Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

Couple of unwanted firsts for me today. Watched the game on BT Sports and watched it in a pub, dont think either of those things have happened simultaneously before. Both are experiences I've no wish to repeat in a hurry. Some decent 'City' lads in the pub albeit none of them actually ever go to a game, but some complete knobheads in there with their Man U tops on talking bollocks. Frankly I don't need that shit anymore than I need to listen to the BT commentary ever again.

Anyway, goals change games, and Spurs got the benefit of a couple of piss poor offside decisions allied to some bizarre defending on our part. Yes we had some key players missing but the whole point of the exercise is to create a squad that can cope with that and still compete on four fronts. There's no need to press the panic button just yet but we do need to address the problems that have been (mostly of our own making) clear for everyone to see in the last few games.

I hope that pathetic "how many games will we win on the trot" thread has been discarded to room 101.

Any team would miss Hart,Kompany and Silva out at the same time,on form three world class players. I looked at the line up pre game and i feared the worst,indeed i think i said as much in the pre game thread.We also had a new central defensive partnership one of whom is getting used to this league.Having said that the players out there should be doing better.Spurs are a mid table/top six side at best and have looked ordinary this season so far. Our first eleven when fit and in form will beat most sides the worrying thing is in spite of the money spent our back up players just aren't good enough,the keeper looks like an accident waiting to happen every game and doesn't usually disappoint!

This is what has fucked us up. The first 5 games we had a settled back 5. Since then changes after changes. No comunication. Willy in goal fucked up big time. I dont get the play Willy in 2 games. We need our leaders badly. A team with hopefully Hart , Zaba and Kompany would give us that leadership. Also add into the mix Silva and we create more chances. A run of games in the league with a 4-4-2 would be better and would take some pressure off Kun so hopefully Bony or Nacho will be fit soon. No need to get too down on this result we will sort it and MP looked pissed at the end I just cant see us doing as bad defending wise for a long time. I get we have to get minutes into players but mistakes cost us today as did some calls by the linesman but thats football and it evens itself out over a season.

Our annual 'the wheels have fallen off' performances are happening early this year.

Not a good sign at all.

How's it all gone so wrong so quickly?

If we analyse the performances, we can come to an easy, maybe inaccurate, assessment - Juve two goals, each off the inside of different posts, two goals out of three attempts, clinical, something we are not at the moment, Wist Him got battered in the second half, Sunderland shite, and we cop for some outrageous lino-ing, and a capitulation when Spurs get the equaliser. None of this should happen to the players we have, whether in attack or defence, but I've grown up with it. But I do expect better players to come with a bit of bottle.

Am most certainly in your camp! Nail on head

I agree that the window was great, and that injuries are a significant problem, and I agree fans should show steel cos we will start to play well again.

But most importantly I agree it's a 'mojo' thing. The problem is that we need to control the mojo rather than wait for it to return. Even in the first half we weren't working hard to close down space, then heads dropped completely later. Substitute mojo for individual psychology and the club might have something they can target. I hope they're doing this and not leaving it to chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.