Spurs v City - CL QF I - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be tempted to bench walker but with Zinchenko out and Mendy not fully fit, he may have to play. I wouldn't want to move Laporte to LB...that weakens 2 positions in one move.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Danilo
Fern
Bernardo
KDB
Sterling
Sane
Sergio (if fit)

depending on the situation with Sergio if he is not 100% fit we must not play him,we cant risk further problems from a game that we should get something from without him ''like today'' as ive pointed out spurs have collected 4 points from the last 15 so their not on fire,all we need here is a draw

Reactions: dom
Think we night get beat 2-1 which I think is a decent result to bring them back home to.

An away goal is vital

Need a 100% improvement on today otherwise we'll lose. A bit worried that we looked fucked all game against Brighton, very little energy on show. Two days rest is not ideal whereas Spurs have had six days and this will maybe show. I think we'll lose 2-1 with this line up: Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Stones, Danilo, Fernandinho, B.Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Aguero.

Ederson
Danilo
Stones
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
B Silva
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

Muric, Kompany, Otamendi, Gundogan, D Silva, Mahrez, Jesus

I’d be tempted to drop Dave and play Bernardo there with sane and sterling on the wings. Wonder if mendy is going to be ok?

For me, for our very best front 6,
it’s always a choice if 6 from 7, and on current form, if the next game was the Champions League Final, Merlin would be the one to start on the bench.

People are actually picking Mendy to start 2 games in 4 days? Is that wise? I’d be very surprised if he did. Can’t see him starting too many more this season with Zinchenko about 10 days away from coming back. He did a job for us today, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to play him again so soon, and against such a good team.

Need a 100% improvement on today otherwise we'll lose. A bit worried that we looked fucked all game against Brighton, very little energy on show. Two days rest is not ideal whereas Spurs have had six days and this will maybe show. I think we'll lose 2-1 with this line up: Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Stones, Danilo, Fernandinho, B.Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Aguero.

oh deer! do you think we went out with guns blazing or with instructions to get 5,,,,we went out to win the game with no sending offs and no one on a stretcher and no one fatigued,that's what we did and we did it well,today has no bearing on Tue whatsoever

Not sure how to call this one. Their extra rest, new ground, last chance at trophy etc could make it very difficult to match their intensity. Bit like Anfield last year. But if they come at us gungho it could play right into our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.