed at one poster in particular. When someone dons the tin foil hat and makes risible claims about Spurs getting results only because they have friends in the right places, it deserves a scornful reply, IMO. I see Spurs fans spouting such bitter nonsense about other clubs, from time to time, and they are equally deserving of derision.

Sticking it to City at there place, in what fantasy land does your mind say that " you were sticking it to City". If City hadn't been so profligate in front of goal a fair reflection of the score would have been 7- 2 to us, even Poch said you were a very distant second best, stop talking shit, next you'll be saying, at least we play attractive football it's not all about the trophies" oh wait.

Oh dear.

My attempt at irony and levity failed.

For the record and the avoidance of doubt, I don't really think Spurs stuck it to City. In fact, notwithstanding City's excellence on the day, I think it was one of the most pathetic Spurs performances of recent years. I did say this in the match thread and, frankly, I am deeply disappointed that all of you are not paying proper attention to all my comments.

However, some have implied that the performance invalidates all the good work Spurs have done on and off the field in recent years. I object to that. I am sure City will have bad performances this season (although i doubt that bad) but they will not invalidate City's goals, aims and plans whatever they may be. And that rubbish performance by Spurs does not change anything.

As for the accusations of bitterness and anger, I still don't feel it. Sorry.

I can't speak for JPBB. I often disagree with what he says. And sometimes how he says it.

But in this specific instance, I don't believe that his sarcasm was directed at your club or players. Nor was it directed at City fans in general. It was directed at one poster in particular. When someone dons the tin foil hat and makes risible claims about Spurs getting results only because they have friends in the right places, it deserves a scornful reply, IMO. I see Spurs fans spouting such bitter nonsense about other clubs, from time to time, and they are equally deserving of derision.

You cannot tell that from the original post. So I don't know how you expect posters to react. Unless it's true and ALL Spurs' fans
do indeed share the same brain cell, so you know for a fact.

Oh dear.

For the record and the avoidance of doubt, I don't really think Spurs stuck it to City. In fact, notwithstanding City's excellence on the day, I think it was one of the most pathetic Spurs performances of recent years. I did say this in the match thread and, frankly, I am deeply disappointed that all of you are not paying proper attention to all my comments.

However, some have implied that the performance invalidates all the good work Spurs have done on and off the field in recent years. I object to that. I am sure City will have bad performances this season (although i doubt that bad) but they will not invalidate City's goals, aims and plans whatever they may be. And that rubbish performance by Spurs does not change anything.

As for the accusations of bitterness and anger, I still don't feel it. Sorry.

You initial post failed badly I'm afraid JPBB.

This one is better, not that you need my approval. I was disappointed and frustrated due to the VAR decision and performance of the referee , but not your team.

And it is not your teams fault that City missed so many bloody chances !

Oh dear.

TBH it's hardly the first time...

I am deeply disappointed that all of you are not paying proper attention to all my comments.

Would that include comments like "the Spurs players know they are as good as the City players... blah, blah and so on"? I read your posts (well, mostly) but if you think I or anyone else sits here piecing together the essence of your metaphorical waffle you're weirder than I gave you credit for. This is a football forum - complex points are difficult to make and basically only stand a chance when made by somebody who's posts are clear and succinct, ie not yours.
Don't get me wrong, I like you as a poster, even though I sometimes skim through your more 'out there' ramblings, but if you have a point to make, make it in a way that gets the message across to your audience rather than demonstrating your eloquence and creative thinking, or you're writing it for other reasons and inviting abuse (which may be why you do it).
Lets face it, you're going to get some level of abuse anyway (it's a football forum!) but the difference is whether you want to argue football or just argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.