Spurs Vs City Post match thread.

OB1 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
jknight said:
Thinking about his finishing last night you're probably right!

It's not just last night though is it? He scores some very important goals but his goal to chance ratio must be awful at te moment. God knows how many shots he had last night, it seemed like about 15 with about three on target. When he arrived I thought his finishing was deadly with either foot, now he's just incredibly erratic.

Well you got the ratio right (1:5): Edin had 10 shots, with two on target. Both his shots on target led to goals being scored.

His shooting was pretty awful last night but he did also play some excellent football; he remains the most frustrating footballer that I think I have ever seen in a City shirt.

Was it the West Ham home leg where he was just smashing everything wildly high and wide with no skill or composure at all but then scored a couple of proper classy finishes? It just seems to be the way he is these days. His general play is the same, one class touch followed by a sloppy lay off, no consistency to his play from one minute to the next. As you say outrageously frustrating.

TonyM said:
Comrade Buka said:
About the "non-offside".

offside.png
Pretty clear that it was onside.
Good attempt at being a WUM TonyM..........................you can borrow my specs whenever.
Sherwood was very supportive of City in his interview and he accepted that Adebayor and Dawson were offside.

OB1 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
jknight said:
Thinking about his finishing last night you're probably right!

It's not just last night though is it? He scores some very important goals but his goal to chance ratio must be awful at te moment. God knows how many shots he had last night, it seemed like about 15 with about three on target. When he arrived I thought his finishing was deadly with either foot, now he's just incredibly erratic.

Well you got the ratio right (1:5): Edin had 10 shots, with two on target. Both his shots on target led to goals being scored.

His shooting was pretty awful last night but he did also play some excellent football; he remains the most frustrating footballer that I think I have ever seen in a City shirt.

Completely agree. His finishing can be anything from lethal to diabolically bad and last night his finishing - as opposed to his general play - was the worst I have ever seen from him. Its no exaggeration to say he could have scored 6 or 7 himself last night had he had his shooting boots on.

Lancet Fluke said:
OB1 said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Was it the West Ham home leg where he was just smashing everything wildly high and wide with no skill or composure at all but then scored a couple of proper classy finishes? It just seems to be the way he is these days. His general play is the same, one class touch followed by a sloppy lay off, no consistency to his play from one minute to the next. As you say outrageously frustrating.

Yup. WHU was a case of Edin Donkey in the first half and superhero in the second.

Well said Tim Sherwood

Not about us being the best team on the planet, but putting the post match interviewer to right by saying that the Dawson `goal` was offside because Adebayor touched it on. Where`as at half time some numpty on BT sport said he was not interfearing with play!! Hargreaves i think it was. Also no arm waving, foul mouth abuse at Pellers or anybody else, unlike pardew, the classless nonentity. Well done Sherwood.

Chippy_boy said:
OB1 said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Completely agree. His finishing can be anything from lethal to diabolically bad and last night his finishing - as opposed to his general play - was the worst I have ever seen from him. Its no exaggeration to say he could have scored 6 or 7 himself last night had he had his shooting boots on.
Surely not as diabolically bad as the opening game against Newcastle?

What got me about Dzeko, wasteful finishing aside, was the way he was ambling around, not even getting back, with shoulders slouched when Spurs had the ball in their half after a City attack. Negredo would have been fighting to get the ball back as well as banging in those chances. But, as it was, glad that Negredo had a rest, whether his shoulder is mended or not.

Re: Well said Tim Sherwood

totallywired said:
Not about us being the best team on the planet, but putting the post match interviewer to right by saying that the Dawson `goal` was offside because Adebayor touched it on. Where`as at half time some numpty on BT sport said he was not interfearing with play!! Hargreaves i think it was. Also no arm waving, foul mouth abuse at Pellers or anybody else, unlike pardew, the classless nonentity. Well done Sherwood.

i like sherwood hope he's with them for a while and picks a cup or two up, none of this post match bullshit with him

Nice to hear the opposing manager actually congratulate the team that beat you rather than list off every excuse under the sun except for "we were just not good enough".

Ha ha makes me laugh this, we all love the opposition manager when we have just stuffed them 1-5!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.