Spurs Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

FantasyIreland said:
NQCitizen said:
Unbelievable that Garcia is constantly slated on this forum yet today Bob is getting massive criticism for not bringing him on.

Because,as poor as he is,he would have been our best option to retain the advantage and see the game out,is that not why he was purchased?

In all honesty I don't think quite as lowly of Garcia as most people but it's just laughable how there's always a criticism for any given scenario. If Garcia came on there'd be the textbook "oh god not Barry and Garcia, that's why we lost".

Garcia would have been perfect for the role described but once we lost Milner we needed another player capable of defending on the wing.

Didnt notice Richards on the bench. Shame because he would've been a good replacement for Milner at half time and we'd have kept the balance on the left with nasri. Just shows the shit luck we've had with injuries this season. Get one player fit another breaks down.

citymad said:
Didnt notice Richards on the bench. Shame because he would've been a good replacement for Milner at half time and we'd have kept the balance on the left with nasri. Just shows the shit luck we've had with injuries this season. Get one player fit another breaks down.
Absolutely. We could have had Richards at RB and Zabba pushed up right side of midfield.

So it's Mancini's fault that THREE defenders stood and watched the ball go past them for the Spuds first goal.

For some inexplicable reason the defence went to sleep for six or seven minutes. For a unit with the best defensive record in the league that is mind boggling.

If Dzeko was so invisible, and Kun not really fit why not try Sinclair?

Oh well roll on the next game.

Bluekiwi said:
So it's Mancini's fault that THREE defenders stood and watched the ball go past them for the Spuds first goal.

For some inexplicable reason the defence went to sleep for six or seven minutes. For a unit with the best defensive record in the league that is mind boggling.

If Dzeko was so invisible, and Kun not really fit why not try Sinclair?

Oh well roll on the next game.

Kinda Yes, from what I saw the communication between Clichy and Kolarov was none existent , they didn't seem to know where they were playing, which filtered through the defensive unit, as soon as Kolliwobbles came on we looked to struggle, Clichy was in no mans land from that point.

I don't mean to rub any salt in but this really has been a poor title defence. I think it's worse than Arsenal's against us in 2005. It seemed that you didn't really care to fight for it, which I'd be disappointed in. Contrast to how you fought against us the in the cup and collapsed here - it shows that it wasn't a form or quality issue, just a question of desire.

Castiel said:
I don't mean to rub any salt in but this really has been a poor title defence. I think it's worse than Arsenal's against us in 2005. It seemed that you didn't really care to fight for it, which I'd be disappointed in. Contrast to how you fought against us the in the cup and collapsed here - it shows that it wasn't a form or quality issue, just a question of desire.

Nice to see more intelligent third-party posts from you, Castiel. And yes, the on and off nature of our form suggests that there is a really significant problem with the manager, the players (many of them), and the relationship between them. After your recent experiences with Scolari>Hiddink, and then AVB>di Matteo>Benitez, you have no doubt seen this film before.

It seems to me that our players motivate themselves to excel in big matches against top competition (recently, Chelsea in the Cup and before that, United), but simply don't show up for relatively "unimportant" matches against lesser competition (recently, Southampton, Wigan and now Spurs). Whatever our players are playing for (when they bother to), it ain't Bobby anymore. Zabs and Tevez are the only two players who are playing at a higher level than last season. Other than Clichy, all of the others are underperforming in comparison to last season.

Castiel said:

Sums it up perfectly imo.

When Sinclair has come on personally I has felt he has done ok. Not a world beater but has least got hold of the ball and made a run with it.

He has has hardly any game time and for a winger especially they thrive on confidence and game time.

Now the league is gone he should start every game imo.

blueinsa said:
Castiel said:

Sums it up perfectly imo.
Bob seems to think desire is something that automatically comes with the territory of being a pro- footballer. It doesn´t. Perhaps in Italy the mentality is different but with the generation of Chavs and astronomically paid players we have in the P.L. something more is required to get them to perform week in, week out. That´s why teams have managers - not just to pick the starting 11

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.