Spurs thread 2020/21

Desso pitch has nothing to do with it, mate. If you fall face first from a height, any pitch is going to be hard. Desso doesn't make a pitch materially harder. It merely makes the grass more stable and less likely to tear into big divots.

There is a social media witch hunt by bitter, envious people who are always out to belittle Kane or taint him him with any number of atrocities (and who always move the goalposts when any line of attack is proved to be ridiculous). These people have now settled on their latest campaign, screeching and wailing that Kane deliberately sets out to cause serious injury to random other players. It's absurd, of course. What would Kane's motivation be to do such a thing? The haters don't care about such awkward questions. The agenda is all that matters to them.

To be clear, I'm not including you in their number. But I do strongly disagree that Kane backs into an airborne player specifically to "knock that player out of control, making him land awkwardly". What actually happens is that Kane moves into position before the other player jumps and his intention is to get himself between that player and the ball so that he can either win the ball or win a free kick.

I do agree that he sometimes gets it wrong and that, on those occasions, he should be punished. But the reverse is true too. Sometimes the player taking a running jump recklessly endangers Kane as he legitimately takes up a position to win or protect the ball.
I think you know thats bullshit dont you?

I think it's clear that I know that it isn't!
Kane is properly snide and probably consumed with bitterness that he's not even the best option up front in his own club. The way he sets out to injure other professionals is only regarded as a minor issue because he thankfully spends so much time out with injury himself.

How come Spurs seem willing to send Alli out on loan to PSG? I remember when he was thought of as a potential England superstar and a player we would do well to sign.

Has he turned shit, or just doesn't get on with Mourinho? Seems a far cry from the goalscoring midfielder of two or three seasons ago.
Two reasons, I reckon.

Firstly, it's hard to find a position for him. He's a player who is best when he can be entirely instinctive. He doesn't really fit into any tactical system. That can be okay if such a player is consistently excellent. But Dele is mercurial.

Secondly, he's casual in training. Jose has persistently tried to convey the importance of focus and application but it seems that the message has yet to get through.

Kane is properly snide and probably consumed with bitterness that he's not even the best option up front in his own club. The way he sets out to injure other professionals is only regarded as a minor issue because he thankfully spends so much time out with injury himself.
Arf!

Okay, fella.

I blocked JimB a long time ago so I can't see any of his comments, but I sincerely believe he's a wind up merchant with little else to do with his time. He comes on here and argues with everyone and anyone who will give him the time of day. The best thing is to ignore him and let him go away to another forum, you're wasting your time trying to have a discussion with him.

He once claimed Kane(pen) was the greatest player in the world, that should tell you all you need to know about his state of mind.

I blocked JimB a long time ago so I can't see any of his comments, but I sincerely believe he's a wind up merchant with little else to do with his time. He comes on here and argues with everyone and anyone who will give him the time of day. The best thing is to ignore him and let him go away to another forum, you're wasting your time trying to have a discussion with him.

He once claimed Kane(pen) was the greatest player in the world, that should tell you all you need to know about his state of mind.
Yes pal, I did exactly the same about 6 months ago. He attempts to defend the indefensible and makes himself look like an insufferable prick whilst doing so.
It's about time the mods took a good look at what he contributes to this forum

I think it's clear that I know that it isn't!
Then why does it happen a few times a match involving him, but not anywhere near as often to any other player? And why does he always look at the player more than the ball?

Its bullshit, you know it, i know it, and everybody else is starting to realise it.

Hes a wonky mouth cheat, but thats encouraged these days isnt it

You seem to be wound up merely by the fact that I'm a Spurs fan, no matter what I actually write.

I'm never disparaging about City; nor do I brag gratuitously about Spurs (how silly would that be, given the disparity between our two clubs' recent achievements?); I'm never rude or aggressive (despite being on the end of such myself from time to time!). I only either respond to genuine questions about Spurs that are occasionally asked; or I defend Spurs and its players if I see something written about them that I believe to be unfair or inaccurate. I get that some people don't like to have fans of other clubs on their team's message board but others seem to be okay with it, or even welcome it. I can only say that I enjoy the discussions.

By the way, I certainly never even remotely claimed that Kane is the best player in the world. If memory serves, I merely countered your claim that he does nothing more than score tap ins and penalties and that he offers his team nothing outside the penalty area.

Last edited:
You seem to be wound up merely by the fact that I'm a Spurs fan, no matter what I actually write.

I'm never disparaging about City; nor do I brag gratuitously about Spurs (how silly would that be, given the disparity between our two clubs' recent achievements?); I'm never rude or aggressive (despite being on the end of such myself from time to time!). I only either respond to genuine questions about Spurs that are occasionally asked; or I defend Spurs and its players if I see something written about them that I believe to be unfair or inaccurate. I get that some people don't like to have fans of other clubs on their team's message board but others seem to be okay with it, or even welcome it. I can only say that I enjoy the discussions.

By the way, I certainly never even remotely claimed that Kane is the best player in the world. If memory serves, I merely countered your claim that he does nothing more than score tap ins and penalties and that he offers his team nothing outside the penalty area.

Kane is a player I would have at City all day long even though he's a dirty so and so ;) This season in particular his link up play has been exceptional.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.